Battery Firmware Update
7628 13 2017-8-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Honolulu115
New
United States

Upgraded to 600 latest firmware for the drone (and controller too), one battery is okay. However Spark would not allow me to fly with the second battery citing needing firmware update. Then again, DJI GI 4 did not complain about "inconsistent firmware" with the second battery, nor prompt me for battery firmware update. How do I force a battery firmware update in DJI GO 4?
2017-8-24
Use props
Jimmers
lvl.4
Flight distance : 49623 ft
United States

I had to use my computer and connect the spark via DJI Assistant in order to update my 2nd and 3rd battery.  
2017-8-24
Use props
birddawgg
lvl.1
United States

Being completely new to this backwards RC experience can you explain a little further about DJI assistant and using the computer please?
2017-8-24
Use props
Nikon 1
lvl.4
United States

I did the Spark upgrade this morning, with the AC, RC and (5) batteries.  The last (2) Batteries took awhile to recognize the  "inconsistent firmware" issue and Go4 never showed the update screens, but the Spark restarted after the middle two battery LEDs stayed on for a minute or two.  I chalked it up to updating (5) batteries at once.
2017-8-24
Use props
birddawgg
lvl.1
United States

I see, I only have two batteries one works the other ........................................................
2017-8-24
Use props
Ace Flysome
lvl.1
Flight distance : 37671 ft
United States

birddawgg Posted at 2017-8-24 18:23
I see, I only have two batteries one works the other ........................................................

there is firmware on each battery and the spark does not push the new firmware down to them. so you have to update the firmware on each battery, which means powering the spark on with each battery and going through the update process. I recommend using the DJI assistant 2 application for the computer. way easier and it recognizes the inconsistency between drone and battery firmware much easier.  I only ever update using the computer as it's just an easier experience all around.
2017-8-24
Use props
birddawgg
lvl.1
United States

Thanks for the advice, is there a specific DJI assistant2 application for the spark? I down loaded it but the only thing showing was an Inspire
2017-8-24
Use props
birddawgg
lvl.1
United States

I'm sorry a Phantom, also how do you connect?  USB to Micro USB cord to the computer?
2017-8-24
Use props
birddawgg
lvl.1
United States

Also I'm not using and apple device. PC
2017-8-24
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

open the DJI Assistant 2 app, connect the spark to the pc and turn it on, the app will recognise the spark and bring up a spark icon, click on this and enter the app.
2017-8-24
Use props
Ace Flysome
lvl.1
Flight distance : 37671 ft
United States

lannes Posted at 2017-8-24 19:28
open the DJI Assistant 2 app, connect the spark to the pc and turn it on, the app will recognise the spark and bring up a spark icon, click on this and enter the app.

ya, the program auto detects the drone connected by the usb cable.
2017-8-24
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

birddawgg Posted at 2017-8-24 18:54
I'm sorry a Phantom, also how do you connect?  USB to Micro USB cord to the computer?

Here is a video for your reference.
2017-8-25
Use props
birddawgg
lvl.1
United States

Thanks guys, I guess I was over thinking it a bit. I got everything up dated..
2017-8-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Please export the black box data at your most convenience, then upload to Dropbox or Goggle Driver and post the link here, we will forward to engineers for analysis, thank you.
Here is the tutorial video for your reference:
2017-8-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules