No Yaw, H3-3D.
971 2 2015-3-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kenwest
New
Flight distance : 5272 ft
Australia

Hi Guys, have been a stroller of these forums for a while, but this will be my first post.

I recently replaced my phantom 2 with another after a crash (clipped a tree branch and fell about 15m). Im still faulting the drone after the crash (replaced GPS module as it was cracked but still not locating any gps, everything else still seems fine). So got an updated version of the Phantom to get me back in the air ASAP, carrying over my h3-3d gimbal from the previous quad as it was working fine, as were the FPV transmitter, DJI link etc. I updated the new phantom, and the Gimbal while i was at it, which rendered the gimbal dead (seems to be a common issue). I short-reset the gimbal and re-installed pre-firmware and the gimbal was back to normal, 100%

I flew the drone with gimbal attached for about 2 hours in total flight time without a hitch with the new GoPro 4 Black. I placed the drone in my hard case for transport, and next time i went to fly it, the YAW (left and right) motor seems completely dead, but tilt and the horizon seem to be working fine. I tried doing another short-reset, and even updating the gimbal, but nothing. There is no sounds coming from the motor, like its trying, and the allen-key lock nut is tight.

Is it a write-off? If so, I have fixed brushless motors in the past, is it worth pulling the motor apart and seeing if anything is out of the ordinary? I know im probably up for a new one anyway. How much does the YAW motor contribute to smooth video? As I could possibly lock it off?

Cheers!
2015-3-30
Use props
aidan.ryan4
New

United States

Hello, I have the same exact problem with my H4-3D. Did you ever get this problem resolved? It was working when I powered the phantom up on my desk, but 20 minutes later did not work at all when I was at the field I fly at. Any help is greatly appreciated.
2016-1-1
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

aidan.ryan4@gma Posted at 2016-1-2 03:56
Hello, I have the same exact problem with my H4-3D. Did you ever get this problem resolved? It was w ...

Hi, does the gimbal self-check process work when you power it on? What firmware did you use?  Please update the latest firmware.
2016-1-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules