2418 14 2017-8-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dims85
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6260 ft
United Kingdom

Hello,

Has anybody received communication from DJI about this firmware upgrade to be done "by 1st September" otherwise the drone will be grounded? I did not received anything and if I would have not read this BBC news I would be completely unaware of it. See original news from BBC at bbc article

Any explanation DJI?

2017-8-22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I did read a post here from a user about it
2017-8-22
Use props
STech - Hathder
lvl.4
Flight distance : 459094 ft
Brazil

If you update DJI Go software, there will be a communication on APP.

I think DJI fix a very dengerous bug on spark ( fall of sky?) and want to make sure everyone will update.

After 1st september, Spark will just take off if software are updated.

2017-8-22
Use props
fans5d9349b7
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI announced this yesterday.. on this very forum. http://forum.dji.com/thread-109740-1-1.html
2017-8-22
Use props
dims85
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Well understood they announced on their forum and app but I dont fly every day and I definitely dont check their forum every day. It could have been highly likely that I would have not opened the app/nor forum before 1st of September if I would have not seen the BBC article. They should have sent emails out to all SPRAK owners at least!
2017-8-22
Use props
fans5d9349b7
lvl.2
United Kingdom

dims85 Posted at 2017-8-22 05:21
Well understood they announced on their forum and app but I dont fly every day and I definitely dont check their forum every day. It could have been highly likely that I would have not opened the app/nor forum before 1st of September if I would have not seen the BBC article. They should have sent emails out to all SPRAK owners at least!

Why? You would have just received a message to update after the 1st of September and updated as normal. In the DJI Go app.
2017-8-22
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

You start spark and phone: Voila, the info shows up!
And in case you are not flighing for a month:
Update the devices and : Voila, take off and fly the drone!
2017-8-22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Same thoughts here. The app will tell you to.
2017-8-22
Use props
dims85
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Ah, I see...I thought I wouldnt be able to upgrade after 1st of September. My apologies then, misunderstood. Thanks for the clarification.
2017-8-22
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

It is as you said a must to update if you haven't by 1/09 then your aircraft will not take off without updating battery and AC firmware. As to why they are taking us down this road well the answers are very sketchy...
2017-8-22
Use props
Matioupi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 922569 ft
France

I bought mine on DJI store and did not received the info by that channel. I think it could be a good idea to do so...
2017-8-22
Use props
Fractures
lvl.3
Flight distance : 635531 ft
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-8-22 07:25
It is as you said a must to update if you haven't by 1/09 then your aircraft will not take off without updating battery and AC firmware. As to why they are taking us down this road well the answers are very sketchy...

I would agree, this is pretty much unheard of in "DJI History" is it not? It seems these mandatory updates are becoming more frequent and more mandatory.

"The new firmware update enhances Spark’s battery management system to optimize power supply during flight . In addition, the new firmware has added support to fully integrate Spark with the DJI Goggles, optimized the PalmLaunch function for better stability after takeoff, improved the accuracy of controls under the QuickShot Dronie mode and enhanced the compatibility of the remote controller when syncing up with new firmware updates. "

Ive got a few weeks before I can order my spark but hopefully when I get it everything is ironed out!

2017-8-22
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Fractures Posted at 2017-8-22 07:36
I would agree, this is pretty much unheard of in "DJI History" is it not? It seems these mandatory updates are becoming more frequent and more mandatory. It would be nice to have some communication on why this update is mandatory as Im sure there is a good reason.

Ive got a few weeks before I can order my spark but hopefully when I get it everything is ironed out!

It is strange, but I actually think this has something to do with a defect that may cause AC to fall out of sky. Although they will never admit to it.
New firmware for Mavic  was introduced today but that firmware is not compulsory . It's all a bit strange.
2017-8-22
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

"New firmware for Mavic  was introduced today but that firmware is not compulsory . It's all a bit strange."

Mavic isnt a "real" wifi only drone!
2017-8-22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Only time will tell (and the number of upgraded Sparks that fall out of the sky)
2017-8-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules