IMU and Compass calibration ?
1395 5 2017-8-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sparktacular
lvl.2
Flight distance : 42011 ft
United States

First flight on the new FW today and all went well ( regular mode, active tracking, sports mode...gesture mode was not cooperating but maybe bec. sParktacus was facing the sun and I was wearing a blue shirt..who knows ) no fall during flight  like the last firmware. Steady hovering  even with the new green props.

Now, this has been happening to me majority of the time when I fly the  Spark outside the house..I would get an alarm that I need to calibrate either IMU or the compass the first time I turn on the AC. I tried calibrating for the 2nd time it happened but got tired of it so decided to wait and see if the alarm will go away ..sure enought after 30 sec to maybe 1 min the Alarm goes away...I even turn off the AC, RC and the App to make sure I don't have any alarm. Inside the house I don't get this alarm other than ATTI mode

Do you think this is safe ..to wait for the alarm to go away ( been doing this with no issues) ? Like I said, I only have one fall during flight  issue ( July FW) in sports mode during a sharp turn. No disconnect or alarm  or anything.
I'm also in the proceess of returning Sparktacus for them to check why it fell during flight..but if this new FW is good then I don't need to have it checked..more flying time for me
2017-8-26
Use props
TMUSVI
lvl.3
Flight distance : 228891 ft
U.S. Virgin Islands

if you get a notice to re calibrate try moving to a new location first then try again do not always re calibrate it might just be interference
2017-8-26
Use props
TMUSVI
lvl.3
Flight distance : 228891 ft
U.S. Virgin Islands

TMUSVI Posted at 2017-8-26 15:15
if you get a notice to re calibrate try moving to a new location first then try again do not always re calibrate it might just be interference

re calibrate in an open place in a field with nothing around only tthe compass and the imu on a level serface
2017-8-26
Use props
Spaners
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1542 ft
United Kingdom

Calibrate you imu at home on a level surface with the props removed. The drone will stand up on all 4 axis this way. follow the prompts exactly and make sure the quad dose not move ie put it on a stable surface, don't hold it. surface must be level.
compass calibration, do this in a large open field or park ( Do not do it in a carpark or near any structures) away from magnetic fields. remove coins and metallic objects from your pockets. remove any electrical devices too (phone , tablet ect)
walk a few paces away from your control after activating the calibration and before doing the DJI dance with the quad.
If you haven't done calibration on a drone before then watch a few videos on you tube first
2017-8-26
Use props
JoeCec
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3491430 ft
  • >>>
United States

https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=kfxtxKd69f4
2017-8-28
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Keep away from the concrete floor or any place with interference. Alternatively, you can try to take off on palm.
2017-9-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules