Spark-How much brain sits in the batterie and how much in the drone?
956 6 2017-8-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ammpexx
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1879495 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Hi everyone,

can anyone tell me, how much "brain" of the drone is located in the actual aircraft and how much is in the batterie?

I experience some very strange behaviour (very bad wifi-connection, not really working smart shots, ...) with one particular batterie. Is this possible and, thus, most likely to be solved by returning the batterie and getting a new one?

All batteries have the same firmware, of course.

2017-8-22
Use props
Sparky_17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

That is odd behavior.  Most of the 'brain' is in the drones operating system.  The batteries typically contain battery management intelligence, such as hybernation definitions, battery charging management and battery performance.  Might need to contact DJI Support to get them to analize that particular battery
2017-8-22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Wow, this sure gets you thinking.
Is it consistent?
Every flight with that battery?
2017-8-22
Use props
Ammpexx
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

Montfrooij Posted at 2017-8-22 11:47
Wow, this sure gets you thinking.
Is it consistent?
Every flight with that battery?

still checking this. Up to now it was more a feeling. I now marked the battery and more tests will follow this week. Keep you posted!
2017-8-22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I do a lot of software testing myself and I sometimes do get fooled myself thinking I'm on the right track, where another factor is the actual cause.
Not saying you are wrong, since you might be onto some simple cause indeed.
A faulty battery might cause the spark to behave strange with changing voltages or something.
2017-8-22
Use props
Ammpexx
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

Okay guys. Used the rest of the week to check my theory and could NOT prove it. It's just that sometimes the WIFI-connection is really bad, despite going for 2.4GHz and selecting a channel with low noise... Maybe I'll figure out, what the reason might be, but it's not the battery, after all
2017-8-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

I would recommend you to refresh the firmware and change another location without interference to test. Take care.
2017-8-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules