2101 13 2017-8-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HellFire77
lvl.3
Flight distance : 390863 ft
  • >>>
Canada

So it seems my Mavic Pro Gimble is broken again. I bought the Mavic as soon as it came out and had gimble problems with it from the beginning. I waited for a firmware update to fix it which never happened so I sent it in for repair.

Now again with no damage to the AC and no crashes the camera/gimble are acting up again

It does exactly what happens to this guy in the video

I took this video of when I tried to fly it anyway I get very strange video.

Then I restarted the Mavic so it didn’t smack its self around and seemed fine for a few mins then freaks out mid flight. Its all in the video.

Do I need to send it in for repair again, what happens when it breaks again in 6 months and its out of warranty?

2017-8-23
Use props
Dread-Pirate-Ro
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2169731 ft
United Kingdom

I reckon you should. Bad luck
2017-8-23
Use props
fansa5957cce
lvl.1
Flight distance : 330302 ft
United States

Dread-Pirate-Ro Posted at 2017-8-23 13:59
I reckon you should. Bad luck

Not bad luck. Happened to me too. If you review the message boards you'll find this is a frequent and pervasive product malfunction that DJI is refusing to acknowledge or address.
2017-8-23
Use props
TxMark117
New
United States

That sucks, guess I am in the same club : (  
So there is no fix other than buying a new gimbal?
2017-8-23
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Are you able to calibrate the gimbal? does a gimbal calibration make the performance better?
2017-8-23
Use props
TxMark117
New
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-8-23 19:27
Are you able to calibrate the gimbal? does a gimbal calibration make the performance better?

Gimbal calibration is not possible,. Continuously tells me to reboot the device.
Is there any hope?
2017-8-24
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

TxMark117 Posted at 2017-8-24 14:05
Gimbal calibration is not possible,. Continuously tells me to reboot the device.
Is there any hope?

Did anything happen before, like hard landing or crash? If not, please try to upgrade it. If it is still the same, you may need to send it in for diagnosis and repair.
2017-8-25
Use props
Sime
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3055210 ft
Australia

Buy a gimble ribbon cable on eBay and have a crack at fixing it yourself.
2017-8-25
Use props
HellFire77
lvl.3
  • >>>
Canada

I had calibrated mine the day or so before I had the problem. I tried calibrating it last night and it completed fine, but there is still something wrong with the gimbal its slowly getting worse like my last one. Never once crashed it, no hard landings, I babied this thing after I had to get it repaired the first time, it is always stored with the gimbal holder on.
2017-8-25
Use props
CC2
New
France

hi I have the same trouble on my camera, answer from dji no warranty and cannot be repaired !!
2017-8-28
Use props
CC2
New
France

same problem for me and DJI don't want to repair it !
2017-8-28
Use props
djiuser_iAGJsbh
lvl.1

France

Great videos HellFire77, thank you for sharing.
HellFire77
2017-8-28
Use props
Dread-Pirate-Ro
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2169731 ft
United Kingdom

djiuser_iAGJsbh Posted at 2017-8-28 08:48
Great videos HellFire77, thank you for sharing.
HellFire77

Sometimes DJI are good at sorting stuff out, and then you hear these stories about them not wanting to help. Maybe they just want your money, who knows?!
2017-8-28
Use props
HellFire77
lvl.3
  • >>>
Canada

Dread-Pirate-Ro Posted at 2017-8-28 09:51
Sometimes DJI are good at sorting stuff out, and then you hear these stories about them not wanting to help. Maybe they just want your money, who knows?!

So I tried flying my Mavic today only to come home and see that the picture is super blurry on the left side. I saw this after a 10 mins of flying and tried focusing again only to see it get a bit better on the left side then back to blurry again.

So between this blurry problem and the gimble saying its over loaded for no reason I need to send it back again.... second time for a gimble/camera problem.

Maybe DJI Mindy can help me speed up this RMA process?
2017-9-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules