Android and Wifi 2.4 GHZ
1038 5 2017-8-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
todoweb
lvl.2
Flight distance : 39035 ft
France

Why my mobile device (Asus, Galaxy) with Android does not see the drone in wifi 2.4 GHZ while my IPhone see it?
2017-8-24
Use props
vasi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 16099 ft

Switzerland

This is asked everyday now, this thread should be pinned on top. https://forum.dji.com/thread-100550-3-1.html
2017-8-24
Use props
Sparky_17
lvl.4
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

try connecting with an ios device .. has worked perfectly for me.
2017-8-24
Use props
Spaners
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1542 ft
United Kingdom

Its an EU thing. your android devices don't support the 5G8 channels that the spark uses.
The spark will boot up in 5G8 every time. so you will have to do a 9 second button hold (three beeps) this will cause the spak wifi to reset.
Funny thing is the RC boots in 2G4, there are hundreds of post talking about this.
DJI just seem to be ignoring it
Nice one DJI
If they can get the RC to boot in 2G4 how hard can it be to get the spark to do the same
Another funny thing though is if you have an RC and you do a channel change then connect with otg as the wife changes , then it remembers the setting
2017-8-24
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Just to verify, did you directly connect the mobile device to the drone? Had you tried to reset the WiFi?
2017-8-25
Use props
todoweb
lvl.2
Flight distance : 39035 ft
France

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-8-25 02:23
Just to verify, did you directly connect the mobile device to the drone? Had you tried to reset the WiFi?

I never connected my drone live with the mobile device. I have not tried to reset the wifi, I will try. I have an Asus android 7.1.1 and a Samsung 6.1, same problem. No problem with the iphone.

I can not connect the Asus with the OTG. Because the RC is not power enough to power the Asus (big battery), and it is constantly crashing. On the iphone, it does not charge the mobile device, so no problem.
2017-8-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules