No Image Transmission RTH
4150 20 2017-8-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
R_Adams
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9144 ft
Canada

I am trying to get ready for a shoot. The promise of a new app version and firmware upgrades correcting my concern did not leave a lot of room for the scientific method. Here has been my experience with the upgrade to DJI Go 4.1.7 for iOS 10.3.3 and details on my problem.

History: I experience the in-flight error “No Image Transmission RTH”. I first received this error after the upgrade to DJI Go 4.1.5 (iPhone 7+128/iOS 10.3.3). The firmware was 01.03.0900 for both the aircraft and the controller. I would retain full control of the aircraft. I could fly line of sight and pilot the safe return and landing. I could not see through the camera.

Current: I have completed the upgrade to DJI Go 4.1.7 and firmware 01.03.1000 for both the aircraft and controller. I have also performed a complete start up/ shut down procedure for each battery to ensure that the firmware on each of three batteries is consistent.

Upgrade: I first tried to upgrade from the app. The Geo Fencing database updated first and seemed to complete appropriately.  Using the iPhone, app, and DGI Go alone, concerned me at the 45-minute mark of the upgrade. I consumed down to 58% of the aircraft battery and 68% of the controller. The app continued to display the floating confetti download indication but curiously stalled with a 100% progress bar. I could still control the gimbal in the DJI Go app and so I shut down the upgrade by turning off the aircraft (oops!). I restarted the controller attached to my laptop and used DJI Assistant 2v1.1.2-2 with a micro USB cable provided with the charger. The firmware installation seems to have gone well.

I have confirmed that these are my current versions;

DJI Go 4.1.7
Aircraft 01.03.1000
Controller 01.03.1000
Flight database 01.00.01.05
App database 01.00.01.04
iOS 10.3.3
iPhone 7Plus with 128 Gb memory.

Field Test: The aircraft takes off in GPS-mode and hovers nicely. The gimbal tests correctly. The aircraft tests correctly and confidence is high for a safe and productive flight. I am keeping the Mavic Pro on a strict vertical profile so that I can just descend to recover the aircraft if necessary. In Canada the maximum recreational fight is 90 meters vertical, I now ascend to maximum altitude.

I am capable of capturing a 3 AEB Panorama images in portrait mode before the error occurs, maybe 24 RAW images. I am disappointed that I continue to receive the “No Image Transmission RTH” error. I can add some more comments on what I see and some of the things I have tried.

I noticed that the image on my iPhone turns black and white just before the video is lost. The satellite indicator goes red and there is no indication of a GPS lock.

Troubleshooting: Exploring the possibility that the order in which components of the system are connected or contribute to the issue; I have been using the same power on and connect sequence for every flight. This is; 1/Controller, 2/Aircraft, 3/Micro USB (Thunderbolt already connected to the iPhone in the holder), 4/DJI Go 4.1.7 app, 5/Enter Flight (Camera mode).

When the error occurred and I lost the camera view, I descended to 10 meters and tried to disconnect and reconnect DJI Go App while the aircraft hovered in front of me.

I did this; 1/Closed the Camera View (Flight Mode), 2/Closed the app (view of the phone icons), 3/Disconnected and reconnected the short supplied cable at the micro USB end, 4/Opened the app and observed the blue “Checking the version” banner.  The banner disappeared and I could enter 5/Flight Mode and the Camera View reappeared; I could see through the camera again. The aircraft remained stable through the process.

I ascended again to 90 meters. The error occurred after a short time and while still above my head. I was able to reestablish a camera view from the aircraft by following the same app disconnect and reconnect steps above. This could be repeated with each of my three batteries. Video shot in 4K or 1080p 24/30 FPS seems to not impact the prevalence of the error. Adjusting the controller antennas and location seems not to affect the prevalence of the error.

My hope is that I could describe my issue with enough clarity that we could find some other examples of the issue and zero in on some common denominators. Thank you very much and have a great day, Rick.

2017-8-24
Use props
ImHereToCrash
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

i havent had a single issue with it on returning home within range.. i do have an issue where occusync sometimes needlessly hunting for signal.. like 3 bars on both down and uplink meters and controller appeared to reboot itself but seamless continues... i checked app watched the occusync signal box bounce around where its connecting..  not sure if thats normal or result of the updates..im too new to know.

however more i play with my mavic the less stable app becoming on my S8.  i cleared cache and disable video cache and it still continues to drop in stability more and more.. i cannot wait until i can afford to buy myself a replacement iPad mini.. probably going to have to get crappier mini 2 again since i can find them for under $200 regularly.. but mini 4 does better in sunlight...  
2017-8-24
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Right, if the transmission lost during flight, users could try to relaunch the app to see whether it could regain the connection. But had you also noticed the image transmission interference at that time? Was it green or red of the noise at current channel? If it was red, please choose a stable channel to avoid the interference. And we would suggest flying the drone in different environments for comparison. Besides, the position of antennas matters a bit, please make sure the remote controller’s antennas are positioned parallel to and are pointed towards the aircraft. For your case, could you please also provide us with the screenshot of the mobile device when you lost the transmission signal? Appreciate your help.
2017-8-24
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

ImHereToCrash Posted at 2017-8-24 13:43
i havent had a single issue with it on returning home within range.. i do have an issue where occusync sometimes needlessly hunting for signal.. like 3 bars on both down and uplink meters and controller appeared to reboot itself but seamless continues... i checked app watched the occusync signal box bounce around where its connecting..  not sure if thats normal or result of the updates..im too new to know.

however more i play with my mavic the less stable app becoming on my S8.  i cleared cache and disable video cache and it still continues to drop in stability more and more.. i cannot wait until i can afford to buy myself a replacement iPad mini.. probably going to have to get crappier mini 2 again since i can find them for under $200 regularly.. but mini 4 does better in sunlight...

For the mobile device, S8 is on the support list, and we are working on the users' feedback of app crashing. If you have time same problem, please make sure that the app is up to date, and please provide us with some info if the app keeps crashing. Let me know if you are in the same situation and would like to provide us the info. For iOS device, I would also offer a kindly note that the first generation of iPad mini might have the compatible issue, here is the support list of iOS devices for your reference: iPhone 5s, iPhone SE, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4 and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular.
2017-8-24
Use props
ImHereToCrash
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-8-24 19:45
For the mobile device, S8 is on the support list, and we are working on the users' feedback of app crashing. If you have time same problem, please make sure that the app is up to date, and please provide us with some info if the app keeps crashing. Let me know if you are in the same situation and would like to provide us the info. For iOS device, I would also offer a kindly note that the first generation of iPad mini might have the compatible issue, here is the support list of iOS devices for your reference: iPhone 5s, iPhone SE, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4 and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular.

ill try more testing.. however one consistent issue i have noticed is notifications seem to trigger instability.   however not always the reason it closes or crashes.    i tried airplane mode and it still crashes, i uninstalled several apps i theorized maybe problematic as well, no change.. weirdly however i have found if i change the max width PPI in developer settings to 350, the crashes calm down, but my S8 resets PPI after i reboot and i dont like 350PPI it makes everything HUGE..

my biggest gripe with the S8 is i cannot use the port on the side of the RC!  i tried it and the S8 constantly disconnecting and fighting it it seems like..  it usually connects and disconnects so much it ends up crashing the app.  i have 2 usb-C cables for the mavic (i drunk purchased spare on amazon, yay me) both cause it, but if i use the USB port on the bottom of the RC and the S8 charging cable,  the S8 is way better behaved, but more i use it the less stable it is.  last 5 flights i had i had 2 crashes per flight..  which panics me a lot coming from the spark which if it disconnects/crashes can be a death wish in my experience, its a nervous twitch i cant shake after my spark experience..

i plan on "upgrading" or "sidegrading" to a Ipad mini 2 (again) or mini 4 ...  in my experiance IOS version of dji go 4 is rock solid stable.. actually  im waiting on work to buy another iOS product, but if this continues to degrade in stability for me i may be forced to buy iOS again without spare money which is never good! i hate hitting my credit card inbetween work. i already have $150 worth of gasoline, and $200+ worth of other small stuff for maintaining my farm.... i had to buy on credit im waitng to pay off, because we needed it up at the farm..
2017-8-24
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

ImHereToCrash Posted at 2017-8-24 21:29
ill try more testing.. however one consistent issue i have noticed is notifications seem to trigger instability.   however not always the reason it closes or crashes.    i tried airplane mode and it still crashes, i uninstalled several apps i theorized maybe problematic as well, no change.. weirdly however i have found if i change the max width PPI in developer settings to 350, the crashes calm down, but my S8 resets PPI after i reboot and i dont like 350PPI it makes everything HUGE..

my biggest gripe with the S8 is i cannot use the port on the side of the RC!  i tried it and the S8 constantly disconnecting and fighting it it seems like..  it usually connects and disconnects so much it ends up crashing the app.  i have 2 usb-C cables for the mavic (i drunk purchased spare on amazon, yay me) both cause it, but if i use the USB port on the bottom of the RC and the S8 charging cable,  the S8 is way better behaved, but more i use it the less stable it is.  last 5 flights i had i had 2 crashes per flight..  which panics me a lot coming from the spark which if it disconnects/crashes can be a death wish in my experience, its a nervous twitch i cant shake after my spark experience..

Thanks for the feedback for S8, if the app always crashing in normal use, please provide the info below and I'll forward to our engineers to work on it.
For the side port doesn't work, do you have another device to try with? I suggest firstly excluding the possible factors of the cable, device or the RC itself. If you confirmed that is the port's issue, please send the RC in and we will take care of it.
Back to the crash issue, info needed:
1. Operations before and when the Android device crashes
2. Aircraft model
3. Android version number
4. DJI GO app’s version number (shown under Settings of Me in the app)
5. Crash log, (connect the device to the computer to export it: /sdcard/DJI/dji.go.v4 /LOG/CRASH)
6. Your DJI account
2017-8-25
Use props
ImHereToCrash
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-8-25 01:08
Thanks for the feedback for S8, if the app always crashing in normal use, please provide the info below and I'll forward to our engineers to work on it.
For the side port doesn't work, do you have another device to try with? I suggest firstly excluding the possible factors of the cable, device or the RC itself. If you confirmed that is the port's issue, please send the RC in and we will take care of it.
Back to the crash issue, info needed:

side port works using GF's iPad pro 9.7 also works fine with my GF's iPhone 7.  rock solid nothing intermittent..  S8 totally intermittant using side port.. yes i have 2 usb C cables for the mavic pro and yes tried them both same result..

ill have to pull more info about my S8 and its crashes later on.  but here current info:

operation before and when crashes:  nothing before as i click close all apps before i fly, only DJi go 4 during, caching is disabled.  as a side note, my GF reminded me on this; i swapped SD cards out and ever since i swapped SD cards out for differance card in the S8 Dji Go been getting less and less stable on bottom USB port...even with caching disabled. so i do plan on testing that out and all as well later on..

aircraft model: Mavic Pro; M1P

android version number: 7.0.1

Dji go version number 4.1.5 (but ill check later, phone is in the kitchen)

crash log:  ill attempt to locate it and provide it later

dji account: how do i locate it?  this is my dji account i thought; ImHereToCrash

2017-8-25
Use props
R_Adams
lvl.2
Canada

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-8-24 19:28
Right, if the transmission lost during flight, users could try to relaunch the app to see whether it could regain the connection. But had you also noticed the image transmission interference at that time? Was it green or red of the noise at current channel? If it was red, please choose a stable channel to avoid the interference. And we would suggest flying the drone in different environments for comparison. Besides, the position of antennas matters a bit, please make sure the remote controller’s antennas are positioned parallel to and are pointed towards the aircraft. For your case, could you please also provide us with the screenshot of the mobile device when you lost the transmission signal? Appreciate your help.

Hello DJI Thor

Thank you for your reply.
As it was, I did take a photograph of the controller at the time I received the error. The Mavic Pro is still hovering at 90 meters when I took this image. The antenna are parallel and in the first forward position, this is how they were when the image transmission was lost.

I can confirm that this error occurred at two separate locations yesterday (kilometres apart) in the same way. I have flown successfully many times at both locations without error prior to the DJI Go 4.1.5 upgrade.

The only thing I noticed prior to losing the image transmission was the image went black and white. If you need more information, please tell me what that is and where I would find it and I will endeavour to get you what you need to help me with this problem.

I cannot change phones to see if the error occurs, this is the only phone I have capable of running DJI Go 4.

Can you direct me to a document or video that explains how to choose a channel to avoid interference and I will try that today?

Thank you very much for all of your help! Have a great day, Rick.

2017-8-25
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

ImHereToCrash Posted at 2017-8-25 01:53
side port works using GF's iPad pro 9.7 also works fine with my GF's iPhone 7.  rock solid nothing intermittent..  S8 totally intermittant using side port.. yes i have 2 usb C cables for the mavic pro and yes tried them both same result..

ill have to pull more info about my S8 and its crashes later on.  but here current info:

Thanks for the feedback, looking forward to your crash log, that is essential. Your account is the email account which uses for logging in the app.
2017-8-28
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

R_Adams Posted at 2017-8-25 05:15
Hello DJI Thor

Thanks for the feedback. Checked your picture and found that the drone is 89 meters height above you and the antennas should be a right place according to it. Please try to fly in another place and check the interference before taking off, you can refer to the picture below: HD settings.jpg If the drone still loses the image transmission in a short distance, could you please report this case to our support so we can help to check more about this?
Here's the link to contact us: http://www.dji.com/support.
2017-8-28
Use props
R_Adams
lvl.2
Canada

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-8-28 03:56
Thanks for the feedback. Checked your picture and found that the drone is 89 meters height above you and the antennas should be a right place according to it. Please try to fly in another place and check the interference before taking off, you can refer to the picture below:[view_image]If the drone still loses the image transmission in a short distance, could you please report this case to our support so we can help to check more about this?
Here's the link to contact us: http://www.dji.com/support.

Hello DJI Thor

Yes, 89/90 meters directly above. The controller says 90m and the iPhone says 89m. The red triangle in the map is pointing correctly, the compass is good. It still says In Flight (GPS)

Thank you for your reply and the image. Can you please explain how to read the graph?

The line fluctuates between the baseline, 4km, and 1km. There is also a box indicating -101.0 dBm, do I look at the box area or am I concerned with the entire graph? How much interference is too much? Should the line be flat?

In my image, the icon for HD still shows five bars while I am receiving the error. While I didn't look at the interference graph at the time, would that icon not suggest that there was no interference at the time?

One thread also suggested the short supplied cable as the culprit. I have a new cable on order but don't really believe that is the issue if I can reconnect with the aircraft by disconnecting and reconnecting the app while in flight.
Thank you for your help. Have a great day, Rick.
2017-8-28
Use props
BumblerBee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 639764 ft
Norway

R_Adams Posted at 2017-8-25 05:15
Hello DJI Thor

I got that message yesterday on the latest firmware and latest app. Prior to that, full strength signal, and distance of about 600m with no obstacles in VLOS.

I initiated RTH, but while the AC was returning, I unplugged and re-plugged iPhone into the controller (without closing the app). It reconnected and started showing the image from the AC again.

That is different from the previous time when I experienced app disconnect, when the app completely lost conection to the RC - this time, the app could command RC to initate RTH.

Can't get the logs from the AC, as the latest firmware has a bug disallowing access to the SD cards.
2017-8-28
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

R_Adams Posted at 2017-8-28 04:48
Hello DJI Thor

Yes, 89/90 meters directly above. The controller says 90m and the iPhone says 89m. The red triangle in the map is pointing correctly, the compass is good. It still says In Flight (GPS)

Please refer to the picture below. Sorry for my poor drawing skill. For the connecting cable, I personally think it would be a try. GTScreenshot_20170831_163145.png
2017-8-31
Use props
TroutboyNZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1726486 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Ditch that useless Dji side cable and use the bottom port, I had exactly this same issue a while back, new quality USB cable to bottom port - flight mode, never happened since at all! No more Transmission RTH errors, I actually think it has something to do with poor shielding of the factory cable. I bet you it will make the difference.
2017-8-31
Use props
R_Adams
lvl.2
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-8-31 00:30
Please refer to the picture below. Sorry for my poor drawing skill. For the connecting cable, I personally think it would be a try. [view_image]

Hello

I purchased the Mavic in the spring so that I could be proficient enough to take it on my fall trip. The problems I was having started two weeks before I was due to leave. The cable I ordered didn't arrive in time and without any other ideas to sort this out, I left the drone at home. Maybe I will get a chance to sort this out when I get back but mostly I am really disappointed.

I tried another flight after seeing your illustration. I looked at that screen when I lost image transmission and the line was flat along the bottom of the graph, no peaks at all. So, I read it as there was no interference. That would suggest it is the cable supplied with the drone. Hopefully, the new cable will be delivered once I get home and I will try another test flight then. I still can't believe that the supplied cable decided to have issues right after the upgrade to DJI Go 4.1.5 but I have few other choices.

I learned that the iPhone can take screen shots by holding the sleep button and then pressing the home button at the same time. When I get back I will take screen shots of the graph to show that there is no interference when the image transmission was lost.

Thank you, everyone, who participated in this thread. I appreciate your eagerness to help me solve this problem. Have a great day, Rick.
2017-9-5
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

R_Adams Posted at 2017-9-5 16:04
Hello

I purchased the Mavic in the spring so that I could be proficient enough to take it on my fall trip. The problems I was having started two weeks before I was due to leave. The cable I ordered didn't arrive in time and without any other ideas to sort this out, I left the drone at home. Maybe I will get a chance to sort this out when I get back but mostly I am really disappointed.

Sorry for this case, had you tried to use the original cable of your mobile device with the button port? You can also check. If the issue persists, please contact our support team for a further help. Here’s the link to contact us: http://www.dji.com/support. Thank you so much for your feedback. Hope you will get it sorted out shortly.
2017-9-7
Use props
The Quadfather
lvl.4
Flight distance : 439026 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Same problem for me starting with the new FW 1000 and everything else up to date - this have never happened before this update DJI so get your thinking hats on
2017-9-8
Use props
The Quadfather
lvl.4
Flight distance : 439026 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

The Quadfather Posted at 2017-9-8 19:41
Same problem for me starting with the new FW 1000 and everything else up to date - this have never happened before this update DJI so get your thinking hats on

And the gear - tried to edit but a 2 minute timeline for editing - really?

Iphone 7 plus
Magic pro (Gandalf the grey version)
Latest firmware
Semis to be working with the full USB
Works on iPad mini 4
Flying in different places same result this problem has nothing to do with anything else but bad code
2017-9-8
Use props
$gambino$
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

Yup new fw or new app is causing my s8+ to disconnect totally from apo had to rth with button on controller not really safe! Happenned 5 times...never happened when i was on .700
2017-9-8
Use props
$gambino$
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

I will add i was using bottom port . Tried side port to. Even worse
2017-9-8
Use props
AndyNB
lvl.1
Flight distance : 121040 ft
United Kingdom

Same problem with Magic Pro.

App: 4.2.22
Aircraft 01.04.0400
PFS Database:  01.00.01.09
BFS Database:  01.00.01.07

Was 100% stable until recent update. Now happens all the time. Re-launching the app during the flight brings it back but makes the drone un-safe/usable.
2018-7-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules