Please Help!!! ESC Status Error - Replaced everything!!
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
brandX006
lvl.1
Flight distance : 369321 ft
United States

I won a police auction for a used Phantom 3 Pro, as is, without a controller and missing a motor.  I went ahead and ordered a new motor to replace the missing motor.  I have a Phantom 4 controller that I connected to the Phantom 3 Pro.  Everything seems to connect fine...I upgraded the firmware...there is a image from the camera on my phone...but as soon as I attempt to activate the rotors I get am immediate ESC status error.  So after some research I decided to purchase a new mainboard on ebay for $169.  The mainboard came in and the the board looked as if it were brand new.  The solder points for the motors appeared as though nothing had ever been soldered there before.  I installed the new board and soldered all 26 wires in place.  I turn the P3P on, it warms up, I have the green GPS Ready bar at the top...I try to do the auto take-off and the same ESC status error pops up....was getting really frustrated at this point.  I ordered 4 new motors....I then desoldered the 12 motor wires and soldered in 4 new motors.  Same ********** ESC status error message.  I'm pretty sure that is everything that can be replaced in the drone.  The rest of the stuff I can unplug and the drone should activate.....so I am at a loss as to what could be happening here.  I made sure I ordered the correct board and motors so that is not the issue.....could it be the fact that I am using a Phantom 4 controller?  Anyone have any ideas?  A friend is bringing over her Phantom 3 Pro later this week and I am going to try and use her controller to rule that out but if anyone already knows the answer please tell me.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

2017-8-24
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

It is not recommended to use a Phantom 4 controller with Phantom 3 Adv drone. To ensure the safety and performance, we'd recommend you to send it in for evaluation and get it repaired by engineers.
2017-8-24
Use props
brandX006
lvl.1
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-8-24 18:39
It is not recommended to use a Phantom 4 controller with Phantom 3 Adv drone. To ensure the safety and performance, we'd recommend you to send it in for evaluation and get it repaired by engineers.

It's a Phantom 3 Pro.....is the Phantom 4 controller compatible?  could it somehow be causing the ESC Status Error?

Thanks
2017-8-24
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

brandX006 Posted at 2017-8-24 19:45
It's a Phantom 3 Pro.....is the Phantom 4 controller compatible?  could it somehow be causing the ESC Status Error?

Thanks

Sorry, it is not compatible with the Phantom 3 pro as well. For the ESC status Error, I still recommend you send it in for evaluation and get it repaired by engineers.
2017-8-24
Use props
brandX006
lvl.1
United States

Seriously???  DJI engineers is the only people with the answer to this problem??  I know there are a lot of smart people on these forums and can probably tell me exactly what the problem is without even thinking about it....If you know the solution, please tell me.
2017-8-25
Use props
brandX006
lvl.1
United States

I thought there were really talented people on these forums.  Surely I'm not the only person that has had an ESC status error before.  All the motors and the mainboard have been replaced.  I am just using a Phantom 4 controller (which seems to work perfectly until I try to start the motors).  As soon as I try to start the motors or try to auto take off I get an ESC status error message.  
2017-8-28
Use props
brandX006
lvl.1
United States

I wish someone here knows if using a P4 controller with a P3P will cause an ESC status error when trying to start up the motors......anybody???????
2017-9-2
Use props
fansf770c66d
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1040 ft
United States

I have tried to post a problem but I can't: Yesterday I flew my P3 advanced after a few weeks and it was fine, after doing so I downloaded the latetess firmware for the controller and now I cannot connect to the Phantom and the controller beeps. I do a calibration and it stops but will not connect to the bird. Also, I cannot change the height and distance restriction.
2017-9-4
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Probably won't help you, but I do know this much.  When you start replacing boards and such, some require calibration to the drone. DJI will not even let an authorized dealer who
does repairs have the equipment to do this.
2017-9-4
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

brandX006 Posted at 2017-8-24 19:45

Thanks

ESC error is usually the result of a bad IMU board. Ultimately, a tech always has to look at these issues to resolve.
2017-9-14
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

When you replace certain boards, they must be calibrated to the drone itself.  DJI does not allow the equipment necessary for this to leave their hands.   

Sorry for duplicate post
2017-9-14
Use props
djiuser_eVYXRv4tOQfQ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 39 ft

Hi
I changed my phantom 3 professional drone mother board.i replaced with new board bought from AliExpress.after  installation gps is ready go fly with auto takeoff and same esc error happened. I restarted many times.esc error.... I'm sure that I buyed phantom 3 professional 2312A board whivh compactable with 2312A motors.please help me to get out these issue
Screenshot_2019-10-05-18-54-01-928_dji.pilot.png
IMG_20191005_160438.jpg
2019-10-5
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft

The P3A / Pro are known to have ESC errors on some and DJI actually created a FW get around for this ...

Latest FW is 1.11.20 but for those with ESC errors .... DJI will on request supply FW 1.11.30
2019-10-7
Use props
Ben Mason
lvl.4
Flight distance : 610614 ft
  • >>>

djiuser_eVYXRv4tOQfQ Posted at 10-5 15:04
Hi
I changed my phantom 3 professional drone mother board.i replaced with new board bought from AliExpress.after  installation gps is ready go fly with auto takeoff and same esc error happened. I restarted many times.esc error.... I'm sure that I buyed phantom 3 professional 2312A board whivh compactable with 2312A motors.please help me to get out these issue

Geez that board looks a mess, i'd check it over, make sure you didn't miss-place some solder, also check the continuity of your motor connections(if you can).
2019-10-7
Use props
Geebax
Captain

brandX006 Posted at 2017-9-2 18:41
I wish someone here knows if using a P4 controller with a P3P will cause an ESC status error when trying to start up the motors......anybody???????

When you soldered the motor wires to the main board, did you carefully scrape the enamel off the motor wires first? Many people are not aware the wire is enamel covered.
2019-10-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules