New Mavic Pro Firmware Released (22/08/2017)
70264 273 2017-8-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

fansa1a0b9ff Posted at 2017-8-24 17:38
I updated both my remote and my Mavic using the DJI Assistant 2 app on Mac, and both were successful.  But when I go to fly, the DJI GO4 app tells me that the firmwares are unmatched.  I have refreshed the firmwares on both multiple times, using different batteries and I keep getting the same error. Remote will connect to the mavic and app, but I just can't take off.   Any help?

You would possibly get this message if the firmware in the battery needs to be updated. You can just select to update by using the slider in the GO 4 app and it will only take a couple of minutes to update the battery.
2017-8-24
Use props
Censurion
lvl.2
Flight distance : 448192 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

rebelmark Posted at 2017-8-22 08:52
never mind, figured it out.  You essentially just have to install each battery and it does a quick update on each once the main update is done.

It doesn't ask to update the other batteries. So looks like batteries are not updated by this version
2017-8-24
Use props
Nelsonlee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2779203 ft
  • >>>
Malaysia

Censurion Posted at 2017-8-24 22:37
It doesn't ask to update the other batteries. So looks like batteries are not updated by this version

It need to be update all other extra battery for this new firmware, i have extra 2 batteries after i power up and connect to DJI Assistant 2 and prompt me to update the batteries.
2017-8-24
Use props
Waletko
lvl.1
Flight distance : 112238 ft
Poland

I'm receiving error code 0x020106 everytime I try to upgrade Mavic from 550 to 01.03.1000.  Can you help me, please?  I have successfully updated RC with Assistance2, but drone is still in 550 and I cant take off because of "version mismatch". I also tried to update with Android app, but again - with no luck. Please help me.
2017-8-25
Use props
Moz 42
New
Flight distance : 11181 ft
Australia

While updating the firmware it stalled at 99% until the batteries went flat. What do I do now? I'm recharging the batteries and will try to update again. Please advise best actions to take.
2017-8-25
Use props
Nelsonlee
lvl.4
  • >>>
Malaysia

Waletko Posted at 2017-8-25 00:40
I'm receiving error code 0x020106 everytime I try to upgrade Mavic from 550 to 01.03.1000.  Can you help me, please?  I have successfully updated RC with Assistance2, but drone is still in 550 and I cant take off because of "version mismatch". I also tried to update with Android app, but again - with no luck. Please help me.

Hope this will solve your problem.

2017-8-25
Use props
Nelsonlee
lvl.4
  • >>>
Malaysia

Moz 42 Posted at 2017-8-25 02:28
While updating the firmware it stalled at 99% until the batteries went flat. What do I do now? I'm recharging the batteries and will try to update again. Please advise best actions to take.

Are you using PC/Mac running on DJI Assistant 2 to upgrade?
2017-8-25
Use props
fansa1a0b9ff
lvl.1
United States

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-8-24 22:20
You would possibly get this message if the firmware in the battery needs to be updated. You can just select to update by using the slider in the GO 4 app and it will only take a couple of minutes to update the battery.

It doesn't prompt that it needs an update when I use the app.  It only prompts to update the no-fly zone, which fails every single time I try to do it as well.  I already updated the batteries using the DJI Assistant on my Mac anyway, so this probably isn't the cause.  
2017-8-25
Use props
DocentUSA
lvl.1
Flight distance : 130489 ft
United States

After reading this thread I decided to stay with FW 900.
My camera sometimes reloaded during recording in flight but that was with FW 700, once I updated to .900 the problem was gone for me.
Improved image quality? I would upgrade if the image quality was fixed for 1080/60p but it doesn't look like that.
2017-8-25
Use props
DronePix
lvl.3
Flight distance : 765469 ft
Australia

noipego Posted at 2017-8-23 01:54
i've done some side by side comparison with .800 firmware since yesterday... tested ISO and sharpness performance mostly.. but i've seen no difference. dji dont want to share info about this probably because they have done nothing to improve image quality

No surprise... otherwise would have already told us.
2017-8-25
Use props
Smaxta
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9944 ft

I've done update yesterday over DJI Go 4 app, updated b4, with no any issues.

But when I go in the air, in a few minutes of Mavic flight, it lost GPS (noticed from the logs later). With some light wind over the scene, it start drift sporadicaly, but with high velocity. Just with a pure luck, I avoid 3 crashes. Within very nervous half'a'minute, I've tried to stabilaze my Mavic with pure hand control. And suddenly GPS was restored and I've managed to land it.

DJI, I have no idea what you improve, but sudden and sporadical lost of GPS signal midflight are very dangerous, especially as it absolutely unexpected, when you're flighing over with non restricted sky over.
2017-8-25
Use props
Bill in Ohio
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Your welcome.  Please let me know if that also worked for you.
2017-8-25
Use props
Bill in Ohio
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

alex_markov Posted at 2017-8-23 12:11
https://youtu.be/1obHTNMdy1Q

Not happy for now with this update  choppy movement of Mavic, loss of focus during filming (for a first time  )

I updated and have flown 5 times videotaping and taking photos without any such issue.  Just got a new android update to my Samsung S7 last night, so hopefully they won't screw something up.  
2017-8-25
Use props
Bill in Ohio
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

smexer Posted at 2017-8-23 13:09
Guys maybe someone can help me. I updated the mavic with the Android App, at 94% the Update stopped becaus of the "battery is under 50%" message, so I canceled the update. Since that moment my rc is bricked, it doesnt show anythin on the rc display, only the power button is flashing white...also the sound so turn it on, the battery percentage etc. is gone...

I tried to update manually with the DJI Asisstant programm on my pc, but the update fails everytime...also the factory reset for the rc fails...

Try charging you battery up all the way and use dji go4 again.  Also have you updated dji asst toi dji asst 2?

This update seemed to take longer than any other with long delays between achieving differing % done.  I almost gave up when it hit 99% and just stayed their, then it said it was completed.  I have never seen the batteries do such a long update.  Each new battery will have to go through update.  A message came up and you click yes and it will do it, but it will take several minutes (you will only be able to see the middle two power lights on the battery while it update).
2017-8-25
Use props
castormalin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 638911 ft
France

Hi DJI,
can you tell us why some have to update the batteries, and some not ?
I have my Mavic for 7 months, made all updates each time and never had any prompt to update the batteries over the last 7 months.
2017-8-25
Use props
Alan M
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1581581 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

castormalin Posted at 2017-8-25 08:26
Hi DJI,
can you tell us why some have to update the batteries, and some not ?
I have my Mavic for 7 months, made all updates each time and never had any prompt to update the batteries over the last 7 months.

Castormalin

I don't think you get a prompt to update it'll update the battery that is in the Mavic but if you have another battery you need to power down the Mavic replace the battery and go to the download again. It will update only the battery and not the Mavic for the other batteries.

Alan
2017-8-25
Use props
jreynolds5
lvl.3
Flight distance : 535341 ft
United States

I got a mismatched firmware when I changed the battery I got a mismatched firmware error in the app and it took a couple minutes to update, I assume the battery
2017-8-25
Use props
rikpugh
lvl.1
Flight distance : 489580 ft
United Kingdom

Latest firmware caused me to lose image during flight, was videoing at the time right above me.
Happened 3 times !

Come on DJI, give us updates that work please !
2017-8-25
Use props
WolfgangStiller
lvl.4
Flight distance : 599416 ft
United States

Update to .1000 went well. I updated everything including the goggles.
2017-8-25
Use props
WolfgangStiller
lvl.4
Flight distance : 599416 ft
United States

WolfgangStiller Posted at 2017-8-25 11:57
Update to .1000 went well. I updated everything including the goggles.

Forgot to mention, update was done via DJI Go4 and home Wifi. Took about 20 minutes to complete but this included the goggles. (I always update to the latest firmware this way).
2017-8-25
Use props
deejay87
lvl.2
Flight distance : 49072 ft
France

Hi
I use the 4.1.5 with my Mavic Pro and Ipad mini 4 and have no problem, i just buy it recently and don't have fly a lot, does the 4.1.7 have somes problems ? i don't know if i have to update or not
2017-8-25
Use props
fans6e6410f8
New
Flight distance : 545922 ft
Germany

Updated the Firmware.  Updated all my Batteries. Did some flights.  Everthying normal.

Went home, bought litchi.  Powerd on  mavic ( no flight ). Connected controller with iphone6. Played a little bit with Litchis features. Noticed Mavic disconnected from Litchi.   Mavic was hot as hell.  i noticed the FAN was not turning.

So this was the first time i had problem with the FAN.  Now i am trying to figure out what happend...

2017-8-25
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

Bomberuk1 Posted at 2017-8-22 08:12
cant edit or delete my post, WHY ?

You can't edit because you don't have enough point under your account! You still a beginner. Post more!
2017-8-25
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

medicrx Posted at 2017-8-22 05:42
Can I just update the DJI GO app without updating the firmware?  I'm hoping the app update will fix the map & ipad mini 4 problem but I am hesitant to update the firmware until it is tried and true.
Or, is it an all or nothing update?  (App AND firmware)

You can update the app thru your phone/tablet and then wheN you log in to the app DO NOT UPDATE FIRMWARE, but you have to say DON'T UPGRADE every time you launch the APP.

2017-8-25
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

ro_flyer Posted at 2017-8-22 11:34
Because you can't edit after people have answered ... malicious people could take advantage of that

Don't give wrong answers!

You can't edit because you don't have enough points under your account!

2017-8-25
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

StanfordWebbie Posted at 2017-8-23 08:40
I just tried to update my Mavic firmware over wifi. I got a message saying it was downloaded 100%, then nothing more. What is the next step? Also, your instructions say to use DJI Go. I have both DJI Go and Go4. For my Mavic, which app to use?

You need to use DJI GO 4.. ONLY!
2017-8-25
Use props
ro_flyer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

dronist Posted at 2017-8-25 16:01
Don't give wrong answers!

You can't edit because you don't have enough points under your account!

.... seems like you stay all day hunting for forum points... go get an employment... it's more rewarding....
2017-8-25
Use props
Tombolian
lvl.4
Flight distance : 675958 ft
United States

Actually, Dronist is right and some people appreciate correcting misinformation quickly.  I get 2 points for this, right?
2017-8-25
Use props
Tombolian
lvl.4
Flight distance : 675958 ft
United States

Ok, successfully updated the MP via Assistant 2, but for some reason, my PC wouldn't recognize the remote controller?!?!  Strange as I've used my PC exclusively for updates since the early days.  No biggie, I finished upgrading the remote via dji go 4, then the batteries after that in the same... Voila.  Updated.  Must go fly, the golden hour is upon me.
2017-8-25
Use props
ztwoem
Banned

China

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-8-25
Use props
brettkp01
lvl.3
Flight distance : 557621 ft
Australia

I've successfully updated mine through DJI Assistant 2 (Win 10) with no issues. I've done a couple of short flights and not seen any issues. One improvement I've noticed is that the photo settings no longer seem to reset to 16:9 JPGs after using an Intelligent Flight Mode. It seems to stick with my original settings (4:3 RAW) which is a huge plus for me!

I've also plugged in my two spare batteries and they needed an update, although DJI Assistant 2 wasn't clear that's what the firmware was that needed updating.
2017-8-25
Use props
castormalin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 638911 ft
France

Alan M Posted at 2017-8-25 08:35
Castormalin

I don't think you get a prompt to update it'll update the battery that is in the Mavic but if you have another battery you need to power down the Mavic replace the battery and go to the download again. It will update only the battery and not the Mavic for the other batteries.

Hi Alan,
Of course I was speaking about the additionnal batteries, not about the one that was used for the main upgrade of the drone
2017-8-26
Use props
fansf1e63e64
lvl.1
Italy

Hi.. With 1.03.1000 Improved image quality?
2017-8-26
Use props
fansf1e63e64
lvl.1
Italy

Asainz320 Posted at 2017-8-22 05:08
A few unedited shots. Looks good to me.

these photo after firmware 1.03.1000??
2017-8-26
Use props
Bomberuk1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16759 ft
United Kingdom

dronist Posted at 2017-8-25 15:58
You can't edit because you don't have enough point under your account! You still a beginner. Post more!

ok no worries only jump on here now and then to be nosy, got my last account banned for giving you guys to many secrets ;)
2017-8-26
Use props
d.a.v.i.d
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3301621 ft
  • >>>
Slovakia

Hi All,

I have installed also new firmware and during 2nd flight I nearly crashed/lost my mavic. First flight with new FW was about 4 minutes all ok. Second was around 2 minutes and after that around 300 - 400 meters far from me I get Aircraft disconnected and I was unable to reconnect it anyway. I thought it crashed somewhere so started to run that direction and during run noticed that LCD display of remote controller still showing rpms of propellers so tried to go up and down with my mavic it was reacting and I hear it so by my eye tried to turn it my direction and go as close to me as possible when I was really close I started descending but mavic stopped descending about 2 meters above ground and when I relased left joystick it immediately started ascending. So I again put left joystick full down id descended to aroun 2m above groud again but I was not able to catch it so I jumped and by force pulled it down, fortunately I was not hurt and mavic is intact. But I'm now very scary to use it again as I was flying a lot and never experienced something like this in past so I'm pretty confident there is some bug in new FW or FW + DJI GO4 app. I already opened case with DJI to check my flight data so far only initial info was sent to them. But I'm little bit afraid if they will be able find something as even with DJI Assistant 2 I'm unable to enter flightdata mode at all, it will simply do not show that USB drive as before with FW 900. Also upload of data from dji assistant is not possible as I'm getting "no flight data".

DJI please work on this as it seems that new FW is even dangerous to use! Till all issues in new FW will be resolved please put old firmware 900 back I never had problem with that FW before.

Thank you.

David
2017-8-26
Use props
Asainz320
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1061594 ft
  • >>>
United States

fansf1e63e64 Posted at 2017-8-26 03:17
these photo after firmware 1.03.1000??

Yes, after the update.
2017-8-26
Use props
djiuser_Rm3iI38
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2103150 ft
United States

Someone else mentioned that there is no "Done" button on their iOS device's keyboard. I have a new 10.5" iPad Pro, and have the same issue when trying to change some settings (altitude and distance limit, for example). There's also no way to hide the keyboard, so you can't navigate around the screen. This is with the latest DJI Go 4 app.
2017-8-26
Use props
Fingers
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1365676 ft
United Kingdom

Update seems fine apart from I can no longer access Flight Data via DJI Assistant 2.  I've done a couple of refreshes, but still isn't working.  Has anyone else  experienced this?
2017-8-26
Use props
Mojito
lvl.2
United States

Have a question My iphanoe app software is 4.1.3  and my Ipad app software is  4.0.8 the diffrence in them is some obtions missing from each other but the video feed back from drone sticks more on my Ipad 4.0.8 than my Iphone 4.1.3 .
Aicraft Version: 01.03.0700
Remote Version: 01.03.700
Flight data Version: 00.00.01.04
App Data version : 01.00.01.04
I see nowhere where i can find out what the battery Version is? Does the battery version update automatically when you connect it to the drone.  Can I update my DJI4.0 App y itseft?
Thank you
2017-8-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules