984 4 2017-8-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Edumalves
lvl.1
Flight distance : 184800 ft
Brazil

Hi guys...

I had a recent issue upgrading one of my batteries to last firmware (01.03.1000). I've searched in the foruns and found threads with users with the same problem (battery doesnt turn off, with 2 central dots blinking every 15secs), and in the solution we must to plug and unplug the battery turned on in the mavic (and appears it is the unique applicable solution). I followed the steps and successfully upgrade the battery.

The battery's manual says:
4. Never install or remove the battery from the aircraft when it is turned on. DO NOT insert or remove batteries if the plastic cover has been torn or compromised in any way.

Finally, removing and connecting the battery when it is turned on offers any danger to Mavic or not?

Thanks in advance

2017-8-23
Use props
Mari
First Officer
Flight distance : 1308780 ft
Netherlands

... Real men don't read manuals....

You had two options... remove battery while it was on (because you couldn't switch of the battery)... or wait till battery was empty and Mavic shut off...

Since you were able to update your battery I wouldn't worry to much... keep it safe and have fun during flying your Mavic...
2017-8-23
Use props
Nazar78
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5106037 ft
Singapore

... Real men don't read manuals.... <- lol

I think it's quite safe but don't take my word for it especially when it has been stated in the official manufacturer's manual. Has been using lipo since before drones existed and JST/XT plugs does the job safely.
2017-8-23
Use props
Sportbike_Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Don't take out the battery from MP while on something the manual states but there isn't anything about update the battery. I've updated the MP firmware and never had any issues or messages about upgraded battery at all. I just simply charge them and that's it.
2017-8-23
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

When the battery fails to upgrade, there is no way to shut it down. But please don't unplug the battery during normal use.
2017-8-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules