Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Spark IMU Calibration failed, need help
27981 36 2017-8-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Air_Owen 10
lvl.2
United States

system overal status keep reminding me that i need my IMU calibration , and accelerometer failed also sensor bias too large. havent crashed, just want to update this morning. When i try to calibrate IMU, An error message came : IMU 1: Calibration failed, automatic orientation error ( error code -50)

Dont know what to do, need help , thank!
1.jpg
2.jpg
2017-8-22
Use props
STech - Hathder
lvl.4
Flight distance : 459094 ft
Brazil

Please try to follow exactly what this videos shows, right steps to IMU Calibration:

I hope this help you and you problem are not hardware related.
2017-8-22
Use props
Air_Owen 10
lvl.2
United States

STech - Hathder Posted at 2017-8-22 09:05
Please try to follow exactly what this videos shows, right steps to IMU Calibration:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYCK6HXwLTs

thanks a lot! i did it, but it failed in step 1, like the error message screenshot i had in this post. dont know why, thanks
2017-8-22
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi Owen, if the error code is -50, please send the drone back for repair and we will help to do an overall check for the drone. Please fill in some info on our online repair link of our official web and then send it back. Here is the link: https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area
We will do our best to help this out. Thank you.
2017-8-24
Use props
fansa7dc5944
lvl.4
Flight distance : 50988 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Another new firmware related.
2017-8-24
Use props
QuanthonyTrang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 419980 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Air_Owen 10 Posted at 2017-8-22 09:06
thanks a lot! i did it, but it failed in step 1, like the error message screenshot i had in this post. dont know why, thanks

PM me before sending it back.
This has happened to me and i have resolved it.
2017-8-24
Use props
JoeCec
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3491430 ft
  • >>>
United States

https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=kfxtxKd69f4
2017-8-28
Use props
joeboomer
lvl.1
United States

QuanthonyTrang Posted at 2017-8-24 17:54

I have the same IMU issue.  Step 1 fails.  Says something like "IMU 1: Calibration Failed.  Sample Timeout.  (Error Code -27)  IMU 2: Calibrated".  I only flew the drone once, updated the firmware and now it's a brick.  Planning on sending it back, unless you have any suggestions.

Thank you
2017-8-28
Use props
LeeWireless
lvl.4
United States

What was your resolution?
2017-8-28
Use props
QuanthonyTrang
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

LeeWireless Posted at 2017-8-28 17:11
What was your resolution?

I have had the same issues. I was re-calibrating mine to the correct climate to prevent long IMU warm up times. Doesn't matter how many times i tried via the GO app, the craft would never calibrate. I cooled the craft, made sure the surface is leveled etc (been doing this for years) and it still failed.

The fix:
The DJI assistant 2 has 'advance' menus. One of them is the IMU advanced calibration.
The difference with this method of calibration is that it doesn't display the orientation of the craft that you need to rotate on each axis. The IMU calibration would calibrate to 94% and stop. You then guess the orientation and wait for the green 'ok' flashes. Each rotation is 1%. Once your hit 100%, the calibration is complete.

I didn't want to mention it here because DJI will frown on it.
2017-8-28
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

joeboomer Posted at 2017-8-28 16:28
I have the same IMU issue.  Step 1 fails.  Says something like "IMU 1: Calibration Failed.  Sample Timeout.  (Error Code -27)  IMU 2: Calibrated".  I only flew the drone once, updated the firmware and now it's a brick.  Planning on sending it back, unless you have any suggestions.

Thank you

Did your drone have a crash before? Please change a place and calibrate again. If it fails again, I would recommend you contact the support for help. Thanks.  
2017-8-28
Use props
QuanthonyTrang
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-8-28 19:04
Did your drone have a crash before? Please change a place and calibrate again. If it fails again, I would recommend you contact the support for help. Thanks.

I think you are confusing yourself with the compass calibration. Changing place does not affect the IMU. IMU just needs a stable leveled surface and the aircraft/drone isn't hot.
2017-8-28
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
China

QuanthonyTrang Posted at 2017-8-28 22:36
I think you are confusing yourself with the compass calibration. Changing place does not affect the IMU. IMU just needs a stable leveled surface and the aircraft/drone isn't hot.

Sorry for the misunderstanding. For better calibrate IMU, I would recommend you put in a flat and let the drone cool down before second calibration.
2017-8-28
Use props
joeboomer
lvl.1
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-8-28 23:08
Sorry for the misunderstanding. For better calibrate IMU, I would recommend you put in a flat and let the drone cool down before second calibration.

I let it sit for a day and tried it again with the same result.  I sent it back to DJI yesterday.  I'll let you know what happens.
2017-8-30
Use props
fans66ab0edb
lvl.1
Flight distance : 16562 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

open the spark and remove the gimbal, an im in a base that holds the gimbal, hit with a search with rubber cable on top of the IMU, it has locked the accelerometer so do not calibrate, beating 3 or 4 times you will be able to unlock the accelerometer! E-mail to contact xcopterbrasil@gmail.com
2018-1-24
Use props
FelBRax
lvl.2
Flight distance : 132717 ft
Brazil

QuanthonyTrang Posted at 2017-8-28 18:31
I have had the same issues. I was re-calibrating mine to the correct climate to prevent long IMU warm up times. Doesn't matter how many times i tried via the GO app, the craft would never calibrate. I cooled the craft, made sure the surface is leveled etc (been doing this for years) and it still failed.

The fix:

YOU ARE MY HERO, LOL

Thank you, Thank you!!!
You saved my spark from this "IMU Calibration Failed" - Endeless Loop

Can't tell all the details on the forum but this advanced IMU calibration worked!

Anyway ... it was kinda hard to calibrate the "Front pointed UP" position, with the USB attached to the drone, but after making the advanced calibration I tried calibrating again, this time in the app and worked like a charm.
It looked like some sort of internal drone software error, because all IMU data was displaying correctly in the Attitude Indicator, but when I was trying to calibrate, at the end of the calibration steps it was not "saving the data" (maybe, idk)

By the way ... this is the attitude indicator:
hud.PNG

Thank you again QuanthonyTrang
2018-1-30
Use props
Raptor_15
lvl.1
Sri Lanka

The fix:

Please can you explain how to fix this with the DJI assistant 2. I am unable to find the advanced IMU function
2018-2-14
Use props
Raptor_15
lvl.1
Sri Lanka

FelBRax Posted at 2018-1-30 20:08
YOU ARE MY HERO, LOL

Thank you, Thank you!!!

Please tell me how you did it? sabry@platinumautospa.lk
2018-2-14
Use props
Sparky_17
lvl.4
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

Had issues with calibration once, in July 2017.  Moved to a new location and tried again and I worked.  I assumed the first surface wasn't 100% level.  Haven't had any issues since then.  Good to know about the Advance IMU calibration within DJI Assistance app.
2018-2-14
Use props
Raptor_15
lvl.1
Sri Lanka

Sparky_17 Posted at 2018-2-14 05:38
Had issues with calibration once, in July 2017.  Moved to a new location and tried again and I worked.  I assumed the first surface wasn't 100% level.  Haven't had any issues since then.  Good to know about the Advance IMU calibration within DJI Assistance app.

I have tried several locations with no luck. I use a level gauge to make sure the surface is flat to. I am unable to locate the advanced IMU calibration in the DJI assistant 2 software
2018-2-16
Use props
Sparky_17
lvl.4
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

Raptor_15 Posted at 2018-2-16 19:49
I have tried several locations with no luck. I use a level gauge to make sure the surface is flat to. I am unable to locate the advanced IMU calibration in the DJI assistant 2 software

Have you tried to calibrate the IMU and Compass without the DJI Assistance software.  I gave up on the software a day after I got my spark.  Everything I do, I do it through the Go4 app and have not had any issues since.
2018-2-19
Use props
fans11dd4c67
New
Canada

Sparky_17 Posted at 2018-2-19 05:05
Have you tried to calibrate the IMU and Compass without the DJI Assistance software.  I gave up on the software a day after I got my spark.  Everything I do, I do it through the Go4 app and have not had any issues since.

My Fitbit Ionic interfered with IMU calibration. Could not get past “Start” ! Shut off Bluetooth on iPhone and put Ionic in another room. Calibration a breeze after that.
2018-3-13
Use props
fansaf141652
New

United States

joeboomer Posted at 2017-8-30 13:43
I let it sit for a day and tried it again with the same result.  I sent it back to DJI yesterday.  I'll let you know what happens.

I need some help with my spark. I have take my spark out to fly after several day .  I kept getting imu error 50. I am not able to resolve the issue.  
2018-5-12
Use props
3D Drones
lvl.3
Flight distance : 358917 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

The fix:

Hello, I am using 3 different versions of the assistant and I still can not find the advanced option that you say.
Could you tell me where this or what is the specific version?
Thank you!
2019-1-18
Use props
gmozo
lvl.4
United States

i understand the situation that you are having, i suggest that you have to get it fix or look upon youtube trust me i had this problem before.
2019-1-19
Use props
Tyredecals.com
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

3D Drones Posted at 1-18 05:00
Hello, I am using 3 different versions of the assistant and I still can not find the advanced option that you say.
Could you tell me where this or what is the specific version?
Thank you!

Try this version
https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... EV/view?usp=sharing
And then you need to enable debug menu (lookup on youtube).
This will then give you access to advance menus.
2019-1-20
Use props
zeshokowhite
New
Flight distance : 26585 ft
France

i'm having the same issue.

did not find the advanced settings in the program

i've send a report, nothing in return from DJI, my drone is now just a niece piece of technology on my desk, unable to get through the IMU calibration
2019-5-11
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
lvl.4

Hungary

zeshokowhite Posted at 5-11 05:08
i'm having the same issue.

did not find the advanced settings in the program

2019-5-17
Use props
Mel_du_Cluzeau
New

Mozambique

FelBRax Posted at 2018-1-30 20:08
YOU ARE MY HERO, LOL

Thank you, Thank you!!!

Hi, which version of Assistant 2 did you use? Because the one I downloaded from the DJI website doesn't offer the option for 'calibration' when it recognizes my Spark? (though it does for other products like the Mavic Pro) Thanks in advance !
2019-7-31
Use props
xoxo35
New
Flight distance : 158310 ft

START CALIBRATION IN HORIZONTAL LOCATION NOT FLAT IF THE TEMPERATURE FAILS, GET STARTED AFTER 10 MINUTES IN THE REFRIGERATOR
2019-9-23
Use props
Igor14
New

Serbia

As @xoxo35 said, you just need to set drone on its side when start IMU calibration, and wait for next step. So don't follow instruction to put drone flat on its legs, insetad put it on a side. That solved my problem with IMU Calibration error 50.
2019-10-18
Use props
djiuser_XHP9mbDEemfF
New

United States

I found that this solves the error. I actually had to activate the debug mode on the pc application. It baffles me how engineers at dji didn't figure this out. Incredible.
2019-11-10
Use props
go girl
New

New Zealand

xoxo35 Posted at 2019-9-23 06:47
START CALIBRATION IN HORIZONTAL LOCATION NOT FLAT IF THE TEMPERATURE FAILS, GET STARTED AFTER 10 MINUTES IN THE REFRIGERATOR

Great suggestion, this work for me.  thanks lots
2020-1-27
Use props
djiuser_gl305QCqx4O4
New

United States

Hey. I'm having this same problem, may you please help me as well?
2020-3-25
Use props
djiuser_gl305QCqx4O4
New

United States

go girl Posted at 1-27 23:41
Great suggestion, this work for me.  thanks lots

May you please help me?
2020-3-25
Use props
djiuser_gl305QCqx4O4
New

United States

The fix:

One question. How could you turn it downwards if the USB cable is plugged in?
2020-3-25
Use props
djiuser_gl305QCqx4O4
New

United States

xoxo35 Posted at 2019-9-23 06:47

If I may, what might you mean exactly by a horizontal location?
2020-3-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules