What's needed for AVL58 FPV on a Phantom 2?
2188 5 2015-3-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
santivin
lvl.1

Argentina

Hi, I'm planning to buy a Phantom 2 with a Zenmuse H4-3D for my GoPro Hero 4. I'm curious about what's the whole kit of products I have to buy for a FPV solution.
I already bought the DJI AVL58 Kit, but I've seen many videos on the internet that says I have to buy a LiPo battery as well (wich one?, how many?). I also know I have to get a cable to connect my GoPro to the AVL58.
What else is needed? Is it possible to buy a special FPV monitor to avoid buying a battery? Do you have any tutorial for connecting the FPV Kit to my drone?

Thank you very much and excuse me for my english
2015-3-30
Use props
smee56
lvl.3
Flight distance : 18655 ft
Australia

I would suggest also getting the FPV Hub for the P2, it means no soldering and plug and play. You also have the option of the IOSD to display other information if you need it.

As for the screen you can get some that have a battery and receiver built in. for example http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyki ... _LED_Backlight.html

2015-3-30
Use props
santivin
lvl.1

Argentina

smee56@gmail.co Posted at 2015-3-31 12:55
I would suggest also getting the FPV Hub for the P2, it means no soldering and plug and play. You al ...

Great! Thank you very much. Do you know if the Zenmuse H4 is compatible with the AVL58?
And also, is there any monitor with a built-in battery but with no receiver? I'm asking this since the monitor you showed me is too expensive and I already have a receiver.
Thanks
2015-3-31
Use props
wazzupbeckham
lvl.1

Hong Kong

I'm new to FPV, how does 3rd party ones compare to DJI's

3rd party transmitter
2015-3-31
Use props
smee56
lvl.3
Flight distance : 18655 ft
Australia

The DJI AVL58 is 500mW, i can get  just over 1.5 kms before it drops. Third party ones can offer increased output so you could go further out.  Another thing that matters is the antennas you use. I use Circular Polarised on the transmitter and receiver and supplement a  panel one when i need it. For general applications the AVL58 should meet most peoples needs.

They have 2 versions, a standard and a lite. If you have a monitor or goggles with a RX built in you only need to buy the Tx  (saves a little money)
2015-4-1
Use props
wazzupbeckham
lvl.1

Hong Kong

smee56@gmail.co Posted at 2015-4-1 16:27
The DJI AVL58 is 500mW, i can get  just over 1.5 kms before it drops. Third party ones can offer inc ...

awesome. thanks for your reply.

I'm just concerned about the stability of the 3rd party ones because i'm too scared to fly too far anyways. of course price is also a factor.
2015-4-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules