Nazalite +jr failsafe set up.
2047 9 2015-3-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
davebdavies
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi all.
Has anyone out there set up failsafe using jr radios. I have a dsx11 and tried with an orange rx which supports failsafe and does so at bind posistions. I would like to invoke failsafe from a switch but would be happy to get it working by switching off.I can't find any online help and have tried things like binding with throttle travel adjust, up a bit and then re-setting after ,all to no avail and to help matters i'm not too conversant with mixing etc.I'm hoping i'm missing something simple and someone has an answer .Seen one video on youtube using a pcm9 but you can't see the tx screen and no commentary aaaargh!
Thanks Dave.
2015-3-30
Use props
joe
lvl.3

United States

Your receiver must support failsafe setting for all channels
Remove all props.
First do normal bind.
Then calibrate your RC inputs using Assistant.
Then set the low endpoint on the channel you are using for Mode selection so that it shows as in failsafe in the Assistant.
Now do what the receiver requires to set failsafe positions.  ( different for diff receivers)
Turn off copter and if you needed bind plug remove plug.
Return in radio to original endpoint (-100%)
Turn on copter and go to RC inputs in Assistant.
Verify mode selection is working OK.
Turn off radio and verify Failsafe is shown in Assistant.
2015-3-30
Use props
davebdavies
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Thanks Joe.My receiver does support failsafe on all channels and i have set up my craft and flown it.so from what you say i have to:-
Connect and go into assistant.
Set my travel adjustment on my flight mode channel(aux2. 3 pos switch) and set as low as required for the chosen position on that switch to show failsafe,do i then check that gps and atti operate on the switch pos chosen for them and adjust  accordingly?
if so ,then turn off copter re-insert bind plug and re-bind.then turn off copter.
Remove bind plug ,return travel adjust/endpoint to original place,turn copter back on,then connect to assistant and check all works ok.
Sorry to repeat your instructions but just want to check i'm going to do it right .Be most grateful if you could confirm(or deny)if i've grasped it.
I think i was maybe close when i done it originally ,but what i did was set endpoints first, then did bind.then reset endpoint.and then tried to adjust in assistant.(i think,......it's confusing my old brain now!)wrong order perhaps?
Thanks Dave.
2015-3-30
Use props
joe
lvl.3

United States

When you are in the failsafe setting phase you do not need to check on the other modes.  You only need to do that when endpoints are normal.
So there are two adjustments you use Assistant for.  First the normal mode selections and then the failsafe mode when receiver is set up to program failsafe.

It is always good practice to confirm after you have done everthing that normal modes work correctly with the switch and turing off the radio initiated failsafe.
2015-3-31
Use props
davebdavies
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Thanks Joe but it gets more complicated for me.as i only have a 3 position switch,i think i need  man atti and gps leaving no position for failsafe as i need to switch between man and atti  6/10 times to calibrate compass and i want to keep gps/hold, I think what your saying is that on my switch/Channel endpoints are pos 1=+100% and pos 3 is -100% with pos 2 @ 50%. Sorry i'm so slow to get this but i seem to remember that on initial setting up i had to adjust endpoints to achieve highlighted blue in status bar for any one i needed to get.so would i do this first? then bind failsafe and if i did my rx says it sets it's failsafe on binding and would i have to set my throttle at a higher poisition than bottom stick because naza manual says not to set endpoints at less than 10% .I hope you can see why this is confusing me and if there is a solution to my problem. This is all very new to me as you've  probably guessed.just cant seem to get my head around it all.
Genuine thanks for your patience Joe.
2015-3-31
Use props
observereb
lvl.1

United States

Using your JR radio manual, you need to find how to setup a mix in your radio.  

Basically you will use a 2 position switch, mixed into the channel used to control the man, atti, GPS function,  to add (or subtract) travel, so in effect when you flip the 2 position switch it causes the slider to move in to the failsafe area between man, atti, and GPS.

Flipping the 2 position switch off reverts it back to a normal situation.

You will then bind the Rx with the switch flipped in the failsafe position, storing that position in the Rx so that anytime the Rx loses signal from the Tx it moves that channel to the stored position.

The how to mix part is the tricky part, read up on that in your radio manual.
2015-4-5
Use props
davebdavies
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Thanks observereb,with that useful info i've had a go at my radio(forget manual,written in klingon i think)and somehow i've managed to mix my flight mode switch with a two way switch and all seems to be working in assistant.
ie in position 0 all modes work as normal  and when i flick to position 1 status bar shows failsafe.
I also checked when disconnected from assistant by switching off and this resulted in rapid flashing led's on vu as expected i think.
From what you and joe say i think i next need to go back into assistant,get into failsafe mode and re-bind my rx?
If this is correct,my rx sets all channels on binding, so would i need to put my throttle up a bit from bottom stick as i do it, because in the naza manual it says to set throttle failsafe position at not under 10% of endpoint.
Would be grateful if anyone could confirm this. Last thing i need is to get the final bit wrong ,especially if i've got the fist bit right at last!
2015-4-12
Use props
davebdavies
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi i'm  still holding out to see if anyone out there can answer this question.Having got  my radio to get naza to enter failsafe  via a switch on a programmed mix,all i need to know is, do i just now set failsafe for my rx whilst in the failsafe position that naza recognizes and do i need to set my throttle up a little (manual says not to set below 10% of endpoint) would be great if someone could confirm please.
2015-5-10
Use props
joe
lvl.3

United States

If you have your setup so that the Naza is in failsafe mode via the switch then yes - now do your failsafe bind on the Orange.
Aileron, Elevator and Yaw should be a mid stick positions and throttle I prefer at or just below hover position.

If you only want three flight modes you do not have to do a mix if you do not normally want RTH failsafe on a switch.
Do you fly in manual mode?  If not you may want to consider this position for a RTH function.
This is very much a user preference issue.  Some like mixes with two switches.  Some feel confused by this and want just on switch to affect flight modes.
Your choice here.
2015-5-11
Use props
davebdavies
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Cheers Joe. I have all three flight modes available on my aux 2, 3 way switch and then set up a mix with a 2 way switch to invoke switching to failsafe on any of the 3 modes. My confusion was ,where to place my throttle stick and where to do the re-binding process.
Kindly you have now confirmed it for me that i need to be in failsafe mode and set all sticks to neutral except throttle which i should put at about just below my normal hover position.
Thanks for your advice.
2015-5-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules