Can't Fly Above or away for more than 100FT.
5182 15 2017-8-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HARLEYSCOTTE
lvl.2
Flight distance : 53747 ft
United States

My first flight I had no problems, but the next 3 flights I could not  fly Above or away for more than 100FT. The only thing I changed was the battery, then took off at 97 FT. I got a warning saying Max. Flight Altitude Reached & the same for Distance at 100 FT.  The rear LED'S were blinking red at 100 FT. if I go lower it changes to blinking Green

I re-calibrated 2 times & checked the settings which were the same as always with no help. I think the problem is, I was flying in a controlled zone (flying with in 5 miles) & I read that I must call the ATC at the airport which is 4.8 miles away, to get an ok to fly there. Last I have flying there for at least 14 weeks without a problem.
2017-8-24
Use props
marvzz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 23835 ft
United States

It's not in beginner mode is it?
2017-8-24
Use props
HARLEYSCOTTE
lvl.2
United States

marvzz Posted at 2017-8-24 08:40
It's not in beginner mode is it?

no it is not I had it set at RTH 150M  MAX Altitude  175M Beginner Mode off  the first flight worked fine after that stuck at 200 feet  all the settings are right
2017-8-24
Use props
djiguy001
Second Officer

Canada

Sounds like your battery wasn't charged, or an issue with the battery?
2017-8-24
Use props
G_Sig
First Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

If you change battery you turn your AC off, then you also need to restart the app. If you are close to airport you get and should get limits in both attitude and distance.
2017-8-24
Use props
Dr J
lvl.1
Flight distance : 594 ft
Canada

Same problem with me. Limited to 30 metres height and 50 metres distance. Sometimes if I log out and relog in, the restrictions go away...sometimes not. Such BS.
2017-8-24
Use props
HARLEYSCOTTE
lvl.2
United States

Thank You I think it was the battery, after my first good flight   I changed the battery which had 2 1/2 LEDS Blinking & that is when the problem started, I will re-charge it & try it again. I was starting to believe the airport had some way of keeping my drone from flying above 100ft. but it is a small airport ?
2017-8-24
Use props
epicdoom0
lvl.4
Flight distance : 340620 ft
United States

as a rule I wouldn't fly with any battery that isn't fully charged just my rule and I stick to it no matter what. when I know I'm gonna fly I charge everything up fully even the RC. for what we pay for these things I don't take any chances. if I get to the flying field and a battery is showing 3 lights it goes back in the bag or I put it on the car charger while I fly my other four batteries, if it fails to fully charge in that time I call it a day.
2017-8-24
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Please make sure you've signed in the APP, then try to restart the drone and APP, see if it works.
2017-8-24
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Dr J Posted at 2017-8-24 15:01
Same problem with me. Limited to 30 metres height and 50 metres distance. Sometimes if I log out and relog in, the restrictions go away...sometimes not. Such BS.

I would recommend you power on the RC and drone first, then start the APP.
2017-8-24
Use props
dvjunior
New
Flight distance : 282 ft
Australia

Hi Folks,

I have had this same issue over the last couple of weeks. I tried a number of things (settings, firmware reloads, app re-installs, logged into app, being connected to wi-fi, etc) and found that sometimes the height / distance restriction was there and other times it isn't. Thanks to the many posts I've read,  I have now found what appears to be a sure fire method for getting my drone up in the air and over these distance limits.

The trick is to make sure you start the app after you start the drone. You need to make sure that the app isn't minimised and running in the background so with IOS, hit the home button twice and the swipe the DJI app window up. Start the drone, wait for a few seconds, then launch the app. This has worked perfectly for me for the last half a dozen flights or so. If you need to restart the drone to replace the battery, make sure you stop and re-launch the app otherwise the restrictions will be imposed.

Hope this helps.
2017-8-24
Use props
HARLEYSCOTTE
lvl.2
United States

Day 2  same problem both batteries  & controller fully charged
1-- power on controller-- Power on Drone--Power on IPhone --settings WI- FI to- Phantom -- Tap on DJI GO 9wait for warm up also check make sure  Beginner Mode off .
MAX ALT. 125M  MAX DIST. 400M

IN P MODE LEDS Green Home point has been recorded  

1 Flight no problems  MAX ALT. 209 FT MAX DIST.1166FT.

2ND Flight Max Alt. 99. Max Dist. 99FT. Warning max Alt. 99ft & Dist. 99Ft. reached Adjust Main Controller Settings if Necessary. REAR LED's blink Red & you can't go up or farther away. when you descend RED changes to GREEN Blinking lights  
3RD Flight changed batteries  with the same problems -- Am I doing something wrong ? been flying at the same location for almost a year.

2017-8-25
Use props
G_Sig
First Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

HARLEYSCOTTE Posted at 2017-8-25 06:32
Day 2  same problem both batteries  & controller fully charged
1-- power on controller-- Power on Drone--Power on IPhone --settings WI- FI to- Phantom -- Tap on DJI GO 9wait for warm up also check make sure  Beginner Mode off .
MAX ALT. 125M  MAX DIST. 400M

Was 2nd flight on same spot? Did you change battery?
2017-8-25
Use props
HARLEYSCOTTE
lvl.2
United States

G_Sig Posted at 2017-8-25 08:53
Was 2nd flight on same spot? Did you change battery?

After doing some looking, the area I was flying in was a controlled area on the map which means I have to put down the exact place where you are flying at & agree that during the time you flying you will pay for any damage that might happen while you are flying ( crashing your drone into a car)  there is a lot to fill out I might try one more time, because I know it fly's fine  & never changed the Battery today
  Just check out in the  top right corner of the Camera page corner select   No Fly Zone & fill it out to find where you can fly & where you can't
The Bottom line some places you can't not fly & some you can but if your drone causes damage you must pay
2017-8-25
Use props
Dr J
lvl.1
Flight distance : 594 ft
Canada

Dvjunior is correct. Make sure you first kill the app if its running in the multitasking manager (in IOS double click home button and swipe app up). Start drone, then controller, then app. Thanks Dvjunior!
2017-8-27
Use props
HARLEYSCOTTE
lvl.2
United States

dvjunior Posted at 2017-8-24 23:35
Hi Folks,

I have had this same issue over the last couple of weeks. I tried a number of things (settings, firmware reloads, app re-installs, logged into app, being connected to wi-fi, etc) and found that sometimes the height / distance restriction was there and other times it isn't. Thanks to the many posts I've read,  I have now found what appears to be a sure fire method for getting my drone up in the air and over these distance limits.

Yep dvjunior  I think is right I live in a wind zone so as long as it is not to windy tomorrow I will be flying early AM . I just bought a IPhone 7+ & I was using an IPhone 4, Thanks for the help.
2017-8-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules