Anyone Get Tap Fly to Work?
2007 8 2017-8-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TranceMist
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1661591 ft
United States

I've been trying to get Tap Fly to work on my Spark but whenver I try it it is constantly telling me that there are obstacles in the way.(before firmware .0600 and after upgrading too)

I think it is mosly contrasty shadows and tree lines, but I'm trying to do it on a big field with over 100m clear distance in the direction I want to fly.

I've tried both direction and coordinate mode but both produce the same results and thus far I have not been able to get it to work.

Anyone that's gotten it to work? tips?

2017-8-23
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Just to verify, you have never got Tapfly worked, right? Had you removed the thin film of the visual system? Or did you attempt to initiate Tapley when the drone directly faced the sun so the drone activated obstacle avoidance? Please help to confirm.
2017-8-24
Use props
TranceMist
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1661591 ft
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-8-24 18:07
Just to verify, you have never got Tapfly worked, right? Had you removed the thin film of the visual system? Or did you attempt to initiate Tapley when the drone directly faced the sun so the drone activated obstacle avoidance? Please help to confirm.

Thanks for the "are you an idiot newbie?" questions... I'm not. ;-)

I did finally get it to work, but not as I expect.
I do think it was failing to work due to too many contrasty shadows.
However, it also fails when I tap on a point in a field 100m away due to a line of trees 150m away that is clearly not in the way (nor where I taped).

In general I find that the obstacle avoidance system does not work with high contrast and shadows. :-/

When I did get it to work it did not work as I expected. In coordinate mode I expect it to fly towards those coordinates while I can control yaw (for camera angle). Yet as soon as I try to adjust yaw it just stops and hovers and complains that there is user control input. :-(

Is the Spark supposed to let me control yaw during a coordinate tap to fly flight?
Or is it only the Mavic that can do that?
2017-8-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

TranceMist Posted at 2017-8-25 07:42

You may need to recalibrate your vision sensors in assistant 2 , or are you flying directly into the sun. Also if AC thinks obstacle is in the way it should hover for a few seconds then climb to clear obstacles.
2017-8-25
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

TranceMist Posted at 2017-8-25 07:42

It should work if you want to change the direction, please refer to the tutorial. Could you please provide us a video with the operating process so we can check more if it still doesn't work?

2017-8-30
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-8-25 08:11
You may need to recalibrate your vision sensors in assistant 2 , or are you flying directly into the sun. Also if AC thinks obstacle is in the way it should hover for a few seconds then climb to clear obstacles.

Hi hallmark, please kindly note that Spark doesn't have vision positioning system calibration.
2017-8-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-8-30 03:34
Hi hallmark, please kindly note that Spark doesn't have vision positioning system calibration.

Thank you, my mistake.
2017-8-30
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

That's alright. And most of your answers help those who are struggling with the drone. We appreciate so much about it.
2017-8-31
Use props
Webdrone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 674938 ft
France

Can you maybe only Yaw in direction mode ? It seems the OP would like to keep the same direction but change the way the camera is facing.
2017-9-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules