Battery storage while & after charging
1172 6 2015-3-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Christian
lvl.2

Germany

Hi folks, due to some danger with lipo batteries, i was wondering how you guys charge and store your batteries?
Are you use special lipo-bags while charging and storing? What are your precautions when you are travelling by plane?

Or are the DJI batteries build different from the common lipo's?

Cheers, Christian

2015-3-30
Use props
BIGFOOT
lvl.1
Flight distance : 735902 ft
Thailand

Christian
I just travelled from Sydney to Bangkok with 6 x TB47 and 2 phantom batteries,all of them all at around 25% charged,I did make sure I carried them in Lipo bags to be safe,also no battery in the inspire
I had made a custom carry on bag using an ANTLER GARMENT bag,which the inspire fits perfect and can be carried over your shoulder,the bag will fit the inspire and 2 controllers,I put all the batteries in a seperate bag away from the bird etc
All this passed through customs X-ray without even I look in
Hope this helps
2015-3-30
Use props
leoamartinez
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1602986 ft
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

Could you post pictures?
2015-3-30
Use props
Christian
lvl.2

Germany

HI Bigfoot, thanks for your feedback. This is the way i´ll travel in future - just build a b&w case for my batteries.
The other question is what people do when they charge their batteries? Also are there any precautions when you store your batteries for a longer period - like 2 weeks or more? Do you put your batteries in a special place?

Cheers, Christian
2015-3-31
Use props
huppeencoyote69
lvl.2

Netherlands

After flying I charge all batteries up to 50% and store them at a cool place.If I go out for flying charge them to 100%.Need to say that I have 4 chargers to charge all 8 batteries fast.
As for a cool place I store them almost always in the fridge .Works great for me
2015-3-31
Use props
huppeencoyote69
lvl.2

Netherlands

After flying I charge all batteries up to 50% and store them at a cool place.If I go out for flying charge them to 100%.Need to say that I have 4 chargers to charge all 8 batteries fast.
As for a cool place I store them almost always in the fridge .Works great for me
2015-3-31
Use props
Gatorone30
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1145489 ft
United States

What happens when you take them out of the fridge? It would seem that you would have a condensation issue.
2015-3-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules