Possible to use the Mavic RC Cable?
3353 12 2017-8-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tonicboy
lvl.1
Indonesia

Has anyone tried using the Mavic RC Cable?  I found this one on Amazon - https://www.amazon.com/DJI-RC-Ca ... =pe_623860_70668670 - and since a cable is a cable, I can't see any reason why this one wouldn't work for the Spark.  If anyone has used it successfully, could you please post a pic of it with your Spark RC?  I'm curious exactly how long it is and if it's long enough for a large phone (hoping to upgrade to Note 8 soon) or small tablet.
2017-8-22
Use props
tonicboy
lvl.1
Indonesia

Here's a third-party version.  In the questions section, people are reporting that it works with the Spark so I guess that answers my question.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071JF ... ding=UTF8&psc=1
2017-8-22
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

The only  possible issue is length as the Spark micro usb port is at the bottom of the controller rather than high up on the side  for the mavic controller.
I think  8.14 inch might be too short if your wanting to use a tablet holder like a mavmount

It will however work if you want to slot something like an Ipad mini 4 into the controller arms
2017-8-22
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

We don't recommend using Mavic Pro's connecting cable for Spark. Thanks for your understanding.
2017-8-22
Use props
tonicboy
lvl.1
Indonesia

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-8-22 04:02
We don't recommend using Mavic Pro's connecting cable for Spark. Thanks for your understanding.

Hi Thor, can you please elaborate on why you don't recommend it?  I've seen several admins mention this in several threads, but never with a single reason or explanation.  Many of us are, indeed, flying successfully with OTG cables and, as far as I understand, the Mavic Pro RC cable is simply an OTG cable with male connectors on both ends.  So why don't you recommend it?  Is it simply because the feature hasn't been tested fully and you don't want to encourage usage that may break the craft?  Or is the Mavic Pro cable somehow specifically tied to the Mavic?
2017-8-29
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

tonicboy Posted at 2017-8-29 21:45
Hi Thor, can you please elaborate on why you don't recommend it?  I've seen several admins mention this in several threads, but never with a single reason or explanation.  Many of us are, indeed, flying successfully with OTG cables and, as far as I understand, the Mavic Pro RC cable is simply an OTG cable with male connectors on both ends.  So why don't you recommend it?  Is it simply because the feature hasn't been tested fully and you don't want to encourage usage that may break the craft?  Or is the Mavic Pro cable somehow specifically tied to the Mavic?

Please noticed that RC can not connect with mobile device with cable. Spark only support wifi to connect the devices.
2017-8-30
Use props
manxphoto
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3797825 ft
Isle of Man

Hi Guys at DJI

Could you maybe sort it so that it is possible to connect the mobile device with a cable?  For us folks who are running under CE regulations, the connection between mobile device is using the 2.4GHz Wi-Fi to make a connection of around 1cm, forcing the connection to the aircraft to use the 5.8GHz which has a really poor range (maximum 300metres in perfect conditions as mentioned in the official Spark handbook!)  It seems ridiculous to be using a valuable 2.4GHz radio link for a connection that could be far better served with a few centimetres of cable.  My usual drone is a Phantom 4 pro - which connects with a cable, so why not the Spark?
2017-8-30
Use props
tonicboy
lvl.1
Indonesia

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-8-30 00:32
Please noticed that RC can not connect with mobile device with cable. Spark only support wifi to connect the devices.

Except that I use a cable every single time I fly, and so do many other users...
2017-8-30
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

tonicboy Posted at 2017-8-30 20:27
Except that I use a cable every single time I fly, and so do many other users...

The flight performance is not stable with OTG and our engineer would not recommended you use OTG and the cable.  
2017-8-30
Use props
Luca Rubino
Second Officer
Flight distance : 711512 ft
  • >>>
Italy

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-8-30 22:42
The flight performance is not stable with OTG and our engineer would not recommended you use OTG and the cable.

I had many issue without cable!!! Many lost connections (20m distance!!), B/W video, freeze etc. My iPhone become very hot quickly. Every time I experienced one of them, I plug the cable and.. voila. Everything goes perfect!  And my iPhone is colder. And smoother. Why you engineers don't recommend to use it?? Maybe your engineers must start to use your drones... and experience what every spark user does!
2017-8-31
Use props
fansf2a1959a
New

Canada

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-8-30 22:42

Why doesn't the mavic need a special otg cable to hook up to tablets but the spark does? I just use my cell charging cable that came with my Samsung and it works
2017-12-7
Use props
dansmar
Second Officer
Flight distance : 422149 ft
United States

Otg is working for iOS not very 4.1.18, but for Android you have to downgrade to 4.1.15 or earlier to get other working.
2017-12-7
Use props
dansmar
Second Officer
Flight distance : 422149 ft
United States

Sorry weird spell check error, other is working in iOS on version 4.1.18
2017-12-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules