Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Losing ability to view when filming whilst airborne.
895 7 2017-8-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Robhulford
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi All,

I am experiencing drop outs in my ability to view whist filming and flying my Mavic Pro. To be clear the drones' camera films video and shoot still pics but with my iPhone 7+ conneted
to the controller there are period what I would call drop outs in being able to see what the camera sees and my screen is blank and i think i recall a message showing Disconnected in the top right hand corner of my phone screen right alongside the DJI logo. All the camera settings on the screen on the top right hand side show N/A.  So this appears to be an intermittent error and has been the case since I owned the drone. With the camera view appearing and disappearing periodically. On average I would say the view is there 60% of the time but of course when I want to position the drone and gimbal to shoot, if I cant see what im looking at, its at best guesswork..

Any ideas folks? Maybe its a setting I need to look at ? It can happen at any altitude from being in the take off ready position to 2m high to 2m to 100m high. the view can appear /disappear whether im filimg or just flying.

Cheers
2017-8-25
Use props
Eagle_Eye
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4137720 ft
United States

Just a  stab....did you try re installing the app?
Are you connecting your phone via USB port on the RC?
Have you tried different cables?
2017-8-26
Use props
R_Adams
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9144 ft
Canada

Hello

I created a post about a similar issue and the iPhone in the DJI Go section; https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=110319&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D392%26typeid%3D392
Maybe it is similar to your issue?

Thanks.
2017-8-26
Use props
R_Adams
lvl.2
Canada

R_Adams Posted at 2017-8-26 04:39
Hello

I created a post about a similar issue and the iPhone in the DJI Go section; https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=110319&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D392%26typeid%3D392

https://forum.dji.com/thread-110319-1-1.html
2017-8-26
Use props
Robhulford
lvl.1

United Kingdom

R_Adams Posted at 2017-8-26 04:42
https://forum.dji.com/thread-110319-1-1.html

Thanks for a link to your extensive post. I have a hunch my micro SD Card which came with the mavik may not be up to the job. No SD Card, no visual image is transmitted back to the iPhone via the RC.  New Sandisk 64GB extreme Pro micro card  has been ordered.. Lets see.  I just updated the latest firmware for the mavik and also software for the RC. Took a flight and the lost camera vision didn't happen.. Just maybe ??
2017-8-26
Use props
R_Adams
lvl.2
Canada

Robhulford Posted at 2017-8-26 06:07
Thanks for a link to your extensive post. I have a hunch my micro SD Card which came with the mavik may not be up to the job. No SD Card, no visual image is transmitted back to the iPhone via the RC.  New Sandisk 64GB extreme Pro micro card  has been ordered.. Lets see.  I just updated the latest firmware for the mavik and also software for the RC. Took a flight and the lost camera vision didn't happen.. Just maybe ??

Let's hope that will work for you. I am using SanDisk Ultra 64GB Class 10 XC1 and the issue persists with both of my two cards. I read a post that suggested the card and so I tried it. Both were formatted by DJI Go before the flight.
2017-8-26
Use props
Robhulford
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Well an update. I inserted my Sandisk 64GB extreme Pro micro card and I have to say, the problem appears to be fixed. There may also be an overexposure avoidance mode or something like that I could have turned on which may have temporarily impacted the screen on my phone. But for now it seems a lot better. I'll post back again if this changes.
2017-8-30
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Thanks for keeping us updated. Please feel free to contact us if there is any further questions.
2017-9-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules