7540 51 2017-8-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Convert
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6129 ft
United Kingdom

ix3lplix Posted at 2017-8-25 05:52
To be honest I have not tried doing a palm landing  facing the other way, but it definitely does not do the same up-down scan (facial detection) it does when you do a palm launch right before a palm land. I highly doubt facial detection is involved at all.

Maybe one of the mods can chime in and explain how it works.

You may highly doubt it but having tried it I'm pretty sure you are wrong. Try it for yourself.
2017-8-25
Use props
Convert
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6129 ft
United Kingdom

lfkiter Posted at 2017-8-25 05:51
I tried to snatch my Spark out of the sky and flip upside down to land in gusty winds, and when I get my hand underneath it, it gains altitude automatically.  This is with the RC connected, and obstacle avoidance disabled.  Any ideas on what's going on? Anyone else experience this?

The spark by default wants to be 300mm above the ground apart from when it thinks its landing. Unless you put it in landing mode (left stick down or press the landing option on screen or its doing a RTH) you would have to be super fast in grabbing it to stop it thinking your hand was ground and going up to avoid it.
2017-8-25
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Convert Posted at 2017-8-25 05:56
You may highly doubt it but having tried it I'm pretty sure you are wrong. Try it for yourself.

This screams for a video
2017-8-25
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Convert Posted at 2017-8-25 06:03
The spark by default wants to be 300mm above the ground apart from when it thinks its landing. Unless you put it in landing mode (left stick down or press the landing option on screen or its doing a RTH) you would have to be super fast in grabbing it to stop it thinking your hand was ground and going up to avoid it.

Exactly what I was thinking!
2017-8-25
Use props
PascalG
lvl.3
Flight distance : 274327 ft
United States

lfkiter Posted at 2017-8-25 05:51
I tried to snatch my Spark out of the sky and flip upside down to land in gusty winds, and when I get my hand underneath it, it gains altitude automatically.  This is with the RC connected, and obstacle avoidance disabled.  Any ideas on what's going on? Anyone else experience this?

When doing a grab n flip I always hover the spark facing away from me so when I reach for it my hand doesn't affect any sensor
2017-8-25
Use props
PascalG
lvl.3
United States

ix3lplix Posted at 2017-8-25 05:52
To be honest I have not tried doing a palm landing  facing the other way, but it definitely does not do the same up-down scan (facial detection) it does when you do a palm launch right before a palm land. I highly doubt facial detection is involved at all.

Maybe one of the mods can chime in and explain how it works.

So how does it know to land on your Palm? Is it programs to recognize the shape of somebody's hand?
2017-8-25
Use props
TMUSVI
lvl.3
Flight distance : 228891 ft
U.S. Virgin Islands

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-8-23 23:48
Nope, palm landing is not available when it is not in Gesture Mode.

wrong i palm land all the time with rc and not in gesture mode
2017-8-25
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

I would love to see some video's of the suggested methods!
2017-8-26
Use props
PascalG
lvl.3
United States

hover n grab

2017-8-26
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thanks. What technique was that? With a tilt or using the remote?
2017-8-26
Use props
djiuser_NeiK8WS6DnIF
lvl.1
United Arab Emirates

Convert Posted at 2017-8-23 23:59
Depends what you mean by palm landing. You can of course land in your palm when not in gesture mode but DJI may quibble that it is not strictly 'palm landing' as a DJI patented function. The rest of us would still call it palm landing.

My usual method is to bring it down manually to within reach, press the initiate landing icon (and then do the swipe to confirm) on screen and once it has started to descend place my hand underneath. Just like in official 'palm landing' in gesture mode the rotors turn off as soon as it touches down in your hand. A lot less faff than going into gesture mode.

This was easily the best forum post i have ever read on here.  I literally laughed out loud
2019-5-10
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

djiuser_NeiK8WS6DnIF Posted at 5-10 01:20
This was easily the best forum post i have ever read on here.  I literally laughed out loud

Nice that something started 2 years ago is still relevant
2019-5-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules