Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Repair Poll
1628 28 2017-8-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
QuadKid
Second Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

Just Curious as to how many people bought their Mavics during what periods, and have had to send their AC back to DJI for hardware & electronic issues ( excludes accidents / update problems )
Single SelectVote, Total 116 people participate in voting

Voting has ended

14.66% (17)
14.66% (17)
25.86% (30)
44.83% (52)
Your user group with no voting privileges
2017-8-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Stress cracks.
2017-8-24
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Might it be useful to see how many people purchased, when that have not yet had to send anything in for repair?
2017-8-24
Use props
Tekameleon
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1308291 ft
Canada

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-8-24 16:10
Might it be useful to see how many people purchased when that have not yet had to send anything in for repair?

Exactly.
Perhaps rephrase your poll question (& title)... otherwise you're likely to get votes from people who have NOT had to send their Mavics back for repair.
2017-8-24
Use props
pixy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2418684 ft
Japan

機体の不具合が、いつ頃の生産ロットで発生しているか、知りたいのですか?
2017-8-24
Use props
RobDownUnder
lvl.4
Flight distance : 103609 ft
Australia

No problems todate.
2017-8-25
Use props
DALLASFREAK
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1074957 ft
United States

No issues yet!!!! with 296,885 ft flying 46 flights
2017-8-25
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Purchased mine in early December of 2016 from a private owner(brand new never registered) and no problems so far.
2017-8-25
Use props
Car147
lvl.3
Flight distance : 180351 ft
United Kingdom

Nothing till yesterday, now sending the RC Controller in for a noisy buzzing sound from the fan when running.
2017-8-25
Use props
Mari
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1308780 ft
Netherlands

I had a [barometer] disconnected-message... MP was send to DJI via my reseller, within 10 working days I could collect my replaced MP at the reseller...
2017-8-25
Use props
djiuser_ulaEVDL
New
United States

My Mavic unit was unable to update out of the box. Purchased on August 6th. As of today I am still waiting for DJI to sent me a new replacement unit. Today DJI told me it would 1-2 before then can tell me anything about my replacement unit -- unacceptable! I have never seen customer service so bad than what DJI has for customer service. At this rate I will be waiting over a month to find out if I will get the Mavic back or a new replacement unit. I am trying to find if I can get a full refund ($1,300 is not something I will walk away). I will then buy another brand drone -- maybe a GoPro. All DJI had to do is send me out a new unit when I sent mine in and it would have been great. Instead DJI sends me a ground service label for UPS that takes over a week to reach DJI in California. Now they have had it for a week and telling me to wait 1-2 week more!
2017-8-25
Use props
Mcflying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 243753 ft
Netherlands

one folding leg was 2 cm off
2017-8-25
Use props
GroTToFlyeR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1148937 ft
United States

Are we counting batteries as well?
2017-8-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

djiuser_ulaEVDL Posted at 2017-8-25 10:32
My Mavic unit was unable to update out of the box. Purchased on August 6th. As of today I am still waiting for DJI to sent me a new replacement unit. Today DJI told me it would 1-2 before then can tell me anything about my replacement unit -- unacceptable! I have never seen customer service so bad than what DJI has for customer service. At this rate I will be waiting over a month to find out if I will get the Mavic back or a new replacement unit. I am trying to find if I can get a full refund ($1,300 is not something I will walk away). I will then buy another brand drone -- maybe a GoPro. All DJI had to do is send me out a new unit when I sent mine in and it would have been great. Instead DJI sends me a ground service label for UPS that takes over a week to reach DJI in California. Now they have had it for a week and telling me to wait 1-2 week more!

Sorry to have kept you waiting. May I have the case number? We will help to look into the status and get you an update soon, thank you.
2017-8-25
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

No hardware issues with mine, purchased mid December 2016.
2017-8-29
Use props
jkuo
lvl.1

United States

Gimbal Overload.
Mavic started smoking.
2017-8-29
Use props
QuadKid
Second Officer
United States

GroTToFlyeR Posted at 2017-8-25 12:46
Are we counting batteries as well?

Yes if it was bad right out of the box.
2017-8-30
Use props
Bigga J
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1493 ft
United Kingdom

Had mine only a few weeks .... I think I feel quite lucky compared to those that have had issues right from the get go.
I have been flying drones for several years from toy stuff to my first 'real' drone being the Phantom 2 then onto racing drones, Yuneec Q500+ and now the Mavic .... have t say I cannot believe the difference in flight performance over the previous DJI product I had.
2017-8-30
Use props
WolfgangStiller
lvl.4
Flight distance : 599416 ft
United States

Why is the earliest date in November? I ordered back on the announcement date.
2017-8-30
Use props
djiuser_ulaEVDL
New
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-25 18:46
Sorry to have kept you waiting. May I have the case number? We will help to look into the status and get you an update soon, thank you.

I am still waiting on DJI to send a replacement unit. If I can send a personal message I will to provide the case number. In any event, I am not waiting much longer for DJI to act. I have request a full refund and that was denied by DJI. My next step will be to reverse the charges on my credit card. I received defective goods and now DJI will not send me a replacement unit. They have told me there is no time estimate on when a replacement can or will be sent out. Honestly, you can look into the status, but unless you can actually mail out a new unit to me, a status update is worthless.
2017-8-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

jkuo Posted at 2017-8-29 19:36
Gimbal Overload.
Mavic started smoking.

Sorry to hear that, have you contacted our support to send in the drone?
2017-8-31
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_ulaEVDL Posted at 2017-8-30 11:39
I am still waiting on DJI to send a replacement unit. If I can send a personal message I will to provide the case number. In any event, I am not waiting much longer for DJI to act. I have request a full refund and that was denied by DJI. My next step will be to reverse the charges on my credit card. I received defective goods and now DJI will not send me a replacement unit. They have told me there is no time estimate on when a replacement can or will be sent out. Honestly, you can look into the status, but unless you can actually mail out a new unit to me, a status update is worthless.

I have sent you a PM, could you please provide me the case number? Or did I reply your post in other thread? Sorry that I cannot find the records.
We need to check more info for further assistance with the case number, thanks for your understanding.
2017-8-31
Use props
Moleman
lvl.2
Flight distance : 119419 ft
United Kingdom

I've just sent mine back after 7 hours flying time. The internal fan has stopped working and one update failed because it did a thermal shutdown in the middle. It has been OK therwise but I have been paraniod of it shutting down mid-flight. Just fingers crossed now they accept it as a warrantee isssue and don't try and use my care refresn on what is an internal fault.
2017-9-1
Use props
QuadKid
Second Officer
United States

WolfgangStiller Posted at 2017-8-30 11:07
Why is the earliest date in November? I ordered back on the announcement date.

Just figured it was a good starting point, when did you actually receive it?
2017-9-1
Use props
WolfgangStiller
lvl.4
Flight distance : 599416 ft
United States

QuadKid Posted at 2017-9-1 00:38
Just figured it was a good starting point, when did you actually receive it?

Got mine on November 26th but ordered on announcement date (late Sept as I recall).
2017-9-1
Use props
Tealk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 479613 ft
Romania

no problems for me from 02.2017
2017-9-1
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

I purchased first day and recently had the compass fail
2017-9-2
Use props
ShadyDealer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 983428 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

pixy Posted at 2017-8-24 17:47
機体の不具合が、いつ頃の生産ロットで発生しているか、知りたいのですか?

Couldn’t agree more....
2017-9-2
Use props
PHL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1044062 ft
Australia

Mine has worked great. Only repair reason was operator error (crash), so can't complain.
2017-9-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules