DJI, are you working on a rollback version firmware?
4812 71 2017-8-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SkyCamera
lvl.1
United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-8-27 17:04
I think the simple answer is that DJI will more like go forward, fixing the issues that people are having.

I can't even re-install the same firmware. can DJI provide a way to do force upgrade with the same version?
2017-8-27
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Fabrice57 Posted at 2017-8-27 19:19
Yes, normaly i am signed in (in both Smartphone devices). My flights data are also sync with dji server. Including the flights yesterday.

Aloha Fabrice,

Good, sometimes we forget to ask the obvious.  At least you have that problem covered!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-8-28
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

gimmeabreak Posted at 2017-8-27 19:42
Took a 600 mile trip last week to film a rafting event. 2 separate Phantom3Pros, 2 separate tablets. Loaded the latest firmware before the trip (August 2017). Got there and BOTH birds would not fly beyond "Beginner Mode" range. WTFdji, I've been flying your birds since Phantom 1 in 2013 and 8 birds since. Too late for that trip, but I'm sure you have a solution?

Aloha gimme,

So, did you figure out about the registration update requirement?  If you had signed in to the DJI servers (one time only), your birds would have been able to fly.  Or is this a different problem?

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-8-28
Use props
Raimo247
New
Flight distance : 1447205 ft
Finland

Cetacean Posted at 2017-8-28 02:22
Aloha gimme,

So, did you figure out about the registration update requirement?  If you had signed in to the DJI servers (one time only), your birds would have been able to fly.  Or is this a different problem?

So is there a solution for the forced "beginner-mode"?

I have been struggling with it since GO APP last two updates. Last one working with i5 was 3.1.13 and 3.1.14 broke the joy of flying.
2017-8-28
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Pvt Pilot '79 Posted at 2017-8-26 21:06
Susan, if it's not a firmware problem then why is it after I rolled back to version 602 (without DJI's help) on my P4 that it flies perfectly again? Also, there are many with this problem and you say "not many?" I don't understand. We would like to have our Phantoms flying properly again and no one from DJI is giving us any help. Why is that?

@Pvt Pilot '79  There are several Phantom series, and please do not mix the drone types. I believe we are talking of P3P here.

@Fabrice57, As Cetacean mentioned, variable tests will be helpful to confirm the exact reason. Corresponding solutions will be offered according to the test results. Hopefully we can work it together.

@Agent7837@wntmldrs_belgiu Are the drones repaired in DJI official service center? If yes, please tell me the case number, I'd like to check it.

2017-8-28
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

SkyCamera Posted at 2017-8-27 14:39
My case is even worse.

after upgrading my P3P to 01.11.0020. my RC link is down.

I would recommend you to begin a new post to describe your main problem so that we can help you in a timely manner.
2017-8-28
Use props
Fabrice57
lvl.2
Flight distance : 157083 ft
France

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-8-28 02:38
@Pvt Pilot '79  There are several Phantom series, and please do not mix the drone types. I believe we are talking of P3P here.

@Fabrice57, As Cetacean mentioned, variable tests will be helpful to confirm the exact reason. Corresponding solutions will be offered according to the test results. Hopefully we can work it together.

Hello, for sure we can work together, not a problem at all.

Right now, my issue is located with using a Google Nexus 5 as device. With the app dji GO 3.1.10 (android) i have the video freeze and this alert messages.

I will now test again a flight with a longer period with the P9 Huewai device.

Soon new feedbacks here.

Fabrice
2017-8-28
Use props
Fabrice57
lvl.2
France

So, back from a test flight from 9 minutes (already sync with dji cloud).

I flight on the same place like yesterday, at home, just on place and took some pictures.
No image transmission error messages, no image freeze, nothing. Just experience some drift of the P3P
in the air, but no more or less (hard to say) as my others flights (also with older firmware and software level).

Does this mean that the Nexus 5 is no anymore powerfull enough ?
Or mean that android dji Go app version 3.1.x need much more ressources like the older version ?
Or something in other relation ?

Fabrice
2017-8-28
Use props
Fabrice57
lvl.2
France

Cetacean Posted at 2017-8-28 02:18
Aloha Fabrice,

Good, sometimes we forget to ask the obvious.  At least you have that problem covered!

Yes, this is a starter, but we need to figure out why issues with the Nexus 5 and no issues with the Huawei P9 ! Is this the same issue like many other users, having a device with different capacity, and on the end, issues with the usage of the Phantom ?
2017-8-28
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Raimo247 Posted at 2017-8-28 02:30
So is there a solution for the forced "beginner-mode"?

I have been struggling with it since GO APP last two updates. Last one working with i5 was 3.1.13 and 3.1.14 broke the joy of flying.

Aloha Raimo,

Have you signed-out of your DJI GO app, restarted and then signed-in again.  It is real simple and one-time-only but it lets DJI know you are still a real, living person so the records can be updated.  

Apparently, FPV drones and other remote control aircraft are being used in terrorism and world governments are trying to get a handle on who flies what where ever they can.  DJI is cooperating with these governments.  If any DJI customer does not want to cooperate, they are limited to low, short flights.  I guess this presumes that they will get caught in the bomb blast!

Call it what you may, but it is reality in today's world.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-8-28
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Fabrice57 Posted at 2017-8-28 08:18
Yes, this is a starter, but we need to figure out why issues with the Nexus 5 and no issues with the Huawei P9 ! Is this the same issue like many other users, having a device with different capacity, and on the end, issues with the usage of the Phantom ?

Aloha Fabrice,

Work with DJI Susan.  You have just provided important information toward solving the problem.  There may be problems with the old device firmware that has been changed over the last four years but not addressed with the Android 6.1 OS.  With DJI using cutting edge technology, these problems need to be solved so new efforts can succeed.

I would agree that a powerful device like your Nexus 5 should be able to work with the new technology, so I am as confused as you are (I may end up with a similar problem).  But at least you know that the problem is in the device and not the firmware.  Susan and DJI should be able to help you from here.  It was nice working with you.  

BTW, my heritage is almost half French!  My last name is French.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-8-28
Use props
fansdc8254e9
lvl.1
Flight distance : 167149 ft
United States

RollBack need 30m 50m error
2017-8-28
Use props
Fabrice57
lvl.2
France

Cetacean Posted at 2017-8-28 11:02
Aloha Fabrice,

Work with DJI Susan.  You have just provided important information toward solving the problem.  There may be problems with the old device firmware that has been changed over the last four years but not addressed with the Android 6.1 OS.  With DJI using cutting edge technology, these problems need to be solved so new efforts can succeed.

Hi,

just installed the latest version of dji Go App, version 3.1.11 for Android on the Nexus 5.
Have still the error message with image transmission, but less, and but, image freeze more without the warning message. Under Litchi, this image transmission message or freezing not happen on the Nexus 5.

I flight in the same conditions like yesterday, my flights are already sync on dji cloud.

Fabrice
2017-8-29
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Fabrice57 Posted at 2017-8-29 08:07
Hi,

just installed the latest version of dji Go App, version 3.1.11 for Android on the Nexus 5.

Thanks for your feedback. The latest version also requires more powerful mobile devices. The recommended list will keep updating.
2017-8-31
Use props
wntmldrs_belgiu
lvl.4
Flight distance : 793281 ft
Belgium

After one week of happy flying with my officially crack repaired P3P, I start getting the whole encyclopaedia of error messages on my Nexus. It started with a strong interference warning and a poor video signal. The app throws me back to the general settings were I also see the red upgrade aircraft warning. Yes, I still am 1.10.90. Don't mind all the GEO and NFZ, but if it makes flying impossible I stay with the current FW.
Mostly referring to a stuck compass, restart and if still stuck... call DJI. On iOS it is even more strict, you're flight is limited to 50m distance and height of 30m, please fly no further. But I can go as far as I want. Sometimes it is a clickable windows, sometimes it a red error message in the top line.
Also the video start haggling, restarting the app helps sometime, restarting the drone helps sometime, restarting the remote helps sometime.
In the end the only solution is flying with Litchie, where the warning avalanche is less overwhelming.
No, I don't send it back.
Never.
error.jpg
2017-9-1
Use props
fans5c80eb9a
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1334682 ft
  • >>>
United States

Agent7837 Posted at 2017-8-26 02:39
Cetacean, don't tell me that all users are now have to turn off there fans or other devices off when they download a firmware. Tell us why the firmware are not working good as the previous version and why we can not anymore rollback to the old firmware. You shouldn't respond to this thread if you do not have any issue because you don't have a clu about what we as a user are encoutered since the last firmware. Are you working for DJI ? If your answer is NO, let those professional answering the questions!

Exactly what I'm thinkin
2017-9-1
Use props
fans30813110
lvl.1
Flight distance : 787940 ft
Mexico

Por favor DJI hagan la nueva actualización para el firmware estamos muy descontentos
2017-9-1
Use props
Fabrice57
lvl.2
France

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-8-31 23:03
Thanks for your feedback. The latest version also requires more powerful mobile devices. The recommended list will keep updating.

Does someone know a good tablet, android, good price, good display and powerfull enough for this and the next updates ?

Thank
2017-9-1
Use props
BadMo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 26017 ft
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-8-26 19:48
I do not think the issue is caused by firmware update as we didn't get many similar feedback recently. I would recommend you to describe your main problem and troubleshooting detailedly, so that we can check the exact status.

My P3P was pretty much un-flyable after 1.11.20, it exibited all issues others have posted in the forum.

Reverting the firmware from 1.11.20 first to 1.10.90 and Radio from 1.8 to 1.6. I still had airport proximity error constantly popping up so I reverted to 1.09.60 and it fixed:
    High interferance warning is gone
    Increased video loss from 100 feet ayay to 1300 feet (250 feet high)
    Increased range before signal loss from 200 feet away to 1300 feet (250 feet high)
    Airport proximity warning only appears once instead of every couple of minutes during flight

All of these flights were performed at my house for consistancy. Radio is still at 1.6

There is no way to convince me there are not issues with the 1.11.20 firmware, and instead a hardware problem that caused these issues !:-)
2017-9-3
Use props
BadMo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 26017 ft
United States

Agent7837 Posted at 2017-8-26 02:39
Cetacean, don't tell me that all users are now have to turn off there fans or other devices off when they download a firmware. Tell us why the firmware are not working good as the previous version and why we can not anymore rollback to the old firmware. You shouldn't respond to this thread if you do not have any issue because you don't have a clu about what we as a user are encoutered since the last firmware. Are you working for DJI ? If your answer is NO, let those professional answering the questions!

Maybe the firmware problem is only with the newer units - I notice Cetacean and others that did not have issues have high flight distance, most of us that have trouble have low flight distance.

The firmware may work on older units with the seperate ESC's and not on the newer ones with the ESC"s on the mainboard like mine.

Mine was trouble and I have a 1GB fiber connection, the updates were successful according to logs - I relinked the controller after updates, but unit was pretty much unflyable and exibited all of the issues others posted after update.

Reverting radio to firmware v1.6 and UAV to firmware v1.09.60 and all is working again
2017-9-3
Use props
darcoSF
lvl.1
Flight distance : 23967 ft

United States

Im all for a fix or rollback...Updated fw to latest two weeks ...I posted about the already. Today on my first battery run, first thing it said was calibration needed....did that. Flew drone, immediately got the max distance/ht error...i eventually lost gps and panic mode kicked in as I noticed the bird flying away on its own!...switched to A mode (I think thats what you are suppose to do) then was able to guide it back.
Logged in/out of app...uninstalled/reinstalled it yesterday....flew again, max distance error etc......P3P... uggh...I dont want to hack it, I just wish DJI would confirm a fix is in the works...Now im tentative in flying it!

d
ps. I lost all my flight records when I reinstalled app IOS
2017-9-3
Use props
Phantom One
Second Officer
Flight distance : 135299 ft
United States

darcoSF Posted at 2017-9-3 12:37
Im all for a fix or rollback...Updated fw to latest two weeks ...I posted about the already. Today on my first battery run, first thing it said was calibration needed....did that. Flew drone, immediately got the max distance/ht error...i eventually lost gps and panic mode kicked in as I noticed the bird flying away on its own!...switched to A mode (I think thats what you are suppose to do) then was able to guide it back.
Logged in/out of app...uninstalled/reinstalled it yesterday....flew again, max distance error etc......P3P... uggh...I dont want to hack it, I just wish DJI would confirm a fix is in the works...Now im tentative in flying it!

Re-installing the app shouldn't affect the flight record on the sd card, or am I missing something??
2017-9-3
Use props
Raimo247
New
Finland

Cetacean Posted at 2017-8-28 10:56
Aloha Raimo,

Have you signed-out of your DJI GO app, restarted and then signed-in again.  It is real simple and one-time-only but it lets DJI know you are still a real, living person so the records can be updated.  

Hello again, todays testing and reply to another thread of same . . . . :

Will you be solving the software problem soon?

Today:
Site 1, power on, logout, login, all well, one battery, end.
15mins later 15km away site 2, new battery.
Power on, takeoff, 30m limit - WTF?, land, logout, log in, takeoff, no limit, camera shaking !!!, land, power off, power on, takeoff, 30m limit!!!, land, logout, log in, takeoff, job done, land.

I would not say this is a working tool for work. I use four batteries.

iOS DJI GO latest, i5 SE. Flown for 2 years before. FIX THE GO APP!!!

Meanwhile I would not recommend anyone to buy DJI drones. Unable to use it for work for a month now. Don't have the trust to fly this over a city either, have to cancel money-worth photographing deal done monthly. I am losing money now.
2017-9-5
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Raimo247 Posted at 2017-9-5 04:25
Hello again, todays testing and reply to another thread of same . . . . :

Aloha Raimo,

Did you say your first flight worked just fine and then it was followed by the strange flights?  Are you in an area where there are No Fly Zones?  Is there any other reason why you could be with limited altitude and distance besides the original sign in requirement.

Can you borrow a different device and test that device to see if it works?  Try to get a newer model with 1.2 GHz multi-processor and 2 GB RAM.  

Another test is to unplug the cable when the bird is in the air to see of the errant flying behavior still occurs.  Do this for the 30 meter limit.  I think the 30 meter limit is also horizontal, so test the horizontal rather than the altitude.  Your system is giving some strange behavior.  According to the notes with the firmware, flying with the cable disconnected will keep you limited to 30 meters but the camera shaking can be tested.

Would you be able to refresh the firmware in your system with the latest version of Assistant 2?  It might have an effect.  A while back I did mine a couple times and finally got it to work right.  (I had an Internet problem.)

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-9-5
Use props
Raimo247
New
Finland

Cetacean Posted at 2017-9-5 23:12
Aloha Raimo,

Did you say your first flight worked just fine and then it was followed by the strange flights?  Are you in an area where there are No Fly Zones?  Is there any other reason why you could be with limited altitude and distance besides the original sign in requirement.

I would find it strange that my i5 would be insufficient, all (but shaky-cam) worked fine until GO APP update early august. iOS 11 just updated last night, I think GO APP has to update therefore too. Let's see.

My brother flies the same drone with OnePlus3 without issues.

We nearly only fly inside CTR-area of an airport, outside 5km range of course. Allowed to use up to 50m elevation and sometimes we call the tower and get permission to fly up to 120m, depending on site. No changes in this.
2017-9-6
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Raimo247 Posted at 2017-9-6 02:30
I would find it strange that my i5 would be insufficient, all (but shaky-cam) worked fine until GO APP update early august. iOS 11 just updated last night, I think GO APP has to update therefore too. Let's see.

My brother flies the same drone with OnePlus3 without issues.

Aloha Raimo,

Now this is getting even more interesting.  There does seem to be a need to help DJI update their No Fly Zone database.  That is mentioned on the Forum often.  You might want to contact them at http://www.dji.com/flysafe and check out your flying area.

Coordinating with the tower is only part of the problem.  DJI has a system that needs to be corrected at times.  Information gets old quickly.

Another interesting bit is that you are flying an older phone.  In one case a member had a very powerful older phone that had the shaky-cam problem.  It turned out that he bought a newer phone that was as powerful or even a little less powerful for another purpose - and it worked!  Also, his old phone had a recent firmware on it so it really should have worked but did not.

When you get the shaky-cam issue, disconnect your cable and see if the shaky-cam stops.  If it stops, the problem is probably related to the i5.  If it does not stop, the problem could be related to the download and installation method.  If you use a PC, then try a Mac.  If you use a Mac, try a PC.  In either case download the latest version of Assistant 2 and refresh the firmware on the AC and RC.

Another possibility is to borrow a newer iOS phone and see if the problem goes away.  But that could be a last test unless you have one easily available to you.

Hope this helps!  Let me know!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-9-6
Use props
fans987d278a
lvl.4
Flight distance : 124180 ft
Canada

Cetacean Posted at 2017-9-6 04:07
Aloha Raimo,

Now this is getting even more interesting.  There does seem to be a need to help DJI update their No Fly Zone database.  That is mentioned on the Forum often.  You might want to contact them at http://www.dji.com/flysafe and check out your flying area.

Believe me I;ve been through about a dozen android devices, the Nividia shield has proven to be the best device , on android anyway, that I;ve come across for P3A & the P4, no lags, no blackouts, I do have to follow the same start up though, which is no big deal
Start up procedure- fire up my Phantom, then the Shield, once screen is up showing the Go & Litchi Icons, THEN, plug your cable into the shield, up comes - 2 icons(go & litchi) with the phrase- Once or always, hit icon you want to fly-"once" & she;s alive & ready to fly!
With my Mavic, the best Andriod device I;ve found (reffered to by a flyer at Mavicpilots site) is the Acer iconia one, again, instant fire up, no lags, no blackouts/dropouts just a solid 7" tablet I bought at Canada computers for 85 bucks! And, I wnt through a couple of phones & tablets until I found this great tablet.
Note- Make sure you Acer Iconia has the MedTek processor, Acer  iconia tablets with other processors  don't seem to cut it.
2017-9-7
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

fans987d278a Posted at 2017-9-7 10:23
Believe me I;ve been through about a dozen android devices, the Nividia shield has proven to be the best device , on android anyway, that I;ve come across for P3A & the P4, no lags, no blackouts, I do have to follow the same start up though, which is no big deal
Start up procedure- fire up my Phantom, then the Shield, once screen is up showing the Go & Litchi Icons, THEN, plug your cable into the shield, up comes - 2 icons(go & litchi) with the phrase- Once or always, hit icon you want to fly-"once" & she;s alive & ready to fly!
With my Mavic, the best Andriod device I;ve found (reffered to by a flyer at Mavicpilots site) is the Acer iconia one, again, instant fire up, no lags, no blackouts/dropouts just a solid 7" tablet I bought at Canada computers for 85 bucks! And, I wnt through a couple of phones & tablets until I found this great tablet.

Aloha fans987,

Mahalo for the input.  I had just loaded Litchi in my nVidia Shield K1 when it was stolen.  Now I just got the replacement.  Oh, BTW, nVidia does not make the Shield K1 anymore in case you had not heard.  What a bummer.  Labroides heard my plight and sold me one he had in reserve.  Good guy!

Hopefully, I will get to test my P4 with DJI GO 4 and Litchi today.  I tried my P4 Pro yesterday and everything worked real well.  My start-up sequence seems to be allowing a K1 start-up, then RC and then my P4 Pro.  I get the selection screen exactly as you describe it and then everything works.  I will keep your sequence in mind if it starts to act up.  And you are the second or third person I have heard mention the MedTek processor, so it has got to be good!

BTW, I did not have to go into developer options this time to enable my USB option for multimedia.   After a couple starts and it was old hat already!

Mahalo again for the information.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-9-7
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Whether you like it or not, one of the safest solutions is to fly using an Apple device. Like many on here, I do not like Apple, but bit my tongue and bought an Air 2 iPad, and it has not given me a moment of grief. The reason is that DJI have only got to write and compile the code once and it works on all Apple devices. But with Andoid, they have a huge mess to deal with. Once again, there is only one vertsion of the code, but literally thousands of devices that may, or may not, run the Android code properly.

And DJI cannot tweak the code in any real way to suit each device. So if you are exppecting, or hoping, that DJI will come out with a fix that makes your obscure Android phone or tablet work, forget it. The Android code has to be a one-size-fits-all solution, it cannot be tailored to suit your device.
2017-9-7
Use props
Mauled
New
Flight distance : 451437 ft
United States

Immediately following update my birds died.  Same errors as everyone else.  Both birds were flawless until the update.  Both are using Android devices and as I said always worked very well.  What p****** me off is I updated one bird.  Then started the update on the other.  So as I played with the latest updated one and realized I had issues it was too late!  I had to watch the second slowly die.

2017-9-7
Use props
christopher
New
United States

Dear DJI:  I am totally confused by all the research I've done after my upgrade to the following:  APP : Version 4.1.9 Aircraft : Version 02.00.0106 APP Database : Version 01.00.01.05   Using an IPAD Mini 4   Flight Controller Serial Number : 07JDD4E001012X  My Phantom 4 has been flawless until this last update which had basically turned my formerly awesome drone into a flying brick.  The camera taking pictures is flawless but the video has what looks like black curtain lines running through the video and it further is recording those horrible lines as well.  These are not over exposure lines as that button is not checked.    I've seen others have tremendous issues with this same update and what is most disappointing is there seems to be no rush whatsoever to fix this obvious firmware update issue!  Why would DJI just ignore such a terrible programming issue and blame everything except what is obvious, terrible programming?    Further I have taken it in to a RC specialist and he is baffled as well.  Although he is convinced it's a firmware issue.  He tried to downgrade the version but nothing was available to downgrade it to.  Many posts showed the same thing happening to other people as well.  He followed the directions as I watched him do it.    As Hurricane Irma pounds it's way here towards Florida and me purchasing over 4 different DJI drones 1, 2, 3, and 4 with nearly $6,000 total investment, I can't believe I have a flying brick and absolutely no recourse to help me fix my Phantom 4 just a Phantom 4.    What can I do to be prepared to shoot the devastation of the strongest hurricane in Florida history?  Please help me!!
2017-9-7
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

christopher Posted at 2017-9-7 18:16
Dear DJI:  I am totally confused by all the research I've done after my upgrade to the following:  APP : Version 4.1.9 Aircraft : Version 02.00.0106 APP Database : Version 01.00.01.05   Using an IPAD Mini 4   Flight Controller Serial Number : 07JDD4E001012X  My Phantom 4 has been flawless until this last update which had basically turned my formerly awesome drone into a flying brick.  The camera taking pictures is flawless but the video has what looks like black curtain lines running through the video and it further is recording those horrible lines as well.  These are not over exposure lines as that button is not checked.    I've seen others have tremendous issues with this same update and what is most disappointing is there seems to be no rush whatsoever to fix this obvious firmware update issue!  Why would DJI just ignore such a terrible programming issue and blame everything except what is obvious, terrible programming?    Further I have taken it in to a RC specialist and he is baffled as well.  Although he is convinced it's a firmware issue.  He tried to downgrade the version but nothing was available to downgrade it to.  Many posts showed the same thing happening to other people as well.  He followed the directions as I watched him do it.    As Hurricane Irma pounds it's way here towards Florida and me purchasing over 4 different DJI drones 1, 2, 3, and 4 with nearly $6,000 total investment, I can't believe I have a flying brick and absolutely no recourse to help me fix my Phantom 4 just a Phantom 4.    What can I do to be prepared to shoot the devastation of the strongest hurricane in Florida history?  Please help me!!

It would help if you posted a shot to show what the 'curtain lines' look like.
2017-9-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules