12Next >
4340 50 2017-8-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TranceMist
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1661591 ft
United States

Today I received the "maximum distance reached" error at least twice.
I did not have a distance limit set.
I did have RTH set to 40m and maximum altitude set to 50m.

The I got the message at 50m horizontal distance, 2m AGL.

Here's a link to data for one of them: http://app.airdata.com/main?share=XMcGoH

Simply returning and power cylcing the Spark and RC resolved the issue both times (no settings changed).
(verified no compass interference before takeoff, 10+ sats, no WiFi interference)

I have the latest firmware on the RC, Spark and all 4 batteries. Latest DJI Go 4 app.

Anyone else encounter this?
2017-8-24
Use props
Sparky_17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

I noticed someone else posted a simular story and they did a power down of all devices; ac, rc, phone.  Everything was back and worked perfectly after doing this.
2017-8-24
Use props
MaikR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 322087 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Just updated my Spark and have the same issue. Checked all settings, but no setting was incorrect!
2017-8-24
Use props
TranceMist
lvl.2
United States

MaikR Posted at 2017-8-24 11:21
Just updated my Spark and have the same issue. Checked all settings, but no setting was incorrect!

I filed a ticket with DJI Support and their answer was to delete and re-install the DJI Go 4 app.

Sounds like a BS answer but will try it anyway when I have the patience... :-/
2017-8-24
Use props
fredbotton75
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1832001 ft
  • >>>
France

Got the very same problem today. Spark, RC, batteries and DJI GO 4 fully updated. On 1st battery I got limited to 50 meters. With the 2 other batteries it let me fly past 50 meters properly.
2017-8-24
Use props
MaikR
lvl.4
  • >>>
Netherlands

Very strange... own the spark for 2 months now, never had one issue, but now it is acting strange.
Also on a 40m rocket is quits because of altitude restrictriction.

Also got my nfz update today, could it have to do something with it?
2017-8-24
Use props
Snowboada
lvl.2
Flight distance : 99186 ft
Austria

yes it does
2017-8-24
Use props
fans808b1d91
lvl.3
United States

i had to update my NFZ info after the update. After that all went well. I was alerted to update when I flew for the second time after getting max range message.  I updated through DJI Go 4 app on iPhone 6
2017-8-24
Use props
Nemroig
lvl.2
Flight distance : 192930 ft
Spain

I have been experimenting the same since yesterday: Issues with height indicator, distance and height limits, sport mode and very bad image to my phone. Yesterday first battery ok, second battery with those weird issues.

But, and maybe this is nothing but casuality, I realised that the RC was at 40% or less. This morning it was maybe at 25%. So I fully charged it, and then I flyed two batteries with no issues at all! Altitude indicator, distance indicator and limits, image, sports mode (wow man, that sport mode...). Everything perfect! I hope it lasts

Check it with your RC fully charged, and let's see if those error prompts come out again.
2017-8-24
Use props
Natesac
lvl.2
Flight distance : 252526 ft
United States

I was also having an issue with he beginner mode type limitations kicking in after the update. I saw in another post somewhere that logging out/in of the DJI GO4 app cleared it up. I did the same and have not seen that issue pop back up.
2017-8-24
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

There are two solutions for this warning:
1.Reboot your app when your drone hover in a safe place
2.Let the drone return to home, reboot the aircraft and app.
Please have a try.
2017-8-25
Use props
Thor1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 196837 ft
Canada

mine reaches 30 vertical and 30 horizontal and im so frusterated
2017-8-25
Use props
koko_
lvl.2
Norway

Same issue for me. Since last update sometimes distance and height are limited without any prior warning or message. Only restarting (copter,rc&app) helped. Did reinstall Go-App (4.1.7 iOS), re-logged in, have latest FW & NFZ (this Morning) - still same behavior. This is frustrating.
2017-8-25
Use props
ped078
lvl.4
Flight distance : 565794 ft
United Kingdom

I was flying with two batteries with no issues, on the 3rd battery started getting distance / height limit reached, also flying slow :/.

Is this a software glitch?
2017-8-25
Use props
BiPiotr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 305413 ft
Poland

Same thing happend to me. I've updated battery FW, without switching everything off and got same error. After powering spark, rc and app off and on all is good.
2017-8-25
Use props
gmPhysics
lvl.2
Flight distance : 866486 ft
Canada

koko_ Posted at 2017-8-25 12:06
Same issue for me. Since last update sometimes distance and height are limited without any prior warning or message. Only restarting (copter,rc&app) helped. Did reinstall Go-App (4.1.7 iOS), re-logged in, have latest FW & NFZ (this Morning) - still same behavior. This is frustrating.

Any resolve?  I'm having the same issues. 2 of 4 flights today gave restrictions.
2017-8-25
Use props
MachTwo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 446490 ft
United Kingdom

Same thing happening here. I've updated the NFZ's, signed out and back in on the app. Sometimes it works fine - sometimes it doesn't and it's restricted to 50m.
2017-8-25
Use props
Cap0ne
lvl.3
Flight distance : 217077 ft
Romania

Happened to me yesterday also, but only once, immediately after the last fw update. Max alt was set to 150m, but when sparky reached 30m it stopped.
It was ok after reboot till now (7-8 flights after).
2017-8-26
Use props
HoverGuy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 220197 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am intermittently having the same issue. Have to land the spark and restart the app seems to fix it. If the app is not closed and restarted after each flight, issue appears.
2017-8-26
Use props
koko_
lvl.2
Norway

After having this issue several times in the last two days, this day (9 flights) worked perfect for me. Could it be related to GPS fix accuracy? I read DJI limits range if GPS fix is not sufficient, maybe its threshold is too narrow?
2017-8-26
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am intermittently having the same issue.  After the FW update I flew 3 batteries with no problems charged the batteries 4th, 5th and 6th flight started giving me height and distance limits what gave? and also my RC is about 30% battery life in it.  I will charge 3 batteries again and the RC and fly again to see if the problem is still there.{:4_142:}
2017-8-26
Use props
koko_
lvl.2
Norway

While first 10-15 flights went well today, the last 5-10 flights were initially limited again. The positive point: for me worked just killing and restarting the Go app, this even works while flying (hovering while restarting app) - After restarting I could immediately fly further without any limits. I use v4.1.7 iOS with latest FW on all DJI devices.
2017-8-26
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

koko_ Posted at 2017-8-26 12:06
While first 10-15 flights went well today, the last 5-10 flights were initially limited again. The positive point: for me worked just killing and restarting the Go app, this even works while flying (hovering while restarting app) - After restarting I could immediately fly further without any limits. I use v4.1.7 iOS with latest FW on all DJI devices.

I'll give this a shot next time i fly.
2017-8-26
Use props
MartynMertens
New
Flight distance : 119744 ft
China

Same here. Installed all the updates. Everything fully charged. First 3 flights were ok, after that this random behavior of max distance started (d50m, h30m). After restarting the ac+rc everything is ok again, until the next occurrence.
2017-8-27
Use props
Dave-r
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1214 ft
United Kingdom

happening to me as well no problems before the update
2017-8-27
Use props
djiuser_1j0fKwk
lvl.2
Flight distance : 54042 ft
Israel

MartynMertens Posted at 2017-8-27 05:23
Same here. Installed all the updates. Everything fully charged. First 3 flights were ok, after that this random behavior of max distance started (d50m, h30m). After restarting the ac+rc everything is ok again, until the next occurrence.

Same here :-(
2017-8-27
Use props
koko_
lvl.2
Germany

Just out of interest - which platform (android or ios) you use? For me it seems to be a problem of the 4.1.7 iOS app.
2017-8-27
Use props
MaikR
lvl.4
  • >>>
Netherlands

koko_ Posted at 2017-8-27 10:48
Just out of interest - which platform (android or ios) you use? For me it seems to be a problem of the 4.1.7 iOS app.

I am on iOS 4.1.7
2017-8-27
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

koko_ Posted at 2017-8-26 12:06

Tried it this morning and turning app off and back on again worked.  Thanks!
2017-8-27
Use props
heliman
lvl.4
Denmark

I had a weird one today:
From a cold start (app closed, rc and ac off):
Igniting... , sport mode, I wanted to go high, and got it up very high without problems. Moving it 2 meters or so - doing panoramas...
About 3 minutes later, still when very high up:
“error: Your flight altitude and distance have been limited to 30 m and 50 m. respectively. Please try again after restarting. Do not fly beyond this range.”

It did not descend, but stayed way up where I had put it.
But why did I get that message?
Clear day, at 61% battery, and with 21 satellites.
Everything, including nfz is the latest versions.

DJI, please explain!
2017-8-27
Use props
fans61699a75
First Officer
Flight distance : 24897940 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Same happened to me.
And now i am getting , eachtime i change battery , at 50 meters, you have reached maximum distance reached. Switch rc,ac , app off and reboot, everything works, but its a pain in the ... to reboot everything each battery change. I think dji engineers are getting their heads together to fix this bug, as tooooo many sparkowners have this issue now suddenly
IMG_1722.PNG
2017-8-27
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

I smell another FW update coming up.
2017-8-27
Use props
Mullheliflier
First Officer
Flight distance : 12305135 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I experienced the same error today. Limited to 50m after changing a battery.
2017-8-27
Use props
Cauffy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 36752 ft
United Kingdom

Me to, I've had my spark for about 6 weeks, and prior to the latest firmware I never had a problem... since the latest update I keep getting choppy video and altitude limiting to 30mtrs.

I hope they fix it soon, I've tried everything suggested and the are not working for me...

Come on dji bring out a hot fix and missing some great flying weather here in the U.K...
2017-8-27
Use props
Pluggy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 33251 ft
United Kingdom

Yes, same here following the FW update and an update an both batteries and the RC controller. Frustrating
2017-8-28
Use props
ped078
lvl.4
Flight distance : 565794 ft
United Kingdom

Just an update.

Was having this issue just with one of my batteries. Signing out, then back into the DJI GO4 app COMPLETELY solved the problem.
2017-8-28
Use props
TranceMist
lvl.2
United States

I can confirm that deleting and reinstalling the DJI Go 4 app (as DJI support suggested that I do in their response to my filed ticket) does not alleviate this problem.

Indeed it appears to happen on only the first flight of a newly charged battery (and not every time). Simply landing, powering off and powering back on the Spark allows me to fly normally again.
I don't even need to reboot the RC, restart the App or make any other changes, just restarting the Spark makes it go away for that battery. But put another freshly charged battery in and it can happen again.
It is rather inconsistent.

I think DJI has a bug in their new firmware.
2017-8-28
Use props
koko_
lvl.2
Germany

I am not sure if this depends on battery charge level - for me it happened with all batteries, but not deterministic - sometimes it works, sometimes not (usually I start with fully charged batteries).

Does anyone experienced the limitation using android?
2017-8-28
Use props
fans61699a75
First Officer
Flight distance : 24897940 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Funny to say, i did some tests, and i kept swapping batteries. At the beginning with fully charged batteries , no distance/height message. But after the batteries levels went down and kept on seapping, i received the messages. I cant remember at which level it was but i thought around 60 pct
2017-8-28
Use props
TranceMist
lvl.2
United States

I did some more tests today. On 4 batteries I flew 6 times (recharged two of them) and ran into the problem twice, in each case right after launching on a fresh battery.

Here is a screenshot showing the issue.

Note that I am in Sport mode, so obviously I do not  have beginner mode enabled.

Also, I checked upon takeoff that I did not have max distance enabled.

2017-8-28
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules