Gimbal Auto Callibration Problem
1102 6 2015-3-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tpallai
lvl.4

United States

so I noticed that my gimbal is off horizon so I  did the gimbal auto calibration and it here's what happened:1.  The gimbal begins to adjust itself and corrects the horizon
2.  The gimbal turns 180 degrees to face the back of the aircraft then tilts the gimbal so it is once again off horizon.
3.  The gimbal turns back to face the front of the aircraft with its horizon once again tilted.

I know that you can adjust it manually but it's a bit hard to tell if the horizon truly is perfectly level.
If anyone is having has a fix or this problem or anyone also having this problem please comment below.
2015-3-29
Use props
will.rowland
lvl.1
United States

Mine just started doing that exact same thing the other day.  Turn on Inspire, horizon severely slanted.  Run autocalibration, it corrects, pauses, and then reverts back to slanted.

I have to manually dial in a roll adjustment of -5.2 to -5.4 to correct and every time the drone is turned off/on it's back to cooked.  I've tried recalibrating compass, IMU, verifying I'm on a flat surface.  Removing and reconnecting gimbal and turning on and retrying.  No change.

2015-3-30
Use props
tpallai
lvl.4

United States

will.rowland@ou Posted at 2015-3-31 04:44
Mine just started doing that exact same thing the other day.  Turn on Inspire, horizon severely slan ...

I've contacted DJI and they told me that it was a defect in the camera and they wanted me to ship the whole unit and aircraft back !   And who knows how long that will take!
2015-3-30
Use props
will.rowland
lvl.1
United States

Not quite ready to call it broken, yet.  I'll experiment with it a little more before I call DJI.  Not saying they're wrong, but it seems like their primary response to any call is "send it in".
2015-3-30
Use props
shannonfalcone
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3 ft
British Virgin Islands

I've also just had this same thing start to happen over the weekend! Aside from having slight horizon tilt it's also slightly off center-line in the vertical plane. As with Will have tried everything I can think of and no luck, any other thoughts. Will def keep flying and manually adjust rather than loose the bird in the DJI RMA system for now.
2015-3-30
Use props
will.rowland
lvl.1
United States

Fixed mine.

Compass recalibration has no impact.  Did an IMU recalibration (in my home, which I hear is terrible, but it was the only place I could insure a flat surface).  As the IMU calibration progressed I could actually see the camera leveling out.  When it finished it was perfectly level with the surface it was on.  I reran the gimbal calibration and no issues.

Now, I'm a noob at this and right now this Inspire is more precious to me than Bilbo's ring was to Bilbo.  I've read bits and pieces on IMU calibration, compass calibration, best practices, and what the various sensor numbers mean, but is there a definitive explanation out there.  I'm clueless because I don't know where to look, not because I'm not willing to put in the effort.
2015-3-30
Use props
tpallai
lvl.4

United States

will.rowland@ou Posted at 2015-3-31 09:49
Fixed mine.

Compass recalibration has no impact.  Did an IMU recalibration (in my home, which I hea ...

Thank you I will try that. Why is bad to do an IMU calibration in a house?  And Ibe been looking for how to understand the IMU stuff too and I too don't understand it.
2015-3-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules