Fall on right side at start
821 3 2015-3-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mulosmani
New

Albania

Hello. I have just bought my Phantom 1 used and im trying to plane it but every time that i try to wake it it flips on the right and crashes on the ground. i have tryed IMU Calibration but nothing. Its the same. can anyone give me an advice please?

2015-3-30
Use props
joe
lvl.3

United States

Could be many things.  Seeing it is second had we do not know what the previous owner has done.
Start by checking on motor rotation and prop direction.  Are all motors spinning.  You can check with props removed
Motors should spin as looking from behind the craft.
Left Front CW, Right Front CCW
Left Rear CCW, Right Rear CW
Props direction should be correct for given motor.

Also check radio calibration.
What mode are you starting up in.

For testing you may want to start with stabilize mode in case somehow the compass orientation or some other issue with GPS mode exists.
2015-4-2
Use props
nig_smith
Second Officer

United Kingdom

I'll add to Joes comments. If it is an older version of the Phantom, one with the standard props and nuts, not the props with the self tightening nuts moulded into the hub, check you have them on the correct motors. Each prop has a small arrow on them indicating  their intended rotation. If a prop is on the wrong motor it will force the craft down instead of providing lift.

Regards

Nidge
2015-4-3
Use props
benkknight
lvl.1
United Kingdom

i had the issue once and was able to fix it by taking the battery out and putting it back in. i'm not sure if that'll work but it might be a clue as to what causes this to happen
2015-5-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules