New Firmware Update this Week
2506 14 2017-8-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ATJ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17736 ft
United States

According to the 4.1.7 App update there will be a Firmware Update this week. The battery will also be updated.

According to the notice You will need a PC to do the update.
2017-8-22
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Is that the firmware update for the DJI Spark ? There is a notification for that pops up when running DJI Go 4 V 4.1.7.
2017-8-22
Use props
Wpgubaru
lvl.3
Flight distance : 254646 ft
Canada

I'll wait and see how this "firmware" goes. As for now. I'm happy with the last stable update.
2017-8-22
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

I believe  this is for only Spark too.
2017-8-22
Use props
Wpgubaru
lvl.3
Flight distance : 254646 ft
Canada

ALABAMA Posted at 2017-8-22 06:47
I believe  this is for only Spark too.

Oh, this should be moved then lol.
2017-8-22
Use props
HomePoint
lvl.4
Flight distance : 776007 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

We didn't really need a PC for Spark, I did it all wifi
2017-8-22
Use props
Spookymike
lvl.4
Germany

I´m still running DJI Go4 4.1.4 on Android and google play store says there is no update. But according to the Release Notes on the new Spark FW there should be a DJI GO 4 App Android: V 4.1.5.3?
Confusing. I hope the new Spark FW will do fine with the 4.1.4
2017-8-22
Use props
Normn8or
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1466611 ft
United States

I said this several months ago But assistant 2 is useless to me because i do not own a desk top I have a laptop (15" SCREEN) and and the system that i fly the bird with. The system/Device used to fly the bird (Mine Air Pad 2)  should be the only system (The System/Device you religiously use to fly the bird) to be used to update the RC and Bird because that is what i fly the bird with i don't fly it with my laptop nor a desktop. In app communication should be the only way to do updates to the bird and RC. What also should be clearer is what gets what update first, that is making sure the RC gets updated first before the bird or vise/versa (Which is where i think almost most if not all problems start).  A good Clean  and clear Update procedure needs to be implemented period.
2017-8-22
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

This was posted on dji's fb support page. It says Mavic but it refers to a p4 update: New Mavic Firmware Released (Vv01.03.1000) #Mavic #Firmware

What’s New?
• Fixed an occasional issue where DNG files couldn’t be opened.
• Fixed an occasional issue where the camera would restart automatically during recording.
• Fixed an occasional issue where the gimbal would drift after self-checking. • Limited the max descend speed to 2 m/s and max ascend speed to 3 m/s in Propeller Cage mode.
• Improved image quality.

This firmware is also an update for DJI Goggles:

• Added Head Tracking for Spark (with firmware v01.00.0600 or later), the Inspire 2 (with firmware v01.01.0200 or later) and the Phantom 4 (with aircraft firmware v2.0.0.16 or later and remote controller firmware 1.9.3).
• Added remote controller signal strength icon. • Optimized audio quality.

Notes:
• Restart the aircraft and remote controller after the upgrade is complete.
• Please note that firmware update may reset various Main Controller Settings, such as the RTH Altitude and Maximum Flight Distance, to factory defaults. Before the update, take note of your preferred DJI GO 4 settings, and readjust them after the update to suit your preference.
• If the firmware upgrade fails, restart aircraft, remote controller and DJI GO 4 or DJI Assistant 2, and retry.
2017-8-22
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Normn8or Posted at 2017-8-22 12:17
I said this several months ago But assistant 2 is useless to me because i do not own a desk top I have a laptop (15" SCREEN) and and the system that i fly the bird with. The system/Device used to fly the bird (Mine Air Pad 2)  should be the only system (The System/Device you religiously use to fly the bird) to be used to update the RC and Bird because that is what i fly the bird with i don't fly it with my laptop nor a desktop. In app communication should be the only way to do updates to the bird and RC. What also should be clearer is what gets what update first, that is making sure the RC gets updated first before the bird or vise/versa (Which is where i think almost most if not all problems start).  A good Clean  and clear Update procedure needs to be implemented period.

I have to disagree with you on a number of counts there. Firstly, for using Assistant 2 (Windows), all you require is a PC with internet connection and USB port. It doesn't matter whether it's a desktop or laptop. I use a laptop (with 13" screen) as my primary device at home, connected to a port replicator with larger screen and ethernet attached to that - but they could also be directly connected to my laptop. The replicator is to simplify plug/unplug of my laptop when I'm taking it with me.

Secondly, from my experience, it's safer to update the craft using a direct wired connection to the PC (assuming the PC, laptop, whatever, has an internet connection itself), as that takes any download latency caused by wireless connection out of the loop if updating via the GO app on the smartdevice.

Unless I misunderstood your terminology, of course.
2017-8-22
Use props
ATJ
lvl.4
United States

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-8-22 14:36
I have to disagree with you on a number of counts there. Firstly, for using Assistant 2 (Windows), all you require is a PC with internet connection and USB port. It doesn't matter whether it's a desktop or laptop. I use a laptop (with 13" screen) as my primary device at home, connected to a port replicator with larger screen and ethernet attached to that - but they could also be directly connected to my laptop. The replicator is to simplify plug/unplug of my laptop when I'm taking it with me.

Secondly, from my experience, it's safer to update the craft using a direct wired connection to the PC (assuming the PC, laptop, whatever, has an internet connection itself), as that takes any download latency caused by wireless connection out of the loop if updating via the GO app on the smartdevice.

I GOOFED THIS IS FOR THE SPSRK-One day I will learn to read.
2017-8-23
Use props
ATJ
lvl.4
United States

I GOOFED THIS IS FOR THE SPARK-One day I will learn to read.
2017-8-23
Use props
fansace7f333
New
Ukraine

I've updated and now i have a lot of problems with my rc ((( now i even do not see my firmware version
2017-8-24
Use props
FetalDump
New
Ukraine

You are right - usb cable is more stable solution!
2017-8-24
Use props
Flytcam_Shaun
lvl.2
United States

I am leaving mine alone everything works solid.
2017-8-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules