Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
MY feed just went BLANK mid flight. Why and what do I do at time?
1285 14 2017-8-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ham
New
Italy

So mid flight my screens live feed just went gray.. I could still control the drone, but no feed. Thankfully I was able to safely land the drone but I have NO idea why that happened but also, what to do when that happens..

Can I get advice??

Thanks
2017-8-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

May I know which type of your mobile and what's the OS version? How about restarting the APP? Also, please offer the screenshots of ABOUT interface and error message, we'd like to look into it.
2017-8-21
Use props
Ham
New
Italy

Iphone 6 - Latest O.S.

And I don't get an error message. the screen just went gray.. That's it.. The live feed went gray but I could still control the drone and I could still land it safely thanks to visually seeing it.
2017-8-22
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

I have NO idea why that happened but also, what to do when that happens

I don't know that I can explain the "why" but the best thing to do when that happens is to make sure you have plenty of altitude and then watch the distance on the remote controller, gradually adjusting the yaw until the distance is decreasing at the fastest rate possible. At that time your aircraft will be pointing to its home point (presumably where you are located) and you can bring it back without FPV. Or, of course, you could always just use the RTH button on the remote to bring it back that way.
2017-8-22
Use props
VictorJW
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9255 ft
Germany

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-8-22 02:20

I don't know that I can explain the "why" but the best thing to do when that happens is to make sure you have plenty of altitude and then watch the distance on the remote controller, gradually adjusting the yaw until the distance is decreasing at the fastest rate possible. At that time your aircraft will be pointing to its home point (presumably where you are located) and you can bring it back without FPV. Or, of course, you could always just use the RTH button on the remote to bring it back that way.

I have a brand new just delivered Mavic. On first power on it told me Gimbal disconnected, but after that one time, and now 2 firmware updates I don't get that any more. Upto now I have just used the simulator to get a basic feel for the controls.

So today I took if for its first flights. 3 times I managed to take off, and 3 times the video went dead, blank grey screen just like you described, with in 2 minutes. All I could do was steer it home and land.

I have an iPhone 7Plus on latest software and using latest version of DJI Go 4.  The Mavic and controller software is the new one from a day or two ago.

Very frustrating.

Victor
2017-8-24
Use props
Andrewrat
New
South Africa

I received my Mavic yesterday, downloaded the DJI GO 4 App on my iPhone 7 Plus, updated the firmware and I also get the grey screen every time I fly the drone. Please can someone from DJI help???

Andrew
2017-8-24
Use props
R_Adams
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9144 ft
Canada

Hello

I created a post about a similar issue and the iPhone in the DJI Go section; https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D392%26typeid%3D392

Maybe it is similar to your issue?

Thanks.
2017-8-26
Use props
Supercaliber
lvl.1
Flight distance : 249364 ft
  • >>>
United States

The iphone 7 is the problem. I switched back to my 6s and everything was perfect.
2017-8-26
Use props
R_Adams
lvl.2
Canada

Supercaliber Posted at 2017-8-26 05:12
The iphone 7 is the problem. I switched back to my 6s and everything was perfect.

You are fortunate that you have a second phone, I don't. I bought the iPhone 7+ just for the Mavic. I ordered a cable recommended in another thread to see if that helps or changes the issue. I started flying with DJI Go 4.1.4 and was really building confidence in the system. It could be a coincidence that the cable failed the exact same time as I upgraded to 4.1.5 but I still think the issue is related to the App. It is not any better with 4.1.7.
2017-8-26
Use props
Ackermodul95
lvl.2
Germany

Switch to airplane mode, works for me.
2017-8-26
Use props
R_Adams
lvl.2
Canada

Ackermodul95 Posted at 2017-8-26 06:03
Switch to airplane mode, works for me.

OK, One more thing to try on my next flight. Thank you.
2017-8-26
Use props
fansa7dc5944
lvl.4
Flight distance : 50988 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

If only video feed lost and you still get all other info available on screen. Assuming you do not lost connection between rc and Mavic ( look at the rc icon at top right). You have 2 tools available. A) use the map. It shows Mavic heading and a line draw drom its current location to home point. Rotate Mavic until the arrow head coinside with the line. Ascend to safe altitude then push right stick forward to come home. Watch the distant on screen. Hopefully you can hear its sound and get visual.
B) use the radar on screen. Rotate Mavic until the arrow head point to home position then follow procedure in A).
But if you have nothing at all, hit RTH. Until it fly back near enough cancel RTH and land manually
2017-8-26
Use props
Hirano_ken
New
United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-8-22 02:20

The DJI cable connecting the phone to the remote controller suck. Just use a good iPhone cable and you should be good to go.
2017-8-26
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

Hirano_ken Posted at 2017-8-26 10:11
The DJI cable connecting the phone to the remote controller suck. Just use a good iPhone cable and you should be good to go.

I'm not having a problem; I was replying to someone else. But yes, sometimes the cable is the cause of disconnections.
2017-8-26
Use props
GMG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3632605 ft
France

When this first happened to me, I thought it was a software or reception/signal issue. As noted by the previous 2 commenters, try a new cable, taking a standard USB cable and plugging it into the lower middle of the RC and then into your iOS or Android device. The cables that come with the MP are quite fragile and prone to crimping, when you swing open/closed the display holders. They may appear fine, as mine did, but still be compromised. For me, swapping cables fixed the issue.
2017-8-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules