Has anyone obtained Licensure to fly drones?
722 8 2017-8-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mavic Marauder
lvl.1
United States

Just wondering has anyone obtained licensure and how hard was it?
2017-8-23
Use props
Mavic Marauder
lvl.1
United States

Lol I see this going to be a friendly forum
2017-9-3
Use props
The Dragon
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1939416 ft
United States

Just a short form, $5 US for 3 years
2017-9-3
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

If by "licensure" you mean the 107 exam, the difficulty level probably depends on the person and their background. Personally I didn't find it difficult but then I had prior flight experience and knowledge; your mileage may vary.

As far as the friendliness (or lack of it) of this forum goes, I guess it's all relative, but personally I find it much better in that respect than the most popular alternative. But there again, YMMV.

2017-9-3
Use props
TN Lone Wolf
lvl.3
Flight distance : 963251 ft
United States

I'm taking the Part 107 exam Tuesday so I can make a little extra money on the side as a freelance drone photographer.
2017-9-3
Use props
ephektz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 94534 ft
United States

Mavic Marauder Posted at 2017-9-3 17:14
Lol I see this going to be a friendly forum

The thing about this forum is that you have a large group of people who have no idea what they're doing, and a very small handful who give legitimately useful and trustworthy information. Be mindful of the large culture gaps, as well, as not everyone is being intentionally rude or obtuse.

Additionally, just because your question isn't answered isn't a gauge on community friendliness. It could be that you posted while pitchforks were flying and torches being lit, or during peak time when topics scroll very fast. A friendly bump will get you a lot further than a passive aggressive dig.

DroneFlying's answer on the part 107 should satisfy your question, though. Welcome to the forums.
2017-9-3
Use props
BSF
New
United States

I did my remote pilot certification in June. There are some great youtube tutorials out there. Also used the info on the FAA website.
2017-9-3
Use props
travelrikk
First Officer
Flight distance : 21877946 ft
  • >>>
Malta

Only possible in the states so no I'm from Europe
2017-9-3
Use props
DocAraxá
lvl.4
Flight distance : 202283 ft
Brazil

I am from Brazil and here we don't have many restricted rules, but I have a document on the national agency here in Brazil that links me and my drone, and permits me to fly (not commercially).
Cheers.
2017-9-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules