Ground Station, maps do not fully show up iPad mini.
3759 17 2015-3-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Larry L
lvl.3

United States

i downloaded my maps from Google earth & Google map but when I try to go to ground station only part of it shows. I was outside my house on my wifi prior to connecting to my Phantom. It only gives part of the map with my iPad mini. If I connect on my phone, no problem. I thought with the wifi upgrade in the app, you were supposed to still be able to download maps while connected? My main concern is, does anyone know why I'm having this problem? Any help is appreciated.
image.jpg
2015-3-30
Use props
ronnydsosa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21624 ft
United States

Does Your iPad mini runs a cellular conection as well??? And did you open the APPLE MAPS APP and s zoomed in to the location you were going to fly before going out to that location?? Did you know that GS on IOS uses APPLE Maps Version instead of google maps??? So downloading maps to be used offline via the google app won't do any good...
2015-3-30
Use props
Larry L
lvl.3

United States

ronnydsosa@gmai Posted at 2015-3-31 09:58
Does Your iPad mini runs a cellular conection as well??? And did you open the APPLE MAPS APP and s z ...

No Ronnie I didnt. I will try Apple maps app. I appreciate the help.
2015-3-30
Use props
Larry L
lvl.3

United States

Tried Apple maps. Get the same look. I have no idea what is wrong. Tried to reload the app. Same problem.
2015-3-30
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

ronnydsosa@gmai Posted at 2015-3-31 09:58
Does Your iPad mini runs a cellular conection as well??? And did you open the APPLE MAPS APP and s z ...

Sorry Ronny, I've got google maps on a 10 inch Apple tablet,  Works GREAT!.
2015-3-30
Use props
UAVForum.UK
lvl.1

United Kingdom

On your iPad in Google maps If you zoom into the area around where you intend to fly the iPad will cache the map automatically into its memory and it should then work OK. It looks like you didn't finish caching as Guy says.
I've used an iPad mini and it's fine with that.
2015-3-31
Use props
jtrjr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

Larry,

I think UAV is right, you're not caching all of the maps. I usually go to the area that I will be flying in while I'm on my normal internet connection. Open the app you're using and go to the GS screen or the screen with the sat view. Zoom in and out in the map screen all over the entire area that you want in your cache. When I zoom in I give it a second or so until it gets the higher rez picture and do this all over my flight area. Once you've done that you should be fine. To check it just disconnect from your internet connection and take a look at your maps. Do the same thing you did above just to make sure everything you want is there. The last thing you want is to go to a new area, where you don't have any internet availability and have no maps.

Jerry
2015-3-31
Use props
UAVForum.UK
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Actually Larry something else I thought of. When your ipad is connected to the Vision app it cannot then pick up Google maps although your phone may still be able to because that might still have an wi-fi or cellular internet connection.
2015-3-31
Use props
Larry L
lvl.3

United States

Thanks everyone, I zoomed in, out. I left it open for at least 2 minutes. I do not know why it's not downloading the whole map. In the maps (google,Apple, ect) everything shows up.
2015-3-31
Use props
ronnydsosa
lvl.4
United States

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-3-31 14:17
Sorry Ronny, I've got google maps on a 10 inch Apple tablet,  Works GREAT!.

So you downloaded the google maps app n your iPad ? Because last time i checked IOS does not come with Google maps installed anymore Apple has their own maps app/SDK...  And last time i checked the IOS VISION APP used Apple Maps/SDK for Ground Station(Sucks). This was confirmed by DJI tech on another Thread.... While the Vision  App on Android does use the far superior Google Maps...
2015-3-31
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

ronnydsosa@gmai Posted at 2015-3-31 23:51
So you downloaded the google maps app n your iPad ? Because last time i checked IOS does not come  ...

I have the 10 inch ios 8.1 APPLE TABLET and have google maps installed and cashed on 2 tablets.
2015-3-31
Use props
ronnydsosa
lvl.4
United States

I don't have google maps on my iPad so all i do is zoomed in using Apple Maps and all works fine...  No need for Google because the App don't make use of it on IOS..
2015-3-31
Use props
ronnydsosa
lvl.4
United States

In Fact GS uses an outdated version of Apple Maps... Here is a lil comparison i just did n my iPhone 6 Plus (IOS 8.3 Beta 4) Yes I'm an Apple registered Developer..

My Current location (DJI VISION APP - GROUND STATION)

My Current Location (Google Maps)

And my current location using (Apple Sucky maps)

2015-3-31
Use props
Larry L
lvl.3

United States

This is weird, I went out side a bit ago & fired up the phantom with GS. Maps fully show up now. I do not understand why it partially shows up & then 8 hours later, the whole map shows up. This is weird. I guess I need to cache maps 24 hours before I want to use GS.
2015-3-31
Use props
ronnydsosa
lvl.4
United States

Sometimes you have to double click the Home Button and kill the App completely, then reopen the app and it would work.
2015-3-31
Use props
Larry L
lvl.3

United States

Thanks for the help. I went tout today to my local golf course. They wanted me to do flyovers for their website. All the maps were loaded.
Question, since they are loaded in my iPad mini, when would I need to load them again? Or will they stay there?
2015-4-1
Use props
datamedicpr
lvl.1

United States

Hy can some one help i did and update to my PV2 Vision+ V3.0 to "3.12"  and im getting this in all my maps

green dot

green dot
2015-4-2
Use props
Larry L
lvl.3

United States

Data, I have no clue.
2015-4-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now