Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
X5R Workflow question
1537 3 2017-8-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
David Bartenfie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3784321 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am exporting RAW video from Cinelight.  What I want to do is then move the RAW files into LightRoom and adjust and then export for final editing in Final Cut Pro.  So which Cinelight export format should I use?  DNG, DNG for Premiere, or DNG for FCP (don't think the former will work in LightRoom though).  Is this even possible?  I like the color grading functions in LightRoom.  Can I export from Lightroom into a FCP editable format?  Finally, should I be moving toward AfterEffects rather than LightRoom?  I like the color grading options in AE much less than LightRoom.

Any thoughts or guidance on workflow using these programs is greatly appreciated.  I definitely need to stick with FCP and not move to Premiere because of my familiarity with FCP.

Thanks for any tips!

2017-8-23
Use props
Kiffkool
lvl.4
Flight distance : 812808 ft
United Kingdom

Why don't you try Davinci resolve ... for me at least it loves cDNG files from the X5R and grades are easy .
I'm on windows though.
2017-8-23
Use props
David Bartenfie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3784321 ft
  • >>>
United States

Kiffkool Posted at 2017-8-23 13:22
Why don't you try Davinci resolve ... for me at least it loves cDNG files from the X5R and grades are easy .
I'm on windows though.

I may.  I now understand LR does not handle video.  Ugh.
2017-8-24
Use props
orebro
lvl.3
Flight distance : 264426 ft
United States

David Bartenfie Posted at 2017-8-24 03:51
I may.  I now understand LR does not handle video.  Ugh.

Hello,
        I believe there is a LR workaround that allows you to use it's color grading tools.
Mind you, I'm just a beginner as regards video in general and color grading in particular, but I have been researching, and the options/techniques are bewildering.

I found this video with useful information and I did try it with a sample cDNG clip. It seemed to work as far as color grading goes, but it was then necessary to render or export the sequence(s) to either After Effects or Premiere Pro. I don't see any way to edit clip sequences in LR. Apologies if this doesn't help.

Cheers,
2017-10-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules