How do I downgrade my Firmware
3662 10 2017-8-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
horse house
lvl.1
United States

Hello,
As the thread name states, how do I downgrade my firmware?  

2017-8-26
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Check out some threads...... you won't like the answer
2017-8-26
Use props
uhrlto
New
United States

DJI won't let you, I find it amazing that they charge you well over a grand to buy the drone and then they tell you how high and how far you can fly it.  DJI own tech specs say that the max altitude is about 6000 feet yet you don't know you only get 500 meters of that until your up and flying.  this is false advertising in a big way.  It's just like buying an iphone and paying 800.00 for it only to be told this is what you can do with it. and only this (unless you're lucky to be jail broken)  I'm telling you its time for a class action suit to get DJI to give us back control
2017-8-26
Use props
uhrlto
New
United States

DJI wont let you, I find it amazing that they charge you well over a grand to buy the drone and then they tell you how hige and how far you can fly it.  DJI own tech specs say that the maxaltitude is about 6000 feet yet you dont know you only get 500 meters of that untill your up and flying.  this is false advertizing in a big way.  Its just like buying an iphone and paying 800.00 for it only to be told this is what you can do with it. and only this (unless your lucky to be jail broken)  I'm telling you its time for a class action suit to get DJI to give us back control
2017-8-26
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

nothings impossible, YouTube is your friend, so is google.....
2017-8-26
Use props
Betamace
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2133 ft
United States

Downgrading firmware is possible and easy if you know the correct proceedure, however how compatible it will be with the current go app version (or visa versa) is questionable. I can downgrade easily but I also use an earlier app version that was in use at the time the firmware was released. Been running Android 3.1.3 and 1.8.1 for months now without serious errors and have tried every new Go app version and FW  version that came along and always downgraded after a couple test flights.

I think my display device was being being made more obsolete with every app update. I had to choose between having Go and Litchi installed on the same device this morning and naturally I opted out of Go in favor of Litchi along with a factory reset. At least Litchi works.  
2017-8-26
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Betamace Posted at 2017-8-26 22:01
Downgrading firmware is possible and easy if you know the correct proceedure, however how compatible it will be with the current go app version (or visa versa) is questionable. I can downgrade easily but I also use an earlier app version that was in use at the time the firmware was released. Been running Android 3.1.3 and 1.8.1 for months now without serious errors and have tried every new Go app version and FW  version that came along and always downgraded after a couple test flights.

I think my display device was being being made more obsolete with every app update. I had to choose between having Go and Litchi installed on the same device this morning and naturally I opted out of Go in favor of Litchi along with a factory reset. At least Litchi works.

I recently downgraded user g the utube method and use a current version of the go app without any issues....
2017-8-27
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Betamace Posted at 2017-8-26 22:01

I recently downgraded user g the utube method and use a current version of the go app without any issues....
2017-8-27
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

May I know what happened to your current firmware? I'd like to look into it.
2017-8-28
Use props
anoir99
lvl.1

Belgium

hello, I have osmo more dja, and the basket of the camera is floating, it seems not to answer, I also have a beep, see video here:
youtu.be/4ManZ4p81F4
can translate into English via subtitle please
the camera has not been used since 2018. but carefully store in two boxes. it is not a case.

please, do you have any idea of the problem?
I have trouble since I accepted the last update on the application DJI GO, there is probably a bug a few pars.
I thought about doing a downgrade on the old software
2019-8-29
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

How times have changed...

RedHotPoker
2019-8-31
Use props
Advanced