Spark firmware update problem : wifi/bluetooth interference
7494 9 2017-8-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans2e4e497c
New
Flight distance : 55194 ft
Canada

Just did the mandatory firmware update (V1.00.06). All went well, update the remote and batteries (3) as well.

Now, I always get an app message "wifi bluetooth interference..." and very bad/glitchi video in the iPhone (fpv). Control of the drone is fine.

I'm in open field or at home where I never got that issue before. Flying with the remote, no otg. Bluetooth is off.

Any idea!?!
2017-8-25
Use props
ImHereToCrash
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

its a function of it to tell you strong interference in the area which will cut into range and usability...   ensure that you and your device(s) are not the cause of this.  disable bluetooth and wifi on your phone if you are using OTG.. if you are not using OTG, i suggest you do use it even though DJi will say it hasn't been tested and blah blah, atleasts it removed your phone's wifi as a interference source..

if the issue still keeps coming up with your spark i suggest pressing the holding the rear button on your spark until it beeps at you, let go.  then on your RC (controller) press and hold pause + FN + C1 it will start beeping keep holding it until a few seconds into its beeping, then let go wait a few moments it is scanning and determining what channel and band to use... should reconnect and stop beeping then it should be clear to fly.. if you again get same alert, i recommend you try a different area see if it keeps returning.. if it keeps happening and you dont use OTG with your phone it probably is your phone smothering out the wifi on the controller.
2017-8-25
Use props
fans2e4e497c
New
Canada

Will try those, but today, I still had very bad fpv video, even with otg and iPhone on airplane mode... the "interference" message was nit there, but very bad signal (in video).
2017-8-26
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Turn off the smart watch
2017-8-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

How about changing to another open place and disabling the bluetooth of all devices on your hand? If no helps, please refer the below and export the flight data for further review.

2017-8-26
Use props
fans2e4e497c
New
Canada

Yesterday, I've shoot in 3 differents places with aleays the same glitchi video... I have all the file to send to DJI support, but I cannot find the link to the "DJI Server" to send them?!? Can you give me the link...
2017-8-27
Use props
Nemroig
lvl.2
Flight distance : 192930 ft
Spain

I had the same issue, but after diaconnectin phone's bluetooth and switching off apple watch, it seems fixed by now. Using iphone 6 via wifi.
2017-8-27
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

fans2e4e497c Posted at 2017-8-27 06:21
Yesterday, I've shoot in 3 differents places with aleays the same glitchi video... I have all the file to send to DJI support, but I cannot find the link to the "DJI Server" to send them?!? Can you give me the link...

Have you turned off the Smart watch, Like Lannes mentioned? Besides, for the files, please upload them to the Dropbox, then provide us with the link to download them, thank you in advance.
2017-8-27
Use props
fans2e4e497c
New
Canada

No Smart watch... I just sent you a personal message with the link. Thanks
2017-8-30
Use props
Nawfaal
lvl.1
Mauritius

Hi, I was having this issue too and what I did to fix it:

1. Connect everything via Wifi (iPhone to RC, RC to drone).
2. Turn off my Apple Watch sometimes work (Not always).
3. Once you're in DJI Go's  App, hit start flight and tap on the 3 dot top right corner.
4. Navigate to the Wifi settings and from there you will be able to see all the wifi channels which are stable and not (Either 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz).
5. From there, I just played around and changed the channels to see which one is the most stable and VOILA. Smooth footage via Wifi and it does not say signal interference anymore.

I hope this works for you.
2017-8-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules