Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Drone Insurance?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans65013845
lvl.2
Flight distance : 38747 ft
United States

I was asked to be part of a video team to do a music video.  It's a charity cause, the video is part of a show that's being put on for a fallen police officer's family.   I've been flying DJI drones as a hobbyist for about 3 years, have hours of experience, and also have 100 of hours experience from flying RC airplanes.   All of my current videos are done in a rural area, usually of state parks......aerial landscapes in very low populated areas.  This video shoot is indoors and there will be people inside the venue, including a rock group with some professional, failrly popular musicians.  The police chief of the town, and several officers will also be there.  I've been flying indoors for a few weeks practicing inside my church.....yes I was given permission.  My question......I don't have UAV insurance.  I feel strongly about backing out of the shoot, in this day and age if anything goes wrong, and someone gets hurt, a lawsuit could ruin me.  What would you do?  I'm in the US, the video shoot would be in New York.
2017-8-26
Use props
GuitarFlyer47
lvl.2
Flight distance : 38747 ft
United States

After reading more into UAV liabilities I answered my own question.   I will not be doing the video shoot.  Even the AMA insurance does not cover you if you're flying over people at a venue.  Being a retired electronics engineer, and IT professional, I realize that either I can make a mistake, or the electronics can fail, or be affected by electrical interference.  I'll stick to flying over the trees here in Connecticut.
2017-8-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Nice to hear that you have figured it out. Flight safety is always top priority.
2017-8-28
Use props
Genghis9
Second Officer
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

GuitarFlyer47 Posted at 2017-8-26 06:02
After reading more into UAV liabilities I answered my own question.   I will not be doing the video shoot.  Even the AMA insurance does not cover you if you're flying over people at a venue.  Being a retired electronics engineer, and IT professional, I realize that either I can make a mistake, or the electronics can fail, or be affected by electrical interference.  I'll stick to flying over the trees here in Connecticut.

Sometimes discretion is the better part of valor...good on ya for sticking to your principals and making the call!

2017-8-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules