New Mavic Pro Firmware Released (22/08/2017)
70441 273 2017-8-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ro_flyer
First Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

yoyo3 Posted at 2017-8-22 06:24
Je vais faire beaucoup de fois. Bloqué, après avoir été bloqué à 11%, il semble tout à l'heure.

Donc c'est pour:

- English ?????????
2017-8-22
Use props
ro_flyer
First Officer
Brazil

Bomberuk1 Posted at 2017-8-22 08:12
cant edit or delete my post, WHY ?

Because you can't edit after people have answered ... malicious people could take advantage of that
2017-8-22
Use props
Sublight
lvl.1
Flight distance : 148661 ft
United States

Sorry guys, I don't mean to hijack your thread but...
Im about to go out and buy the Mavic, its my first big boy drone.  I keep reading that people have problems with Android phones and the app.  Is this normal?  Im scared to drop 1.2k on a drone if my phone is not going to work well with it.  Im running the Google Nexus 5x running Android 7.1.2.

Best buy told me they charge a 15% restocking fee if I bring it back.  So if I bring it back due to the phone not working well, then im screwed out of a lot of money.  Someone help a newbee like me.  Im already scared to death to drop that much money (im super cheap, but want this badly.  LOL)
2017-8-22
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

Sublight Posted at 2017-8-22 11:35
Im about to go out and buy the Mavic, its my first big boy drone.  I keep reading that people have problems with Android phones and the app.  Is this normal?  Im scared to drop 1.2k on a drone if my phone is not going to work well with it.  Im running the Google Nexus 5x running Android 7.1.2.

Buy it.  Best Buy takes everything back.  I bought both of my Mavics there.  The extra you spend on tax is peace-of-mind since it is Best Buy.
2017-8-22
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
United States

fanseeba7327 Posted at 2017-8-22 03:32
Tried to update. Came up with an error after what looked like it was almost complete. Tried a second time. Still didn't update. And now my battery has the two middle lights stuck on and will not power down the mavic. Plus the battery's status on the remote is Now also not showing battery power. Battery will not charge now. And I'm unable to reach try the firmware due to battery power to low message when trying to try update again

Put that battery in the Mavic.  Power it up.  

Using the top-left connection on the R/C, use USB to connect to a computer with DJI Assistant 2.  Power up the R/C without your phone connected at all.  

In Assistant, you'll see where it says firmware version for R/C & connected UAV (your Mavic).  Do a firmware refresh & it will fix the battery AND get you to 100% (be very, very patient).

***ALWAYS perform future FW updates in this manner to avoid BS***

2017-8-22
Use props
Dread-Pirate-Ro
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2169731 ft
United Kingdom

I have an android with no problems, never crashed on me with over 50 flights
2017-8-22
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
United States

I forgot to mention you should look seriously at the DJI Goggles (with focus fixers) since you're getting that Mavic Pro.  I bought them from DJI direct.
2017-8-22
Use props
nicolagaf
New
Flight distance : 302552 ft
France

Hello all. Update made via dji assistant because with the phone in wifi impossible. It took a long time. But all walk. Small test flight and c is ok. I make a longer flight tomorrow to confirm the improvements. Good flight to all.
2017-8-22
Use props
MARSAN
Second Officer
Flight distance : 966978 ft
Belgium

Your phone is not in DJI's list:
http://www.dji.com/mavic/info#specs
2017-8-22
Use props
pllphoto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8903051 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI please release in the next firmware where it doesn't stop for a split second when spinning (yawing) and tilting the camera. Thanks.
2017-8-22
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

No thanks DJI, im quite content on .400 .....
2017-8-22
Use props
RotorZ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5774524 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Did the update, photo's are looking good. But then again, they already did...  Like said here: fix the tilting issue in the next update please!!!

Pics from tonight: https://www.facebook.com/rotorzd ... id=1503432844762679
2017-8-22
Use props
JBK
New
United States

I installed DJI Go version 4.1.7 and Firmware version 01.03.1000 today. I flew my Mavic after all the updates and it was 167 ft high and 224 ft away in the tripod mode and I hit return to home. It started descending and went lower than the 30 meter RTH setting and was about to descend into some trees. I cancelled the RTH and flew it back to land manually. I ran through the flight log on my iPad and didn't see any error messages. I tried another flight in normal mode (not tripod mode) and repeated the test. It returned normally and landed within about 2 inches from where it took off. Problem only seems to occur in tripod mode.
2017-8-22
Use props
Rol
First Officer

United States

Glad to see a new Firmware update.
2017-8-22
Use props
Rol
First Officer

United States

I will do many times. Blocked, after being blocked at 11%, it seems just now.
2017-8-22
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
United States

JBK Posted at 2017-8-22 13:21
I installed DJI Go version 4.1.7 and Firmware version 01.03.1000 today. I flew my Mavic after all the updates and it was 167 ft high and 224 ft away in the tripod mode and I hit return to home. It started descending and went lower than the 30 meter RTH setting and was about to descend into some trees. I cancelled the RTH and flew it back to land manually. I ran through the flight log on my iPad and didn't see any error messages. I tried another flight in normal mode (not tripod mode) and repeated the test. It returned normally and landed within about 2 inches from where it took off. Problem only seems to occur in tripod mode.

I've had this happen 2 or 3 times in the 9 months of owning a few Mavics.  Then trying another flight, it'll be fine.  

Be sure to only use the RTH button on the R/C for best results (not sending it thru the phone).
2017-8-22
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
United States

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2017-8-22 13:09
No thanks DJI, im quite content on .400 .....

You're doing yourself a disservice at this point.  I think this 4.1.5 Android version of GO 4 & FW 1000 is the best so far in every aspect.  I burnt thru 4 batteries today & finally really having a blast with these Focus Fixers (goggles) & a reliable Mavic.

Seems the dynamic range is more reliable too, if that makes sense.  Especially if trees/plants are the background.
2017-8-22
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
Cayman Islands

I use the 5X regularly with the Mavic.  Not a single problem, ever.  No app crashes, it just "works".
2017-8-22
Use props
BernieB
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18737 ft
United States

The update went smoothly for me.  I started with the RC and AC batteries fully charged and used DGI Go running on an iPad Pro 10.5".  The update percentage indicator slowed down noticeably at just over 50%.  Around 66% it appeared that the battery update took place as the the two center lights turned on with the lowest one periodically flashing rapidly.  After two or three minutes the battery lights returned to normal (by this time only 3 were illuminated) and the percentage complete indicator continued to increase until the update was finished.  At the end of the update, the RC showed the AC battery at 76%.  I turned off the AC and put in my second battery and after restarting the AC I was prompted to update its firmware--the process completed quickly.   After a quick check all appears to be in good order.  Too windy for a flight check at this moment so I'll do that tomorrow.
2017-8-22
Use props
ro_flyer
First Officer
Brazil

Rol Posted at 2017-8-22 14:16
Glad to see a new Firmware update.

with absolutely nothing new...
2017-8-22
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Doesn't appear to have fixed the black screen problem with Apple's Finder and Apple apps on MacOS El Capitan 10.12.5+.
2017-8-22
Use props
Rol
First Officer

United States

ro_flyer Posted at 2017-8-22 15:34
with absolutely nothing new...

Lol,  I guess we can't have it all. At least we get a new one for now.
2017-8-22
Use props
fans6e3e54c5
New

United States

I just completed this update with no problems. Followed directions to a T. Rechecked my settings and yes like it says some of the had gone back to default. Started my Mavic and used auto takeoff. It raised 4' flew sideways and slammed into the side of my house then fell to the ground in pieces!!!!
2017-8-22
Use props
Bill in Ohio
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJ Enertia Posted at 2017-8-22 04:06
Im using a Galaxy s8+ and had major crashes with GO app 4.1.5 and my first flight I almost lost the Mavic so I finaly got things working with GO app 4.1.4 and updates to .900 which were not finishing it would freeze around 50% using my phone so I tried updating using the Assistant2 version 1.1.2_2 on my Pc but the drivers wouldn't load so every time I connected Mavic or controller to Pc using USB the Assistant2 wasn't recognising it,so I uninstalled Assistant2 and found older version Assistant2 1.0.7 which loaded the drivers correctly and I was able to update.

So im little hesitant to try the latest new update until since now all is working well no crashes yet im going to wait until more people post their testing in the field.

I have a Samsung S7 and found that if I turned the phone's setting for DISPLAY > MODE to Basic (instead of the fancier modes) and DISPLAY>RESOLUTION to 1920x 1080 almost all App Crashes went away and after firmware v. 01.03.09 I flew app crash free.   My first attempt to update failed, but I was doing stuff and that is the first time that happened.  So I did dji asst 2 and all seemed OK, but on reboot of aircfaft and RC I had only gotten RC updated.  Went ahead and use the Go 4 app again and all went well.

I will be flying tomorrow.  So I will find out how it is doing.  Flew two batteries and all went well.  Sharp photos and video of construction site (with permission).  They are building a large Assisted Home facility.
Happy Camper!

Flew three flights today (8/24/2017) and all is well.  No app disconnects.
2017-8-22
Use props
fans8afdb562
New
United States

I am 64 years old an this is the first time I have been compelled to join ANY forum.

I downloaded and installed this latest update / upgrade. To my dismay, I had to dig to see that, indeed, one must "save" setting that they may have accumulated based on their learning curve and preferences they have made in settings that got lost in the upgrade. My only comment is that if we had to go back and reset all of our selection in "Outlook" every time there was an upgrade...there would be a bunch of unhappy folks out there!

I "Chatted" with a DJI online "help" person that seemed to repeat that all issues I was talking about would be fixed in the next release". He had no idea when that would be!

But my biggest issue was, the Precision landing / RTH accuracy went out he window after I did the download and install. I Calibrated my compass, I have great GPS reception. I covered all the bases that are coverable for GPS, etc. Is anyone else seeing an issue with this?

I went from consistent (within inches)  accurate RTH landings to no better than 5-10 feet away from the home position. I get the "home position recorded" message.

From all, the reading I have done, over the past months, it seem to me that DJI should consider the ability to allow us to somehow revert to the previous rev of their software, considering the amount of money we all have aloft and at risk when a new rev comes out.

Any ideas will be gratefully recieved and helpful.
2017-8-22
Use props
Asainz320
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1061594 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans8afdb562 Posted at 2017-8-22 17:49
I am 64 years old an this is the first time I have been compelled to join ANY forum.

I downloaded and installed this latest update / upgrade. To my dismay, I had to dig to see that, indeed, one must "save" setting that they may have accumulated based on their learning curve and preferences they have made in settings that got lost in the upgrade. My only comment is that if we had to go back and reset all of our selection in "Outlook" every time there was an upgrade...there would be a bunch of unhappy folks out there!

Have you tried to tick the box for pression home recording when doing auto take off? It will climb by itself to about 20 feet but you should keep going straight up to about 30 and your landing will be withing an inch from takeoff point.
2017-8-22
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Updated both AC and RC will do test flights this weekend.
2017-8-22
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

fans8afdb562 Posted at 2017-8-22 17:49

You can generally revert one version back with the DJI Assistant 2 app, downloadable from the DJI Mavic support page.

I would try what Asainz320 suggests first before reverting, if you didn't go high enough, the home point won't be as accurately returned to. Note that accuracy is provided both by GPS lock and visual recognition systems, so if the take-off area is monochromatic or otherwise without much detail, those visual systems won't be of much use and GPS inaccuracies will come into play.

2017-8-22
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

DRONE-flies-YOU Posted at 2017-8-22 14:36
You're doing yourself a disservice at this point.  I think this 4.1.5 Android version of GO 4 & FW 1000 is the best so far in every aspect.  I burnt thru 4 batteries today & finally really having a blast with these Focus Fixers (goggles) & a reliable Mavic.

Seems the dynamic range is more reliable too, if that makes sense.  Especially if trees/plants are the background.

DFY
Did you notice that the radar chart is no longer selectable. I see that it is working and the slider is turned on (greyed out) but you cannot change it. This happened on the Inspire 2 FW update also. But on the Inspire 2 you do not have the radar bars on the screen anymore.  Seems like  a bug that is now spreading to other drones

Rich
2017-8-22
Use props
ImHereToCrash
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-8-22 20:52
DFU
Did you notice that the radar chart is no longer selectable. I see that it is working and the slider is turned on (greyed out) but you cannot change it. This happened on the Inspire 2 FW update also. But on the Inspire 2 you do not have the radar bars on the screen anymore.  Seems like  a bug that is now spreading to other drones

ya doesn't make sense.. i noticed if you flip off obstacle avoidance system the radar option is availble.. its definitely a bug i think..  seems counter intuitive decision if it was intentional.. why would we want bars on screen if we disabled OA?  big reason for switching off OA is so the system is less annoying and less cluttered.  seems like should be other way around and be an option for OA use..
2017-8-22
Use props
Sniper+
lvl.1
Italy

Does it solve this problem? https://forum.dji.com/thread-103781-1-1.html
2017-8-22
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

Krevvy Posted at 2017-8-22 10:40
Ok 1 bug I've found (or maybe just me being daft)

On iPad when I try to change the rth height or max height I get a numpad up and can change the value.. but there is no enter key or accept.. if I click off the keypad the alien isnt saved.

I have an Ipad Mini 4 and the keyboard has a Done key on it. Maybe you missed seeing it.
2017-8-22
Use props
Chunter
lvl.2
Flight distance : 25597 ft
Germany

"Improved image quality"   could you be more vague?
2017-8-22
Use props
george_007
lvl.4
Flight distance : 183045 ft
Sweden

Neither is mine but it works fine. A Lenovo P2. Mid-range phone.
2017-8-22
Use props
MARSAN
Second Officer
Belgium

george_007 Posted at 2017-8-22 23:20
Neither is mine but it works fine. A Lenovo P2. Mid-range phone.

You might want to inform DJI, because they cannot test every smartphone and tablet on the market.
2017-8-22
Use props
travelrikk
Captain
Flight distance : 21877946 ft
  • >>>
Malta

One question -  do apps like Hangar 360 still work or not?
2017-8-22
Use props
rmf
lvl.2
Flight distance : 604432 ft
Sweden

My update went smoothly till 99% and then it was hanging for like 30 mins. Then I decided to force restart the drone and controller. There were no warnings, errors or issue after the restart. Everything seems to work fine. I hope everything is ok. The version number is the latest. Do I have to redo the update?
2017-8-23
Use props
george_007
lvl.4
Flight distance : 183045 ft
Sweden

MARSAN Posted at 2017-8-22 23:34
You might want to inform DJI, because they cannot test every smartphone and tablet on the market.

Sure. Anything to help. How do I inform DJI about this?
2017-8-23
Use props
jpap
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1780679 ft
Greece

Any observations on the "improved image quality" ?
2017-8-23
Use props
MARSAN
Second Officer
Belgium

george_007 Posted at 2017-8-23 00:29
Sure. Anything to help. How do I inform DJI about this?

You can try the DJI support page on this website, otherwise try support@dji.com
2017-8-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules