Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
[ilkeraktuna]
lvl.3
Flight distance : 38901 ft
  • >>>
Turkey

Hi,

My remote controller has arrived finally and I've started using it. But I saw that it uses 5.8 Ghz wifi bands and I prefer 2.4Ghz because it has longer range. However, when I select 2.4G on the DJI GO app and select a wifi channel (I tried 6 and 11) , both remote and spark restarts wifi and they connect to eachother BUT I don't see the wifi ssid of RC on my phone. My phone is a Samsung S6 edge and I know that it supports both 2.4G and 5.8G so I don't understand why my phone DOES NOT see the RC when 2.4G is selected for connection. I tested my phone both on 2.4 and 5.8 wifi networks.

any ideas ?

thanks.

2017-8-26
Use props
[ilkeraktuna]
lvl.3
  • >>>
Turkey

I'd appreciate a reply from someone who knows the issue and a possible solution.
2017-8-26
Use props
Spaners
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1542 ft
United Kingdom

there is quiet a few posts on this subject, but basically speaking the most likely cause is that your phone is not compatible with the 5G8 channels that the spark and the RC use. easy way to test this is to use a wifi analyser downloaded to your mobile device.
I take it you did restart the wifi on your phone after changing channels ?
by this I mean turn wifi off then back on . on your device
also do you have to do the 9 second trick to get your phone to connect to your spark when not using the RC
2017-8-26
Use props
[ilkeraktuna]
lvl.3
  • >>>
Turkey

Spaners Posted at 2017-8-26 15:11
there is quiet a few posts on this subject, but basically speaking the most likely cause is that your phone is not compatible with the 5G8 channels that the spark and the RC use. easy way to test this is to use a wifi analyser downloaded to your mobile device.
I take it you did restart the wifi on your phone after changing channels ?
by this I mean turn wifi off then back on . on your device

thanks for your reply.
I restarted wifi on my phone after the changing channels. and I also need to do the 9 sec trick when I connect my spark directly to the phone.

there are some points which I don't understand:

1. the problem occurs when I select 2.4G on the app but you say that the problem might be that my phone does not support frequencies/channels that spark uses on 5G. Why ? Doe the controller connect to phone through 5.8 when 2.4 is selected on app ?

2. I tried several channels on 2.4 selection (1,6,11)  and none of them solved my issue. There are several channels. Can't we find some channel that both devices (Spark and Samsung phone) support ?

3. is there a solution to this problem ? maybe a rooted Android can use other channels that Spark supports ?

4. how can I find which channels each device support ? I have other Android devices that may be supporting the channels that Spark support. I want to find and learn. you said a wifi analyzer might help. how ?

thanks.
2017-8-27
Use props
fans9ea9c44f
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22129 ft
United Kingdom

The only solution so far with android seems to be to use OTG cable. Tricky sequence though. Connect all as normal, change to 2.4 on spark through App. And whwn it says wifi will restart, whack the OTG into the phone. Range is amazing but it's a load of hassle.
2017-8-27
Use props
fans9ea9c44f
lvl.4
United Kingdom

PS this is the cable.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B072JY1RFP/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Note the usb port on the remote is square edged (called something else) and the corresponding end of the cable must go in there, first.
2017-8-27
Use props
[ilkeraktuna]
lvl.3
  • >>>
Turkey

fans9ea9c44f Posted at 2017-8-27 10:50
PS this is the cable.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B072JY1RFP/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

yeas I know otg cable and I've used it. but I prefer to connect normally using wifi. because DJI does not support OTG on this model.

I couldn't get answers to my questions above. they are impoortant because I need to understand the logic and what the problem is.

thanks for your answers.
2017-8-27
Use props
fans9ea9c44f
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I'm sure you know, but I thought it was because some 5.8 channels arenot permitted in EU?
2017-8-27
Use props
realstreetuk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7966 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

[ilkeraktuna] Posted at 2017-8-26 13:29
I'd appreciate a reply from someone who knows the issue and a possible solution.

I know of this issue has i have the same phone as you and same problem..
the only way to get 2.4ghz is to use OTG cable..
i have been reading and looking for a solution without using OTG but resigned to the fact it is the samsung s6 etc thats at fault
2017-8-27
Use props
[ilkeraktuna]
lvl.3
  • >>>
Turkey

realstreetuk Posted at 2017-8-27 12:35
I know of this issue has i have the same phone as you and same problem..
the only way to get 2.4ghz is to use OTG cable..
i have been reading and looking for a solution without using OTG but resigned to the fact it is the samsung s6 etc thats at fault

it is not only s6
we tried it also with s7 and same result.
in a few days I'll have an s8 , I'll try that as well.

I already own a Lenovo phab2pro, I'll try that also.

but it seems that this is not a phone specific issue. With Android phones we have the issue. So it seems like a problem of DJI not using correct channels.

And to understand it better I had asked the questions above. I could not get an answer though...

2017-8-27
Use props
realstreetuk
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

[ilkeraktuna] Posted at 2017-8-27 12:45
it is not only s6

I know this is frustrating , but a weird thing i had today when i flew on the 5.8 using wifi , i got to around 800m and had disconnect messages and at some point i notice the frequency change to 2.4 and it flew back on 2.4 and when got closer to me it went back to 5.8 no sure how this can happen?
2017-8-27
Use props
realstreetuk
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

it is not only s6

Hi
It must be device specific as to be able to get 2.4 without OTG as the only device i haven't tried until now is my wife's Samsung Galaxy Tab A and as you can see from the video i have made from screen recording app this actually works. I switch from 5.8 to 2.4 wothout OTG. I can't see it being any other problem but depends on compatible device...?

2017-8-27
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

" I tested my phone both on 2.4 and 5.8 wifi networks.  any ideas ?"  Test your phone in a wifi network on channel 149!
2017-8-27
Use props
TMUSVI
lvl.3
Flight distance : 228891 ft
U.S. Virgin Islands

longer range dont know bout that 5.8 i can go 2 miles np
2017-8-27
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

realstreetuk Posted at 2017-8-27 13:50
Hi
It must be device specific as to be able to get 2.4 without OTG as the only device i haven't tried until now is my wife's Samsung Galaxy Tab A and as you can see from the video i have made from screen recording app this actually works. I switch from 5.8 to 2.4 wothout OTG. I can't see it being any other problem but depends on compatible device...?

"as the only device i haven't tried until now is my wife's Samsung Galaxy Tab A "

Model of Tab A, please?
2017-8-27
Use props
realstreetuk
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A6 I think
2017-8-28
Use props
[ilkeraktuna]
lvl.3
  • >>>
Turkey

interesting. so it goes fine with Samsung Tab A.

can I get answers to following from someone who knows ?

1.  Does the controller connect to phone through 5.8 when 2.4 is selected on app ?

2. I tried several channels on 2.4 selection (1,6,11)  and none of them solved my issue. There are several channels. Can we find some channel that both devices (Spark and Samsung phone) support ?

3.  if this is a "supported channel" issue, is there a solution to this problem ? maybe a rooted Android can use other channels that Spark supports ?

4. how can I find which channels each device support ? I have other Android devices that may be supporting the channels that Spark support. I want to find and learn. you said a wifi analyzer might help. how ?
2017-8-28
Use props
[ilkeraktuna]
lvl.3
  • >>>
Turkey

hi,

so any news ?
2017-8-30
Use props
TMUSVI
lvl.3
U.S. Virgin Islands

i have a samsung s5 active its the same for me as you but when there is no interference on 2.4 wifi and no other routers around it connects, but then gets stuck dji has it all messed up mabey they will fix it soon
2017-8-30
Use props
fans3098d9d1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17753 ft
Singapore

RE: 2.4Ghz with Remote control and Samsung phone

I am using an S6 Edge with Spark on latest FW without issues. Using latest DJI GO App as well under FCC mode.

When I'm on 2.4 I normally choose CH 6 or 11 and I can reach 800m no issues, I havent tried beyond that though.
2017-8-30
Use props
StarFishUK
lvl.3
Flight distance : 54970 ft
United Kingdom

it is not only s6

I use an S8 and have no problems on 2.4, 5.8 or OTG.

I also have a Nexus Tablet which acts as you have described.
2017-8-31
Use props
[ilkeraktuna]
lvl.3
  • >>>
Turkey

fans3098d9d1 Posted at 2017-8-30 22:32
I am using an S6 Edge with Spark on latest FW without issues. Using latest DJI GO App as well under FCC mode.

When I'm on 2.4 I normally choose CH 6 or 11 and I can reach 800m no issues, I havent tried beyond that though.

how do you set FCC mode ?
2017-8-31
Use props
TMUSVI
lvl.3
U.S. Virgin Islands

StarFishUK Posted at 2017-8-31 00:02

yea my nexus gen 2 2013 sks too
2017-8-31
Use props
TMUSVI
lvl.3
U.S. Virgin Islands

StarFishUK Posted at 2017-8-31 00:02

yea my nexus gen 2 2013 stinks too
2017-8-31
Use props
Starter12
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17753 ft
Singapore

@TMUSVI - I actually used the modified apk then uninstall it and used the updated DJI App. I just have to cancel every time it asks me to reset wireless network settings so that it will stay on FCC mode.
2017-9-4
Use props
[ilkeraktuna]
lvl.3
  • >>>
Turkey

Starter12 Posted at 2017-9-4 23:17
@TMUSVI - I actually used the modified apk then uninstall it and used the updated DJI App. I just have to cancel every time it asks me to reset wireless network settings so that it will stay on FCC mode.

so you are on latest fw version and you use the latest Android app but you hacked to be on FCC mode.
is that still possible ?

which modified apk you used ?
2017-9-7
Use props
[ilkeraktuna]
lvl.3
  • >>>
Turkey

[ilkeraktuna] Posted at 2017-9-7 08:26
so you are on latest fw version and you use the latest Android app but you hacked to be on FCC mode.
is that still possible ?

can anyone help me with that ? is it possible to use FCC hack with latest firmware and software
2017-9-10
Use props
Spaners
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1542 ft
United Kingdom

ok so I'm guna chip in now.
first IGNOR all post from people in USA as there rules for mobile devices are not the same as those in the E.U (what works there is not same as what works in E.U)
No offence to those in the USA
I know Turkey is not in E.U (but most of your devices will be E.U spec)
The problem is this. In the E.U channels 149 to 161 are designated for low power out door devices or short range devices (SRD) so are the correct channels to be used.
channels 36 to 60 are for indoor use such as home wifi
channels 52 to 140 are DFS/TPC used mainly for weather radar around airports (lots of rules govern these channels)
In the USA the rules are different. There channels 36 to 48 and 149 to 165 are used for home wifi, the mid channels being designated for DFS ie weather radar.
Therefor the hardware in USA is made to receive a different range of channels.
Some manufactures of mobile devices such as Apple make what you mite call one device fits all products (higher cost) Samsung make a few of what they call "world devices" such as the Tab A 10.1 (Only the tab A 10.1. The 9.6 and 7 inch models did not receive channels when I tested them)
In fact I went into a large electrical retailer in the uk with my spark, and with the help of a sales assistant tried every tablet that they had on display. the only tablets the would connect on 5G8 where the Tab A 10.1 and the Ipad. There was one other that did, it was a galaxy pro thing with a keyboard and a price ticket of £599. I had previously bought and tried a Nexus 7 gen 2, a Tab 3 8.4 and a Samsung S5 (mine) and S8 (a friends)
As I thought the Tab A10.1 was to big and an Ipad mini 4 to expensive I went to a place with a large range of second hand tablets and phones (CEX in UK) the only tablet in there that worked was the Ipad .
So that's what I bought. Non of the android devices we tried (and they had a lot) would pick up the 5G8 signal.
The Drone picks up its location from the mobile device and sets power output accordingly, so hacking the DJI firmware alone would not be a solution or a good idea as it would invalidate any warranty should something go wrong.
Except the device for what it is, get an Ipad mini (or other mobile device if you can find one that works) and enjoy
If you want to fly further and higher, get a drone that is designed to do that.

As for hacking phones and tablets, No point if hardware d
2017-9-10
Use props
[ilkeraktuna]
lvl.3
  • >>>
Turkey

Spaners Posted at 2017-9-10 12:45
ok so I'm guna chip in now.
first IGNOR all post from people in USA as there rules for mobile devices are not the same as those in the E.U (what works there is not same as what works in E.U)
No offence to those in the USA

@Spaners

thanks for your detailed explanation/clarification on the matter.

there are 2 separate issues here.

1st issue:

I live in Turkey and as you said although we are not in the EU our products are made for EU. But I want to use 2.4Ghz between the controller and the Spark (because of its short wavelenght and longer range). I understand that when the controller uses 2.4Ghz for Spark , it uses 5.8Ghz to the phone.
But as my Samsung S6 (for EU) does not support the channles that DJI uses for 5.8Ghz. I am not able to use it. That's not reasonable because I don't understand why DJI uses US channels for the phone in 5.8ghz when it uses EU standards for wifi transmit powers.
Anyway, there might be 2 solutions to my problem:

a. use an OTG cable between phone and controller (?)
b. I have purchased a Samsung S8 from US. That might be supporting the channels which DJI prefers on 5.8Ghz

please tell me if these 2 would be my solution...

2nd issue:

I want to use FCC wifi transmit power because I am not in the US. So, someone on this thread mentioned that he was able to use the FCC hack on previous version FW and app. Then he wrote that he was still able to use the FCC hack after upgrading the firmware  and app.

I want to know if that is really possible. And if it's positive , I want to get the correct apk for that. (and the instructions for using the hack on latest firmware)

I'd appreciate if anyone could help me...

2017-9-11
Use props
[ilkeraktuna]
lvl.3
  • >>>
Turkey

[ilkeraktuna] Posted at 2017-9-11 09:01
@Spaners

thanks for your detailed explanation/clarification on the matter.

please ...
2017-9-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules