3901 9 2017-8-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jvenaas
lvl.1
Flight distance : 381309 ft
Norway

Hi,

I have about 30 flights with no problem. On my last flight, on my way back home to land, i got compass error and it exited GPS-mode. This was out in the wild, no power lines nearby, no people nearby, phone and smartwatch in flight mode, and flew with RC with ipad mini 2. This was my first flight today, and about 5 min in. It started to turn and drift, but i still had control over it, it lasted about 30 sec, but it felt like eternity. What happened?

http://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/LA0YI38KGLTOGTSB2IG2/

Got the latest firmware and dji go 4.
2017-8-25
Use props
lfkiter
lvl.2
Flight distance : 111942 ft
United States

Good job on recovering in ATTI mode, while it can be scary, you have to know how to fly these little guys when they lose GPS.  I've had this same exact thing happen a few times (before latest firmware).  Before I updated to the latest firmware, I had calibrated the IMU and compass, even though I wasn't prompted to.  It's the one and only time I've ever calibrated either one, and I've had 3 test flights and I'm getting 0 errors.  I used to get that Yaw error quite a bit, I think it has to do with the compass being off a tad.  My last flight records were perfect.  Maybe try that and give it another test flight.
2017-8-25
Use props
Jvenaas
lvl.1
Norway

Just calibrated the imu and compass and flew a couple of batteries with no issues. First time calibrating the compass btw.
2017-8-25
Use props
fans56cfd429
lvl.2
Flight distance : 69633 ft
Denmark

Hello

We have to talk more about these errors. I found "Yaw error", "compass error" and "magnetic field interference" in several logs (mine and others) and not always all of them at the same time.
Does anybody knows, what the reasons for these are? Which implausibilities are leading to these errors?
The longer the more I think its not always external influence, but also software hickups.
A week ago I flew at Tempelhofer Feld in Berlin, an old airfield. It was not possible with two attemps to fly without errors. I got "magnetic interference...." and it changed to OPTI.I think thats the next best after P-GPS, because its stabilized by ground sensors. So if you exit P-GPS mode, reduce height in order to get OPTI Mode as soon as possible. Somehow 7m? But I can see why this happens. A lot of concrete from second world war, radar, in the middle of the city......if something is sensitive, I can understand.

A few days ago I flew on Bornholm/Hammershus. Heavy winds (20-25km/h).
http://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/k9jxg2rifkdmfsc90h01/
Yaw error and than magnetic interference...... That was critical, heavy wind, cliff, sea. I managed to land and it got the P-GPS back after a while, but not funny.
Somehow an explanation could be, that the interference comes from all the rocks. But honestly. If also rocks at the end of the world can cause this issues, where should we fly than? Or it has something to do in combination with the heavy winds and there is a bad plausibilisation of the sensors done by DJI, which leads me to my latest event.

Yesterday I flew on the beach in Bornholm. No city around, no streets, no rocks, no obvious radar...... island, only heavy winds! I flew one battery empty without any problems.
http://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/79na42vw2kh03rgmoh4e/     ...........Perfect
Second battery:
http://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/owgllqo7j8abkf9x55xp/         Only Yaw error, no interference. What should that be? Heavy winds?
Than I landed, switched off everything, switched all on again, I do not even start the Go App newly and flew again.
http://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/lcp8i5xugnjyguil2k6d/  Perfect, same place, same battery. No problems.

So, what is it? Interference? Yes, sometimes. Sometimes not. I think the whole sensor system and the plausibility checks needs to be more robust to avoid unnecessary errors and to have a better failsafe behavior.

Thanks
BTW: Newest firmware since release, never calibrated compass or IMU because drone doesn't told me to do it until now.

2017-8-26
Use props
Jvenaas
lvl.1
Norway

There where also a lot of wind on my flight, maybe a combination of high wind speed + sport mode confuses the imu/compass
2017-8-26
Use props
Pirikitto
lvl.2
Flight distance : 183658 ft
United States

fans56cfd429 Posted at 2017-8-26 01:17
Hello

We have to talk more about these errors. I found "Yaw error", "compass error" and "magnetic field interference" in several logs (mine and others) and not always all of them at the same time.

Interesting, I saw that in the second flight you have a GEO WARNING at the beginning, what is the cause?
2017-8-26
Use props
Jojo10
lvl.2
Flight distance : 69633 ft
Denmark

Hello Pirikitto

You are right, but I do not understand why. I startet three times at the same place. Only once I got this message.
According to the DJI No Fly zone map, I'm currently in an overlap between two Enhanced Warning zones and one warning zone. But anyway, sometimes I got the message and sometimes not.

Bye
2017-8-26
Use props
gazebushka
lvl.1

Russia

Got the same yaw error today on the beach which resulted into a crash into trees, two broken propellers and sand getting into the motors.

No errors on take off, then on minute ~3 drone drifted a little bit, but I corrected it with joysticks and it seemed to work ok after.
Then on minute 10 it just went crazy and rushed into the trees – as I see now in the logs there was the same Yaw/compass error at that time.

Haven't done the calibration, unfortunately, and I did see some compass errors popping up on previous flights.
Hoped that it would be fine since everything was green on takeoff, but well, it wasn't.

Really hope DJI will shed some light on this issue, because now I'm a bit afraid to flight again, even after I finally do the calibration thing. Assuming that my Spark will still fly after the sand attack

PS Can't post the flight record URL as I don't have permissions for that (points or something).
2017-8-27
Use props
Hankmeister
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19465 ft
United States

I also have had a lot of compass and yaw errors. I did MANY compass calibrations when requested over  three days, then I had no error for next day, no confidence in flying. Did firmware update a couple days ago and no errors since. here is log when things were not so good.

my log showing error.......not much help in finding why the errors
http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/5JNW1CVI0UGM01F8LR40/
2017-8-27
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

gazebushka Posted at 2017-8-27 09:31
Got the same yaw error today on the beach which resulted into a crash into trees, two broken propellers and sand getting into the motors.

No errors on take off, then on minute ~3 drone drifted a little bit, but I corrected it with joysticks and it seemed to work ok after.

Sorry for the crash, I would recommend you send the drone in for diagnosis and repair, please refer to the link below to contact the Support to start a case, we'll submit a data analysis for you. http://www.dji.com/support
2017-8-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules