Mill Site Well, CA
799 8 2017-8-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ray_Dunakin
lvl.4
United States

This brief video from my Nevada and Mojave trip features a rustic setting near the California/Nevada state line. A small corral, a lonely windmill, a few cattle, and lots of wide open space - it could pass for a scene from another era:

Music by Audionautix

2017-8-21
Use props
RobDownUnder
lvl.4
Flight distance : 103609 ft
Australia

Nice image and music
2017-8-21
Use props
StanfordWebbie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 178018 ft
United States

As an equestrian, I've flown my Mavic near horses quite a bit with little or no reaction.  I have heard, however, that cows seem to really fear drones.  Did you experience anything like that?
2017-8-21
Use props
Petroboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3681 ft
Canada

StanfordWebbie Posted at 2017-8-21 18:33
As an equestrian, I've flown my Mavic near horses quite a bit with little or no reaction.  I have heard, however, that cows seem to really fear drones.  Did you experience anything like that?

They must have been affected.  They were all walking backwards in that opening scene!
2017-8-21
Use props
Ray_Dunakin
lvl.4
United States

The cows didn't seem to pay it any attention. Still, I tried to avoid getting too low over them, just in case.

2017-8-21
Use props
Ray_Dunakin
lvl.4
United States

Petroboy Posted at 2017-8-21 19:22
They must have been affected.  They were all walking backwards in that opening scene!

Heheh! When I first reversed that clip, I thought they were all standing still. Later I realized a couple of them were walking a bit, but the clip worked so much better in reverse I just kept it that way.
2017-8-21
Use props
Laval076
lvl.3
Flight distance : 87438 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Wow !!! What are your camera adjustments ????
2017-8-22
Use props
Ray_Dunakin
lvl.4
United States

Ray_Dunakin Posted at 2017-8-21 21:46
Heheh! When I first reversed that clip, I thought they were all standing still. Later I realized a couple of them were walking a bit, but the clip worked so much better in reverse I just kept it that way.

I don't remember the specific settings. I did use a ND-8 polarized filter. I also did a little post-processing in Final Cut Pro, mainly just brightening it up a bit.
2017-8-22
Use props
Laval076
lvl.3
Flight distance : 87438 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Great result !!!
2017-8-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now