My first Phantom 4 Pro flight
1068 3 2017-8-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
14 Media Group
lvl.1
Flight distance : 71329 ft
United States

A little over two weeks ago I bought my Phantom 4 Pro. It was delivered two days later but was defective. The controller simply wouldln't connect to the drone and DJI had no solutuion except to send it to them for repair. I instead sent it back to the retailer and they sent a replacement out only a few days later but just my luck UPS lost the shipment along the way. Today the new drone arrived and within 10 minutes I had it in the air. The amazing thing to me is I've never flown a drone before so I was expecting some serious growing pains. Honestly I was shocked at how easy it was and after an hour or two of flying today I feel quite comfortable with the aircraft. Please don't mistake that as meaning I have any real clue what I'm doing and I fully expect bumps in the road, more than anything I'm complimenting DJI on an amazing piece of equipment.

I would say the most difficult thing for me was learning how to work the camera, both video and still shots. I need to learn to move the gimbal slowly and in a fluid manner to get the quality I see from so many of you. In my first video below you'll see I was moving it around quickly and somewhat purposely today just to get a feel for things. Although the software makes flying easier than I expected I have to admit I truly have even more respect for the amazing work many of you do with your AC. I have a long way to go but I'm excited to learn and get better with each flight.

So my only complaint to this point? The connection between the controller and AC went out a lot and anything more than 800-900 feet was enough to make me lose the connection completely. I understand it takes good LOS and there are other factors that limit your distance but I was hoping for a little more and cutting out when the drone is only 200 feet away doesn't seem reasonable to me. I'll read up on that more and see what adjustments need to be made on my end.

As for the video it came straight from the flight with no editing. One reason for that is I learned my computer isn't going to be able to handle the 4k files and I'll need to upgrade my system.

2017-8-25
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

There are a number of tweaks you can do in the GO 4 app settings to smooth out the gimbal movement so have a look at those.
As far as losing signal, was the RC disconnecting from the drone or were you losing video signal.
You may need to look at whether you are using 2.4ghz or 5.8 ghz. Do you have your RC aerials set at the correct angle and are you maintaining the correct alignment with the drone.
2017-8-25
Use props
Mike65
lvl.1

Denmark

Sorry for hijacking - and perhaps introducing a problem here. But, I'm still a newbie myself, and my question is sincere:
Have a look at the video from the 4:00 minute mark. The horizon drops/tilts to the right. I'm experiencing this as well on my P3P. Is that normal?
2017-8-25
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

It's a good beginning. And I would recommend you to check the below video and place the antenna properly.

2017-8-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules