Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
IflewbyU2
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1066076 ft
  • >>>
United States

IflewbyU2 Posted at 2017-8-31 05:07
Thanks for sharing this, I'm updating my app right now, will report if this fixes the bug. I speculated just yesterday that a new App or firmware were right around the corner, because I always experience annoying problems that just happen to pop-up right before a new software release.

Installing the new (released yesterday) DJI Go 4.1.9, cured the problem, no more altitude or distance restrictions after 8 flights with the new Go 4. I predicted a new Go App or firmware update a day earlier in this forum. Too bad DJI always has to mess with us before releasing new software, so we are sure to immediately comply and install the update, but that is what they seem to do.
2017-9-1
Use props
Sparky_17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

Flew yesterday without any flight height or distance issues.  Even 5 minutes into my first battery, the app asked that I update the NFZ which I did.  No issues with the next two flights either.
2017-9-1
Use props
GuitarFlyer47
lvl.2
Flight distance : 38747 ft
United States

Still having this max altitude and distance issue.  I landed, rebooted everything, re-calibrated the compass and everything worked fine.   It happened again with a second flight, I just re-calibrated the compass and the max flight issue didn't show.   Definitely a software bug.
2017-10-14
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
France

GuitarFlyer47 Posted at 2017-10-14 13:52
Still having this max altitude and distance issue.  I landed, rebooted everything, re-calibrated the compass and everything worked fine.   It happened again with a second flight, I just re-calibrated the compass and the max flight issue didn't show.   Definitely a software bug.

No, there is no bug. Please go through this checklist carefully. I am optimistic that you'll find the solution:

1. Are Spark, RC and Battery on the latest firmware?
2. Is the No Fly Zones database up to date?
3. Have you re-logged in with an DJI account within the App while online and not logged out thereafter? (permanent online conection is not required after first log in)
4. Have you been connected at least once online with DJI server after a firmware update?
5. Did you have a stable GPS link at the moment of take off?
If any of the above requirements is not met, an automatic limitation of flight altitude and distance applies.
2017-10-15
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-10-15 00:20
No, there is no bug. Please go through this checklist carefully. I am optimistic that you'll find the solution:

1. Are Spark, RC and Battery on the latest firmware?

Here you go. Sometimes the app will record the last position and produce the error message. Flashing the map by connecting the Internet can help to solve the problem.
It is necessary to check the details and do a preflight check.
2017-10-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules