lvl.1

United States

Here is my current FPV setup.
Phantom 2 with Zenmuse H3-3d Gimbal going to GoPro 4 Black
Anti interference board
FPV hub
No solder cable to to hub from Phantom
iOSD in the hub
AVL58 Lite tx with antenna: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product ... 5_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Rx is a 32 channel Black Pearl Diversity monitor

I get a signal, but it is totally useless in the field! Works for about 10 meters, then the screen goes to B&W and is full of lines. The telemetry info is coming up just fine.

I've tried rearranging everything but it's somewhat limited. I have the iOSD velcroed to the side and the transmitter is coming way off the back, so I don't understand. Is it a matter of the antennas? I've tried a few different combinations and the signal is frankly unusable. I'm thinking about just selling the entire thing off. Any good options for me to look into?

----

EDIT - I actaully have the AVL 58 LITE model, not sure if that makes a difference. It is connected through the FPV hub.
2015-3-30
Use props
pawel2m
lvl.3
Flight distance : 57070 ft
  • >>>
Poland

AVL58 lite is very weak, but 10 meters it way to small distance. If you ever managed to power it on w/o antenna you could burn the TX. Otherwise there is no explanation for such a weak signal, assuming you are on right Band and right channel.
2015-3-31
Use props
acenothing
lvl.4
Flight distance : 112185 ft
United States

It says the they are "unavailable".  What is the point?
2015-3-31
Use props
acenothing
lvl.4
Flight distance : 112185 ft
United States

"Unavailable".  What was the point?
2015-3-31
Use props
remsy
lvl.1

United States

I just wanted to show the antennas I'm using, to see if that would have an influence.

If the tx was burned out, would it still work on short distances? I didn't run it without an antenna to the best of my knowledge, I put it on right away.

What do you think a good alternative tx would be for the bird then? I realize some of the interference seems to be coming from the RC controller, when I turn it off the unit works better.
2015-3-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules