Rear lights go solid red during flight
1623 13 2015-3-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cayers13
lvl.3

United States

I flew today and after about 10 minutes I noticed the rear lights suddenly go solid red for maybe 10 seconds then back to the normal green flashing with a red every once in awhile (9 satellites/NAZA mode). Has anyone else experienced this or know what it means?
2015-3-30
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

pg. 48 of manual...
Solid Red is Error*.".......Red green and depending how many reds followed by green is indication of low number of Sat's GPS.
Should plug into Phantom Vision Assistant and see if your IMU etc. are all within spec!
Have you had a bad landing at all? Maybe something is jarred...
Are you on iOS or Android? Any issues with communications otherwise?

2015-3-30
Use props
cayers13
lvl.3

United States

On iOS. I updated the Phantom app last week but haven't updated iOS software, maybe that has something to do with it. I can also tell you I was having a problem before flight connecting to the Phantom's wifi, it broke connection a couple times before staying connected.
2015-3-30
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

cayers13@gmail. Posted at 2015-3-31 01:58
On iOS. I updated the Phantom app last week but haven't updated iOS software, maybe that has somethi ...

I would definitely ensure as a minimum the vision app is updated and it would not hurt to update the main iOS also, they usually go hand in hand!..."usually"..as the developers write or adjust code to go with the new iOS etc..
2015-3-30
Use props
JATO
lvl.4

United States

When I got my MCU error the rear lights were solid red, but it displayed an error on the app screen.
2015-3-30
Use props
cayers13
lvl.3

United States

JATO Posted at 2015-3-31 02:22
When I got my MCU error the rear lights were solid red, but it displayed an error on the app screen. ...

I just saw your thread, sounds like the same thing happened to me. Also after upgrading the firmware :\

No error messages when connected to the Phantom desktop app. Guess I'll open up the shell and make sure nothing is loose.
2015-3-30
Use props
crash1sttime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1047503 ft
United Kingdom

As for the Green/red, since I updated mine if I only have 6 sats (showing on the app as 6 sats in green) I also get a green/red, it only goes green when I get 7 sats, never had that with the old firmware.
2015-3-30
Use props
JATO
lvl.4

United States

I noticed  that too. I amslowly leaning toward it may be an issue with the new the 3.12 firmware.
2015-3-30
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

crash1sttime Posted at 2015-3-31 04:16
As for the Green/red, since I updated mine if I only have 6 sats (showing on the app as 6 sats in gr ...

That is in the updated manual, when 7 sats , light is green, 6 sats you get 1 red.
2015-3-30
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

So presumably if you are flying and coverages is changing between 6/7 Sat's constantly the light sequences will Chang/be intermittent so to speak...
2015-3-30
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

color codes
063724rpkmjv4l6lp40k66.jpg
2015-3-30
Use props
crash1sttime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1047503 ft
United Kingdom

So 6 sats used to be ok but now DJI says it's not ?
2015-3-31
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

crash1sttime Posted at 2015-3-31 19:45
So 6 sats used to be ok but now DJI says it's not ?

6 sats will keep your home point locked.  I think it is just a warning you are getting close to the minimum for sat lock.
2015-3-31
Use props
cayers13
lvl.3

United States

I connected to the desktop app a few times, no errors. Opened the shell and examined everything, no loose connections anywhere. Gonna fly this morning but I'm thinking JATO is right about it being a 3.12 firmware issue. Hopefully just a glitch though and I won't regret updating
2015-3-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules