Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Questions about "Missions"
1344 16 2017-8-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hym Kaar
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4035174 ft
Switzerland

Hi,

I do have a few questions regarding creating "Missions" with MP, btw a very nice way of flying and focusing exclusively on shooting.

- What is the precision (cm, 0.5m, 1m) when the MP fly ?
- what happens if the connection with RC is lost ? RTH of the MP continue his mission ?
- is it possible to share a mission with someone else (import/export) ? if yes how ?

Thanks if you have answers to above questions
KB

2017-8-24
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

For the accuracy, coz it depends on the GPS signal and the stability of barometer, it might have a slight deviation. Did you have the issue of precision? Could you tell us the deviation?
When the remote controller is disconnected with the aircraft during flight, the aircraft will continue conducting the mission. When a low battery level warning is shown on the app, the aircraft will stop conducting the mission and fly to the Home Point. It is recommended to observe flight environments and set an appropriate Return-to-Home altitude.
Nope, you can not share.
2017-8-24
Use props
Hym Kaar
lvl.2
Switzerland

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-8-24 20:08
For the accuracy, coz it depends on the GPS signal and the stability of barometer, it might have a slight deviation. Did you have the issue of precision? Could you tell us the deviation?
When the remote controller is disconnected with the aircraft during flight, the aircraft will continue conducting the mission. When a low battery level warning is shown on the app, the aircraft will stop conducting the mission and fly to the Home Point. It is recommended to observe flight environments and set an appropriate Return-to-Home altitude.
Nope, you can not share.

Thor, Thank you for your time in answering my questions.
- precision questions is : if I record a point between two trees, or below a bridge, when the Mavic Pro flies the mission , what is the maximum deviation from the recorded point might I have at normal speed ? I don't want to see it crashing due to a "GPS deviation", I just need an average precision or safety distance from any obstacle: 1m? 5m? 15?
- connection lost: Excellent news ! thanks. Yes, minimum altitude for RTH make complete sense
- sharing missions: too bad. Can we save them at least ? or do the missions stay on the RC and are lost if I need to acquire a new RC ? that would be a nice feature to export/Import missions, like organising a fly with a group of Mavic Pro
- what about flight route, can we export/import them ?
2017-8-25
Use props
jreynolds5
lvl.3
Flight distance : 535341 ft
United States

personally i would never plot a mission that is not above any obticles. That I believe would be a big risk to try to fly between 2 trees and what not.
2017-8-25
Use props
Hym Kaar
lvl.2
Switzerland

jreynolds5 Posted at 2017-8-25 10:14
personally i would never plot a mission that is not above any obticles. That I believe would be a big risk to try to fly between 2 trees and what not.

I agree with you.

This is why doing the same flight with a mission, i.e. having the drone flying and you only focusing on the camera, could be something safer IF the MP is flying precisely where I want to (no wind conditions).
2017-8-25
Use props
jreynolds5
lvl.3
Flight distance : 535341 ft
United States

I have only played with it a little and it seems pretty accurate.......on a very generous tolerance I would say plus a foot for safety but probably more lige a few inches.
2017-8-25
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Hym Kaar Posted at 2017-8-25 09:59
Thor, Thank you for your time in answering my questions.
- precision questions is : if I record a point between two trees, or below a bridge, when the Mavic Pro flies the mission , what is the maximum deviation from the recorded point might I have at normal speed ? I don't want to see it crashing due to a "GPS deviation", I just need an average precision or safety distance from any obstacle: 1m? 5m? 15?
- connection lost: Excellent news ! thanks. Yes, minimum altitude for RTH make complete sense

I think the case you mentioned is an inertia situation, not a precision case. But, anyway, I suggest that it would be great to have more than 10 meters allowance for the safety distance.
You can save the mission, and latest 3 missions will automatically save to the app, you can store it by sliding to left via the iOS device and long pressing via Android device.
Hmm, I think that share a mission does not really proper to fly with a group of Mavics simultaneously. Just a thought.
You can review your flight route on the flight record but can not apply to other users.
2017-8-31
Use props
fans987d278a
lvl.4
Flight distance : 124180 ft
Canada

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-8-31 01:25
I think the case you mentioned is an inertia situation, not a precision case. But, anyway, I suggest that it would be great to have more than 10 meters allowance for the safety distance.
You can save the mission, and latest 3 missions will automatically save to the app, you can store it by sliding to left via the iOS device and long pressing via Android device.
Hmm, I think that share a mission does not really proper to fly with a group of Mavics simultaneously. Just a thought.

Have a look at the Litchi app & its capabilities, You can plan your mission at the mission hub at home on your computer, Then save this mission & fly it in the field, you can share any & all your missions with anyone on the Litchi mission hub.
I love Litchi mainly because of the ability to design/plot/plan a waypoint mission at home, & then fly it later, knowing that if you loose connection with your waypoint mission, your bird will continue flying the mission & at end, return to home or hover whichever you have set.
I have a much stronger signal, no lags or drop outs using Litchi, unlike the buggy (for me anyway) go 4 app & all its updates
2017-8-31
Use props
Tombolian
lvl.4
Flight distance : 675958 ft
United States

I'm not sure why nobody mention's DJI's own DJI GS Pro app.  From the looks of it, it is more capable of waypoint missions than those in the DJI GO4 app.  I'll bet testing it myself later today...
2017-8-31
Use props
Tombolian
lvl.4
Flight distance : 675958 ft
United States

Well, I just answered one of my own questions... it's only available for iPad?  Not iPhone I guess...
2017-8-31
Use props
Hym Kaar
lvl.2
Switzerland

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-8-31 01:25

Thanks !
2017-9-3
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

My pleasure, should you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us at any time, we're glad to help.
2017-9-5
Use props
DocAraxá
lvl.4
Flight distance : 202283 ft
Brazil

Tombolian Posted at 2017-8-31 10:31
Well, I just answered one of my own questions... it's only available for iPad?  Not iPhone I guess...

Dear Tombolian,

This app is only for the iPad.
Cheers.
2017-9-5
Use props
Mari
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1308780 ft
Netherlands

... iPad and GSPro makes flying much fun...
2017-9-5
Use props
Dutchgixxer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 738084 ft
Netherlands

Is it possible to program a mission in de Mavic ? say follow this piece of road by means using a track or serveral waypoint and make a video in the meantime ?
2017-9-5
Use props
Hym Kaar
lvl.2
Switzerland

Dutchgixxer Posted at 2017-9-5 09:44
Is it possible to program a mission in de Mavic ? say follow this piece of road by means using a track or serveral waypoint and make a video in the meantime ?

My actual understanding and experience is the following: yes, but you need to bring your drone there first, make it fly and record the way points one by one, and when done, then you can start your mission (probably with another fully charged battery) and start recording without focusing on piloting the drone

This is safer than planing the mission on a laptop, and when running the mission suddenly discover that: the google map is not up to date, there are "unexpected" obstacles not shown on the laptop (trees, power lines, etc ...). Flying there first, recording precisely the way points and orienting the camera precisely where you want first, at the right altitude, is much better to have some smooth and nice video when flying the mission.

My 2 cents.
2017-9-10
Use props
seeker_ktf_
lvl.4
Flight distance : 218474 ft
United States

I have always resisted Litchi.  I'm a "by the book" kind of guy, I guess.  At the same time, I use Android so I don't have an iPad to run GS.  The whole situation is disappointing and whenever a waypoint mission discussion gets posted here I am again reminded how much unused potential is there inside my little MP.  There just so many time when the ability to map out a waypoint mission on my PC and then executing it later would be fun and sometime downright useful.  Having what is essentially the same video over different equivalent missions would be spectacular.

I really hope DJI can fill in this giant gap in the feature set.
2017-9-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules