Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Missing video?
780 11 2017-8-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
paraviz02
lvl.3

United States

Hello,
Today we went on site to document some things with the Inspire 2.

When checking the SD card, when the .MOV file switched to the next one at 4GB, we were missing quite a bit between the two files. I couldn't tell you how much, but it was enough to make me write this post.

How come that happens? Is it a limitation of the file format -- and if so, why are you using that file format?

We have to go back and do the whole job again.
2017-8-22
Use props
paraviz02
lvl.3

United States

Oh ... I found some more info on other forums about others who have had this issue with the huge gap in frames.

That's really not cool ... Does it do this on the SSD as well? Or is this an issue only when using the SD cards?

I really don't have a problem dealing with 4GB files, but the missing frames is really an issue. If we are shooting in 4K, that's only a few minutes before it drops frames and starts the next file.
2017-8-23
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Please tell me the type of your SD card and check if it is in the recommended list. Have you tried another SD card and see if it can be solved? I would recommend you use FAT32 as its document format or you can also try to film a lower resolution video.
2017-8-23
Use props
paraviz02
lvl.3

United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-8-23 22:39
Please tell me the type of your SD card and check if it is in the recommended list. Have you tried another SD card and see if it can be solved? I would recommend you use FAT32 as its document format or you can also try to film a lower resolution video.

Yes, filming at lower resolution is fine, but there are times when we must be recording in 4K and just a few minutes in each file with a significant amount of missing frames in between is not exactly appropriate.

We are using the SD card that came with our Inspire 2, so I'm not sure why that would have problems keeping up.

Does the CineSSD have issues like this as well?
2017-8-24
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

If your SD card lost frames, SSD may have the same issues. Please upload your original 4k video to dropbox so that we can locate the problem of your inspire 2.

2017-8-24
Use props
paraviz02
lvl.3

United States

In general, with the SD card (or I'd assume also with SSD), do I have to pay attention to how long I've been recording at 4K so I can try to "time" the large gap between files? It does not make sense why this is even an issue with big chunks of frames missing while it switches files.
2017-8-25
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Can you please upload your video to dropbox first? It will help us locate the problem. Thanks.
2017-8-28
Use props
paraviz02
lvl.3

United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-8-28 00:25
Can you please upload your video to dropbox first? It will help us locate the problem. Thanks.

Elektra ... I just checked our files again, it actually seems like it was my mistake and not a malfunction of the Inspire 2.

Somehow, during the conversion from .MOV to .MP4 (on our workstation), the exported file was 3 minutes short. Definitely our oversight -- my sincere apologies for that!

Thank you so much for your help.
2017-8-28
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
Australia

"Somehow, during the conversion from .MOV to .MP4 (on our workstation), the exported file was 3 minutes short. Definitely our oversight -- my sincere apologies for that!"

It is well known that I1 and other older DJI cameras split files into 4G limit and by doing so, there are missing frames, about 10 frames. Hence, it is not possible to stitch up successive files without broken scenery. I thought that I2, Mavic and P4P have all been fixed with this issue. Though DJI has not fixed this issue for their I1, Osmo and other cameras. It is very disappointing when DJI has the solution and choose not to implement the fix to their earlier faulty products.
2017-8-28
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
China

paraviz02 Posted at 2017-8-28 10:19
Elektra ... I just checked our files again, it actually seems like it was my mistake and not a malfunction of the Inspire 2.

Somehow, during the conversion from .MOV to .MP4 (on our workstation), the exported file was 3 minutes short. Definitely our oversight -- my sincere apologies for that!

Glad you solved the problem. If you have any problem, I'm willing to help. Thanks.
2017-8-28
Use props
paraviz02
lvl.3

United States

DTK Posted at 2017-8-28 14:45
"Somehow, during the conversion from .MOV to .MP4 (on our workstation), the exported file was 3 minutes short. Definitely our oversight -- my sincere apologies for that!"

It is well known that I1 and other older DJI cameras split files into 4G limit and by doing so, there are missing frames, about 10 frames. Hence, it is not possible to stitch up successive files without broken scenery. I thought that I2, Mavic and P4P have all been fixed with this issue. Though DJI has not fixed this issue for their I1, Osmo and other cameras. It is very disappointing when DJI has the solution and choose not to implement the fix to their earlier faulty products.

I need to test this out. Definitely would like to be proven wrong, since it would be a bummer to miss even 1 frame!
2017-8-28
Use props
paraviz02
lvl.3

United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-8-28 18:07
Glad you solved the problem. If you have any problem, I'm willing to help. Thanks.

Thanks Elektra. Sorry to raise an alarm when this was completely my fault!
2017-8-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules