2038 28 2017-8-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CyFA
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1372369 ft
  • >>>
Cyprus

Had a huge problem lately with the camera and could not be fixed / corrected, so i used the online support chat and concluded in 5 minutes that i should send it in.
Opened a case, added video, photos and invoice, wrote about the problem and sent it over from Cyprus.
This was on the 9th of August that i opened case and the next day (10th) i sent it.
Today after 12 days (that included 2 weekends) i have received it with a replaced gimbal camera set.
Need to test it though he he he

Complaining is ok but ... every now and then a THANK YOU to all those persons working to repair our drones and we never get to see, is good and welcome!
So ... Thank you DJI and all employees ... admins or whoever can, please pass it on to them!

Case timeline

Case timeline
2017-8-22
Use props
BrianKushner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41420253 ft
  • >>>
United States

Are you sure it's the same one you sent in and not a refurb?
2017-8-22
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Good job CyFA....
2017-8-22
Use props
CyFA
lvl.3
  • >>>
Cyprus

BrianKushner Posted at 2017-8-22 16:19
Are you sure it's the same one you sent in and not a refurb?

To be honest the first thing to do was reading the serial number and then checked the name. ;)
2017-8-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

We are glad to know everything turns out to be great, will keep improving our customer service.
Please keep us updated if you have any further problem.
Appreciate your support to DJI.
2017-8-22
Use props
BrianKushner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41420253 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-22 20:13
We are glad to know everything turns out to be great, will keep improving our customer service.

I sent a 6 week old bird in for stress cracks and got a REFURB!
2017-8-22
Use props
Kuya Kano
lvl.4
Flight distance : 797913 ft
United States

DJI seems to be going through a growth spurt, business wise.  I can only imagine what it is like for them to be excited to see a flood of drone purchases, only to be countered an equal rise in product support and repair requests.  I'm sure they are working hard with the staff they have to try to meet the increasing needs of massing new drone pilots.  
2017-8-22
Use props
Antonio76
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

BrianKushner Posted at 2017-8-22 21:26

maybe it depends on the service available in the US... Cyprus is in Europe :-)
2017-8-22
Use props
Nigel_
lvl.4
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

Antonio76 Posted at 2017-8-22 23:46
maybe it depends on the service available in the US... Cyprus is in Europe :-)

Almost all the complaints about service are from the American continent, very rare for people to complain about service elsewhere.
2017-8-23
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Nigel_ Posted at 2017-8-23 00:49
Almost all the complaints about service are from the American continent, very rare for people to complain about service elsewhere.

Ha...maybe it's because more are sold here than all other countries combined!  Ever thought about that ?
2017-8-23
Use props
Antonio76
lvl.4
Denmark

ALABAMA Posted at 2017-8-23 03:16
Ha...maybe it's because more are sold here than all other countries combined!  Ever thought about that ?

or maybe because the american buyers don't receive the manuals in the package...
2017-8-23
Use props
Nigel_
lvl.4
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

ALABAMA Posted at 2017-8-23 03:16

No, I didn't think about that ... Is it true?
USA and Canada certainly have big sales, but even together they are a small proportion of the world.  
The warrantee system in USA probably increases the number of problems compared to Europe.

But the number of sales shouldn't affect the service quality, in fact more sales in a region should mean the service is more efficient since the service centres will be bigger.   And the problems we see from the USA service centres, diagnosing the wrong drone seems a common one, are ones we just don't see from service centres elsewhere in the world.

2017-8-23
Use props
CyFA
lvl.3
  • >>>
Cyprus

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-22 20:13

You are welcome and will do so!
2017-8-23
Use props
st pauli
lvl.4

United States

BrianKushner Posted at 2017-8-22 21:26

Same here... with explicit instruction to replace the frame only. Got an invoice stating middle frame replaced, then another with shipping confirmation earlier with a different serial # listed, ugh.
2017-8-23
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Antonio76 Posted at 2017-8-23 04:26
or maybe because the american buyers don't receive the manuals in the package...

A smart drone pilot would have prepared well ahead of taking drone ownership. Like they should have been reading the PDF manuals profusely and familiarizing him-herself with all drone parameters and camera controls.  When I got my first ing cling of actually ordering my Phantom 3 Pro, I spent many enjoyable hours either browsing my PDF manuals (RTFM) or enjoying the hundreds (if thousands) of YouTube instructional and preparedness vids, to have a hand up on the drones capabilities, controls and inabilities.

Started my first few flights in Beginner mode and went from there.

Yes it's true that the hard working DJI staff and reps here, aren't always given the credit and thanks they are due... ;-)

I personally felt from early on, if a replacement drone was being sent out, in leu of repairing the actual model sent in, a notation should be made to the unwary customer. That just seems like it should be normal and honest business practice.

RedHotPoker

2017-8-23
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Did you check the product serial number and make a written note of it, before sending your much beloved drone in, to the repair centre?

Does the drone that you received back match your high expectations of if being the original of yours...?

RedHotPoker

2017-8-23
Use props
Antonio76
lvl.4
Denmark

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-8-23 12:12
A smart drone pilot would have prepared well ahead of taking drone ownership. Like they should have been reading the PDF manuals profusely and familiarizing him-herself with all drone parameters and camera controls.  When I got my first ing cling of actually ordering my Phantom 3 Pro, I spent many enjoyable hours either browsing my PDF manuals (RTFM) or enjoying the hundreds (if thousands) of YouTube instructional and preparedness vids, to have a hand up on the drones capabilities, controls and inabilities.

Started my first few flights in Beginner mode and went from there.

This is what I also did. for 6 months I studied the manuals, researched the local rules, became familiar to flight with a small inexpensive drone,  etc. etc...
2017-8-24
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Antonio76 Posted at 2017-8-24 01:10
This is what I also did. for 6 months I studied the manuals, researched the local rules, became familiar to flight with a small inexpensive drone,  etc. etc...

I also wondered about other drones, we had purchased before the Phantom?  What were yours?

Yeah, after all the RTFM, and exceptional videos, we were like old friends when I picked her up & brought her home. Everything seemed so natural, no awkwardness or confusion at all. Then flying, it was a calm breeze...

RedHotPoker
2017-8-24
Use props
Antonio76
lvl.4
Denmark

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-8-24 07:41
I also wondered about other drones, we had purchased before the Phantom?  What were yours?

Yeah, after all the RTFM, and exceptional videos, we were like old friends when I picked her up & brought her home. Everything seemed so natural, no awkwardness or confusion at all. Then flying, it was a calm breeze...

My first one was the Hubsan X4 PLUS - H107P -still flies...
The second was the P4P...
2017-8-24
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Good times...

Antonio76 Posted at 2017-8-24 11:09
My first one was the Hubsan X4 PLUS - H107P -still flies...
The second was the P4P...

Man are those Hubsans ever popular, for smaller craft. Many have them, and others recommend them...

Six months seems like a long time to develop preparedness for your Phantom.  Were you also. saving up money to make your purchase?

I tried to stick to drones which had plenty of spare parts avaiable locally.

On another note:
Still wondering what happened to the promised forum SIG ability?

RedHotPoker
Parrot AR Drone 2.0 Traxxas QR-1 RealFlight Drone 6.5
2017-8-24
Use props
Antonio76
lvl.4
Denmark

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-8-24 12:00
Man are those Hubsans ever popular, for smaller craft. Many have them, and others recommend them...

Six months seems like a long time to develop preparedness for your Phantom.  Were you also. saving up money to make your purchase?

A guy at the local model club I joined recommended it to me to get started, and I'm glad I followed the advice. I had plenty of time to play with it, while taking care of some health problems. It took time, but when I felt well enough I finally ordered the big one (money was not an issue). Still have health issues, but all that could be done has been done, so I don't complain and make the most I can. It certainly helps that my P4P is not plagued with all the problems others are reporting...
2017-8-25
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Antonio76 Posted at 2017-8-25 04:58
A guy at the local model club I joined recommended it to me to get started, and I'm glad I followed the advice. I had plenty of time to play with it, while taking care of some health problems. It took time, but when I felt well enough I finally ordered the big one (money was not an issue). Still have health issues, but all that could be done has been done, so I don't complain and make the most I can. It certainly helps that my P4P is not plagued with all the problems others are reporting...

Antonio, yes, your lengthy illness had somehow escaped my memory.  So I apologize for that, sorry bud.

Cudos for joining a local flying club.  That comraderie can make all the difference in enjoying the early times of RC piloting. Imagine the carnage, if we all had to fly larger drones right from the beginning.  One thing for sure, the smaller drones need to be consistently flown, where the Phantoms can be left hovering on its own...
First flight experiences should involve more than a DJI show and tell... But practice with smaller, insignificant drones, would be mandatory. Perhaps a few hours of an RC classroom course, should also be a priority, before we ever start the drone motors.

I hope that you are feeling much better today, and can enjoy your drone flights mostly without too much trouble or difficulty.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and experiences here, with us who care.

RedHotPoker
2017-8-25
Use props
CyFA
lvl.3
  • >>>
Cyprus

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-8-23 12:17
Did you check the product serial number and make a written note of it, before sending your much beloved drone in, to the repair centre?

Not sure if this is referring to me but yes i did both since it happened with a P3P when they replaced it. ;)
2017-8-25
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

CyFA Posted at 2017-8-25 23:00
Not sure if this is referring to me but yes i did both since it happened with a P3P when they replaced it. ;)

Was your original drone, the same model returned, that you had sent in for repairs?

If you get a refurbished unit, you would likely be a bit perturbed, and perhaps somewhat upset.
It wouldn't bother me so much, if I was at least, told of this switcheroo before hand.

RedHotPoker
2017-8-25
Use props
CyFA
lvl.3
  • >>>
Cyprus

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-8-25 23:08
Was your original drone, the same model returned, that you had sent in for repairs?

As mentioned, this was a P4P and yes i got the exact same one! They replaced the gimbal/camera and sent it back to me very quickly.
When i didnt get the same one, it was in an older case (more than a year ago) that was replaced but worked just fine! That was a P3P.
2017-8-25
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

CyFA Posted at 2017-8-25 23:19
As mentioned, this was a P4P and yes i got the exact same one! They replaced the gimbal/camera and sent it back to me very quickly.
When i didnt get the same one, it was in an older case (more than a year ago) that was replaced but worked just fine! That was a P3P.

I must have forgotten about your Phantom 3 Pro being switched out.  Thankfully your Phantom 4 Pro was the original model that was returned to you. I hope that my Phantom 3 Pro, never  lets me down, to the point of a necessary return for repair. So far, all has been great. Knock on Brazillian. Ha
Wishing you all the best luck, going forward, and safe flights, all along...

RedHotPoker

2017-8-26
Use props
Antonio76
lvl.4
Denmark

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-8-25 21:59
Antonio, yes, your lengthy illness had somehow escaped my memory.  So I apologize for that, sorry bud.

Cudos for joining a local flying club.  That comraderie can make all the difference in enjoying the early times of RC piloting. Imagine the carnage, if we all had to fly larger drones right from the beginning.  One thing for sure, the smaller drones need to be consistently flown, where the Phantoms can be left hovering on its own...

LOL, not a problem.  After all, I am a survivor of two nasty Cs, so the other problems are not that scary.  Limiting what I can do, yes, but I have come to terms with that, and life is good ! The guys at my local club are awsome, they also fly big aircraft models with jet engines, racing quads, helicopters etc. and there's a flight simulator for all kinds of aircrafts and UAVs, very "professional" and the head guy is also in the council of the National Club, of which I am also a member (and I get insurance  -required by law- included in the membership fee). I think a good simulator is a great help (it helped me understand that I definitely wouldn't be good at flying a racing drone... no way! -but here on my property I have flown in sport mode and done some speeding and  fast manoeuvers (at least for me )  All in all, I'm having a lot of *safe* fun
2017-8-26
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Antonio76 Posted at 2017-8-26 02:47
LOL, not a problem.  After all, I am a survivor of two nasty Cs, so the other problems are not that scary.  Limiting what I can do, yes, but I have come to terms with that, and life is good ! The guys at my local club are awsome, they also fly big aircraft models with jet engines, racing quads, helicopters etc. and there's a flight simulator for all kinds of aircrafts and UAVs, very "professional" and the head guy is also in the council of the National Club, of which I am also a member (and I get insurance  -required by law- included in the membership fee). I think a good simulator is a great help (it helped me understand that I definitely wouldn't be good at flying a racing drone... no way! -but here on my property I have flown in sport mode and done some speeding and  fast manoeuvers (at least for me )  All in all, I'm having a lot of *safe* fun

I completely understand, that you are a brave survivor. I myself have had 9 major surgeries. So I know what it's like to be layed up, and praying for another miracle.

The one area of racing drones that I don't fare well with, is wearing the goggles or a headset.
I prefer to have the ability to see in all directions, around my drone. Not just straight ahead.
It feels awkward for me. But with more practice, I would likely get used to it.

Us DJI Phantom drone pilots must be some of the luckiest folks. Even after all that we have been through, we still have our great sense of humor intact. That means a lot to me.
And our drones, all though jam packed with rich user friendly features, are relatively easy to control.
Blessings...

RedHotPoker
2017-8-26
Use props
CyFA
lvl.3
  • >>>
Cyprus

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-8-26 00:08
I must have forgotten about your Phantom 3 Pro being switched out.  Thankfully your Phantom 4 Pro was the original model that was returned to you. I hope that my Phantom 3 Pro, never  lets me down, to the point of a necessary return for repair. So far, all has been great. Knock on Brazillian. Ha
Wishing you all the best luck, going forward, and safe flights, all along...

All is good and thanks ;)
2017-8-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules