batteries/hibernation
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiguy001
Second Officer

Canada

can't seem to find the documentation here.

I have a phantom I haven't used for a few months - and I don't quite remember the process for bringing a battery out of hibernation?

do I get the red light on *first* - or do I just start charging it... or what?

if I push the button - the red light does go on, with about one green bar...

thanks!

2017-8-24
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha djiguy,

That is an interesting question best answered by a DJI Team member.  In my two years on the Forum, I do not recall seeing this slant of the battery questions.  It would seem to me that a straight charging would be OK (verify with DJi) so there should not be a problem.

As a precaution for the bear breath after the long hibernation though, you might charge for 10-15 minutes and then leave it for 10-15 minutes so a steep charging gradient is not created.  Battery hibernation during the cold months would have been a problem as far back as the Phantoms go, so if there was a problem, DJI should be able to comment on it.  It looks good for you but you should wait for DJI to weigh in on this.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-8-24
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

I would just plug into charger.  See what comes up and wait
2017-8-24
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

Alabama has some good advice. Just plug it in and see what happens. If that doesn't work, you might try turning the battery on like you would when it is in the phantom, and then plug the charger into it. Turn it on first, before you plug it into your charger. Hope it works for you.
2017-8-24
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Sounds right
2017-8-24
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Page 3 of the Intelligent flight battery safety guidelines manual from Here
2017-8-24
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

A straight charging is Ok, here is a tutorial video may be helpful.  
2017-8-24
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

If you switch on and red led lights but nothing else .... then you need to put the battery down for 5 minutes - the red led will then go out - then connect to charger .... leave till fully charged. Its fully stated in manual ....

Any other sequence will only result in red light on and need to wait 5 minutes again ....

Nigel
2017-8-24
Use props
djiuser_EJEYSYo0PCpZ
New

Canada

Hello i am experiencing my dji ronin m battery in hibernation mode ( that what I believe it is). When i click the button on the battery to turn on it , the lights flash then go off .. not sure how to get it out of this mode so that it stays on.. any fix here??
2020-4-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules