Camera / Gimbal availability
1191 5 2015-3-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
johann
lvl.1
Flight distance : 34259 ft
United States

I'm out of patience today.  I have been tolerant, patient, and tried to be understanding. Since March 6 I have been with "chat", on the phone, e-mailing, and trying to get the Gimbal / camera for the Inspire repaired or replaced.  Finally I sent it in about 10 days ago, still no response at all.
I'd buy a new camera / gimbal, because I am out of time (need to do some shoots), but DJI keeps saying they can't sell me one.  They still are selling Inspires complete with Gimbals & Cameras.  I guess selling Inspires is more important than keeping a customer happy...

Ok, their tech support is over loaded - send me the parts that I need.  Can't do that....
Sell me the whole - gimbal / camera . Can' t do that either...
DJI authorized sellers - no parts

10 days to "login" my repair.  Wow...
Today I found out 5 -6 weeks average repair time....  I wonder how long my repair will take.  If I am in a time crunch,

I was advice by the tech support, that I could buy another DJI Inspire...  It is good to know that I can buy a camera/gimbal this way.

That "advice" lost my patience.  I just hope by some miracle, I can find a replacement.  Any Repair shops out there that have a replacement - even "used", please reply to this message.  

Thanks.

2015-3-30
Use props
jfro
lvl.1

United States

I have a similar story. Currently, they are losing the battle on repairs.  I've had two bad cameras and a bricked remote in 5 weeks.

I did see that parts are starting to be in stock at some dealers.  I don't remember who, but did see it this am.....  

If they have your unit, I'd guess you aren't going to see it for the 5-6 weeks.  I'm in the same boat.  

There is a thread here about the same issue and one fellow pulled up the contacts on the housing with a piece of paper and a couple peeps said that solved their problem, although one said it was only temporary.   Price on housing is $30 and gimbal/camera is $550.

My issue was same Inspire, 2 cameras stopped working.  1 after 3 flights.  2nd one after about 8.  

There may be more to the problem than just bad contacts and that may be why they just say to send it in so they can see what's going on.    Not a good situation for us end users.  
2015-3-30
Use props
johann
lvl.1
United States

Mowog2 Posted at 2015-3-31 14:58
Here maybe says in stock

http://www.justhobbies.net.au/part-40-gimbal-and-camera-unit-dji-inspire-1 ...

Thanks for the link.  I sent them an e-mail.  
2015-3-31
Use props
johann
lvl.1
United States

dlew21@mac.com Posted at 2015-3-31 15:28
I completely agree.  This is crazy!!!! They keep selling the Inspire 1's but have no support.   I WO ...

I agree.  I would have not bought one either.  Let me transcribe my story:

I bought a new car, so I can get to work.  No car, no work.  I accidentally  bent the key (retro-car), so now I can't start it.   Went to the car dealership, and told them I need to get my car back on the road next week, or I might loose my job.  They said, we don't have Keys in stock.  - Can you give me the "code" so I can get a spare made locally?  No,  the codes are only available for new cars.   You can tow the car to us, it will take us 10 days to log it in, and then 5-6 weeks to make a new key.  - But it would take me only an hour to make a key, if you can give me the code...
"no, the codes are only available for new cars... If you need your car back faster, I advice you to purchase a new car.  You can get a new car from our dealership.
Thank you for contacting DJI cars..."

2015-3-31
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

jfro Posted at 2015-3-31 12:52
I have a similar story. Currently, they are losing the battle on repairs.  I've had two bad cameras  ...

Wow the Saga continues..........
2015-3-31
Use props
johann
lvl.1
United States

dlew21@mac.com Posted at 2015-4-1 03:24
So seeing that we were duped in to buying a product with no support (that claimes 24 hour support),  ...

No.  They do offer fast 24 hour support.  They will give you an RMA within 24 hours, and then you can send it in, and wait.    Or they can advise you to buy a new Inspire.  You will get both options within 24 hours.   When you will get your product back, that's totally different....
2015-3-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules