Litchi 'Mission Ending' error
2249 11 2017-8-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Surrealplaces
lvl.3
Flight distance : 908819 ft
Canada

Has anyone ever comne across an eror where the a Litchi waypoints mission suddenly ends 'with an error message saying 'Mission Ended'? I had this happen to me twice in a row and it seemed to end at the same spot, which was about halfway through the mission. Oddly enough a day earlier the ver same mission worked fine.
2017-8-23
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

I  use Litchi a lot, and found a similar issue some time back with mine. There has been several conversations about this. I was running the same mission I had run many times, after I update my GO app I didn't realize it, but the update reset all of my defaults. After much confusion on my part, contacting Litchi, etc., I had to turn off the "Smart-RTH" in the Go app. Litchi still uses the DJI firmware and that feature would abort my Litchi mission where it has always been fine. The Go app somehow thought the phantom would not be able to make it home, so the RTH, "Mission-Ended" would kick in even though my DJI app was not running and I was flying with Litchi. May not be your problem, but sounds familiar to me. That's why a lot of us aren't using the latest version of firmware or the app. I am not sure with the new app if you can toggle off the "Smart-RTH" or not. I currently am using firmware 1.09.6 and the Go-app is 3.10.5 I believe, and my P3A works fine. I have the "Smart-RTH" turned off and Litchi runs perfect. You do need to keep an eye on your battery voltage though, because you have no failsafe now. The aircraft will not trigger a RTH if the battery gets low. But pretty sure you know this already....that is the whole point of using Litchi for the missions.
2017-8-24
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
United States

quadpilot Posted at 2017-8-24 05:57
my dji app is still set to smart return home
should i turn it off ?? i would of thought the latest version of Litchi app i am using
would over ride the dji app features

Only comment I can make is for me it is when I run those pretty long Litchi missions or I fly where I will lose the signal while running the mission. If you don't do either of those two, there is no reason to think you would have any issue. My experience was only that if I got out there a couple miles the Litchi would trigger the RTH because the Smart-RTH in the DJI GO app setting was telling it to. My aircraft would come back without a problem, but like I said, I couldn't complete the mission as I had done previously. So my only work around was to turn off the feature in the Go app and I have not had Litchi ever terminate the mission again. I ran a mission last night where I tried to get there with the GO app but after about 1/2 way there I lost signal and the RTH kicked in. So, I programmed the Litchi mission (I was very aware of my location and was familiar with the terrain I was flying, but had a lot of tress to go over to get where I wanted) and it ran just fine. I lost signal about 3-minutes into a 15- minute flight, so I was in the dark if you will, but on the way back I regained my signal & video with about 3-miuntes left. Never had a problem and video was great. I couldn't have done it with the Smart-RTH on in the GO app. Anyway, that is my story. I wouldn't worry about it if you haven't had any aborted missions.  
2017-8-24
Use props
Surrealplaces
lvl.3
Canada

I think I may have found the issue. I looked back at the video and noticed the mission was ending at the same spot.....a spot where the bird was making a sharp turn at a fairly high speed. It appears it got a compass error and ended the mission. I've noticed that my drone will get a compass error and go to atti mode at times when I make sharp turns or fast stops, and that's what appears to have happened during the mission. I've adjusted the turn to be wider and at a slower speed, and will test it out shortly.
2017-8-24
Use props
bob37
lvl.4
Flight distance : 260384 ft
United States

Surrealplaces Posted at 2017-8-24 20:16
I think I may have found the issue. I looked back at the video and noticed the mission was ending at the same spot.....a spot where the bird was making a sharp turn at a fairly high speed. It appears it got a compass error and ended the mission. I've noticed that my drone will get a compass error and go to atti mode at times when I make sharp turns or fast stops, and that's what appears to have happened during the mission. I've adjusted the turn to be wider and at a slower speed, and will test it out shortly.

Gotta love this forum!  I have a mission that gave this error.  It scared me because it was rather far (still with contact though) and over forest, so if my P3A went down, it would be difficult to find.  After reading your post, I looked at the mission, and it is a very sharp curve at 20 mph.  I have now changed that and will try it again.  Thanks!
2017-8-25
Use props
Surrealplaces
lvl.3
Canada

bob37 Posted at 2017-8-25 07:10
Gotta love this forum!  I have a mission that gave this error.  It scared me because it was rather far (still with contact though) and over forest, so if my P3A went down, it would be difficult to find.  After reading your post, I looked at the mission, and it is a very sharp curve at 20 mph.  I have now changed that and will try it again.  Thanks!

I changed the coordinates so that the turn was wider and the nose didn't have to turn so quickly and it flew the mission fine
2017-8-25
Use props
HarryWhite
lvl.3
Flight distance : 326949 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have had this problem three times in the last month. Will make these changes to my setup and see if it solves the problem. Autonomous flying is an awesome thing, but this error situation is quite disconcerting.
2017-9-7
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
United States

HarryWhite Posted at 2017-9-7 16:45
I have had this problem three times in the last month. Will make these changes to my setup and see if it solves the problem. Autonomous flying is an awesome thing, but this error situation is quite disconcerting.

Interesting to see many of you have experienced this error running Litchi. I have not had the error and have used Litchi exclusively for over a year now. But I can't say that I created a mission with sharp turn like you are describing. I have had my Phantom loose signal sometimes just flying around, and if I rotate the aircraft usually it will come right back. But you guys a saying you have a compass error right, not a signal lose. Which would explain the shorten mission in my mind. The program is designed to complete regardless of signal loss, but a compass error would be whole different issue. If you are truly getting a compass error, and slowing down the speed and sharpness of the turn, I just wonder if you may have a loose connection? Just asking. It will be interesting to hear how you all make out.
2017-9-8
Use props
Ahmed Hussain
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1339761 ft
  • >>>
Kuwait

I just understand why Litchi app advises users to close DJI GO app if running in the background. So that not to affects the flight with Litchi.

This is maybe the reason. Because there is no logical reason for a closed app to affect.

Am I correct? If yes, then all you need to be sure dji app not working in the background by tab ( close all apps) then run Litchi after starting the drone and RC. Litchi app has RTH in it's sitting just be sure turned on.
2017-9-8
Use props
Ahmed Hussain
Second Officer
  • >>>
Kuwait

You do not have to change or turn off anything in DJI Go app. What I'm saying just close the app in the background as Litchi advises. Because when you exit the DJI GO app the app will not be closed but running in the background, so you need to close it there in order not affect the flight when Lithci is running.

2017-9-9
Use props
Surrealplaces
lvl.3
Canada

Ahmed Hussain Posted at 2017-9-8 12:06
I just understand why Litchi app advises users to close DJI GO app if running in the background. So that not to affects the flight with Litchi.

This is maybe the reason. Because there is no logical reason for a closed app to affect.

That makes sense. I notice that If I reboot my phone and start with Litchi only it seems to work okay, but if I run DJI and then close it and start Litchi, the Litchi app does strange things sometimes.
2017-9-9
Use props
Ahmed Hussain
Second Officer
  • >>>
Kuwait

Surrealplaces Posted at 2017-9-9 09:15
That makes sense. I notice that If I reboot my phone and start with Litchi only it seems to work okay, but if I run DJI and then close it and start Litchi, the Litchi app does strange things sometimes.

Yes, this is the best way if you don't know how to close DJI GO app or all apps running in the background.

Just restart your phone before starting Litchi app.
2017-9-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules