4336 27 2017-8-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Oscar782
lvl.1
Flight distance : 19557 ft
Norway

Hi Guys

Yesterday I was doing this upgrade. Everything worked well with Mavic but I have problems with RC. During downloading my internet is connected. If downloading has 100% process is not successful, just "Update failed". I dont know why. I was trying this procedure a several times, but always process is "update failed".  In app DJI Assistant 2 I have for RC current V00.00.0000.  I cannot do also downgrade into my earlier version V01.03.900 because my earlier version is not available in app DJI Assistant 2.
How I could do downgrade to my earlier version if this version is not available in app DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic and RC?

I use MAC OSX and Iphone 6S. Could you please,  write me what can I do with this problem?

Thank you very much for your help and support.

Screen Shot 2017-08-26 at 14.38.01.png
Screen Shot 2017-08-26 at 14.47.21.png
2017-8-27
Use props
Fingers
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1365676 ft
United Kingdom

I don't think there is an 'official' way of rolling back to .900.  Your screenshot is the same as mine.   Try it again and see if you get a reason why it failed at the bottom of the screen 'battery below 50%' for example.  

Mine upgraded ok. Though, like a lot of people, I cannot access the Flight Log data. Mavic flys good though.
2017-8-27
Use props
Oscar782
lvl.1
Norway

battery has full 100% also internet is connected. I was trying this procedure 2 days a several times, but always process is "update failed" I dont  have some error in DJI Assistant., just update failed and I cannot fix it...
2017-8-27
Use props
Mari
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1308780 ft
Netherlands

Official there is no way to roll-back to version .0900 with DJI Assistant 2.
2017-8-27
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Did you get any error code when failed to upgrade? If yes, what was that?
2017-8-28
Use props
Ben Ellis
lvl.1
Flight distance : 276063 ft
United Kingdom

Hi Oscar782, I am having EXACTLY the same problem as you. I now can't use the controller, it says version 00.00.0000 as well, can't update via Assistant or DJI Go App. Don't really want to have to send it back for a repair. I have had mine for 6 weeks only! Really angry!
2017-8-28
Use props
Oscar782
lvl.1
Norway

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-8-28 02:28
Did you get any error code when failed to upgrade? If yes, what was that?

DJI Thor: Code 0x000000
Thx
2017-8-28
Use props
Dread-Pirate-Ro
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2169731 ft
United Kingdom

Ben Ellis Posted at 2017-8-28 02:30
Hi Oscar782, I am having EXACTLY the same problem as you. I now can't use the controller, it says version 00.00.0000 as well, can't update via Assistant or DJI Go App. Don't really want to have to send it back for a repair. I have had mine for 6 weeks only! Really angry!

Then why bother updating. If it ain't broke don't fix it
2017-8-28
Use props
Ben Ellis
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Dread-Pirate-Ro Posted at 2017-8-28 04:55
Then why bother updating. If it ain't broke don't fix it

True, I was under the impression it was recommended. Now the controller is completely f*ked, looks like I've got to spend £300 on a new one!
2017-8-28
Use props
Dread-Pirate-Ro
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Ben Ellis Posted at 2017-8-28 07:31
True, I was under the impression it was recommended. Now the controller is completely f*ked, looks like I've got to spend £300 on a new one!

What device are you using? I doubt you will have to fork out money, eventually you will sort it out. Im also curious about updating to 1000 but I want to back up 900 first, I don't know if thats possible though. Hope you fix it.
2017-8-28
Use props
Ben Ellis
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Dread-Pirate-Ro Posted at 2017-8-28 08:46
What device are you using? I doubt you will have to fork out money, eventually you will sort it out. Im also curious about updating to 1000 but I want to back up 900 first, I don't know if thats possible though. Hope you fix it.

I've got the Mavic Pro and remote controller. I've tried everything today. Even found some hardware flashing utilities for both PC and Mac for up/down-grading the firmware for the drone and the controller, none of them work. https://github.com/mavicBreak/DroneZBreak for Mac and https://github.com/jezzab/ for PC, as well as this repo of firmware versions: https://github.com/MAVProxyUser/dji_system.bin/tree/master/bins. The Assistant 2 app for Mac and PC doesn't work or the DJI Go App. My firmware version on the controller says 00.00.0000. So I am pretty sure the controller has been corrupted and I've got to send it back or buy a new one!
2017-8-28
Use props
Dread-Pirate-Ro
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Ben Ellis Posted at 2017-8-28 10:25
I've got the Mavic Pro and remote controller. I've tried everything today. Even found some hardware flashing utilities for both PC and Mac for up/down-grading the firmware for the drone and the controller, none of them work. https://github.com/mavicBreak/DroneZBreak for Mac and https://github.com/jezzab/ for PC, as well as this repo of firmware versions: https://github.com/MAVProxyUser/dji_system.bin/tree/master/bins. The Assistant 2 app for Mac and PC doesn't work or the DJI Go App. My firmware version on the controller says 00.00.0000. So I am pretty sure the controller has been corrupted and I've got to send it back or buy a new one!

ahh that sucks! i dont know anything about github. now im definitely not updating!! hope DJI can help you. they are sometimes helpful and sometimes not from posts on here. im sure i will be in the same boat as you at some point
2017-8-28
Use props
QuadKid
Second Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

Ben Ellis Posted at 2017-8-28 10:25

GitHub is an open source .bin file provider, I have rolled back firmware in the past using the DUMLore Utility tool, followed this guys instruction in the past and it worked fine, he has since update his tutorial as the DUMLore tool is no longer available, check it out it may help.

You should be able to choose what version you want in GitHub, I can see by your link you have already been there.
Go to the actual U Tube video, He has posted links to the Utility tools just click "Show More" under his video for the links.

2017-8-28
Use props
Ben Ellis
lvl.1
United Kingdom

QuadKid Posted at 2017-8-28 11:51
GitHub is an open source .bin file provider, I have rolled back firmware in the past using the DUMLore Utility tool, followed this guys instruction in the past and it worked fine, he has since update his tutorial as the DUMLore tool is no longer available, check it out it may help.

You should be able to choose what version you want in GitHub, I can see by your link you have already been there.

Hey, I've been through this as well. Didn't work either. Looks like I am gonna have to be a new controller and then try to send the other one back to DJI!
2017-8-28
Use props
drewaz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 99163 ft
United States

New enough so this was my first upgrade.  .900 was working great but .1000 mentioned improved camera function so I did it.  Personally I don't notice any difference.  Nothing seems better and nothing seems worse.  Now I'm wondering why one would even bother messing with a system that is working when upgrading FW might cause a problem AND none of the release information gives a compelling reason to upgrade.

Next upgrade I'll also take the path of 'if it's not broken, why try to fix it'  
2017-8-28
Use props
Oscar782
lvl.1
Norway

Should I pay for this (servis RC)?
2017-8-28
Use props
Tiho
lvl.2
Flight distance : 227274 ft
Croatia

try this....  and download bin for RC 900 & RC 1000
backup first your RC flash, than flash 900 and wait 10 min.... then flash 1000, start dji assistant2 look for update proces, or start update ... GL

2017-8-28
Use props
Ben Ellis
lvl.1
United Kingdom

After this update completely bricked my 6 week old Mavic remote, I've had to fork out £329 (GBP) for a new controller. It's prompting me for the same firmware upgrade, there's not a hope in hell I'm going to do this again. At least not until I've sent my original remote (still under warrantee) back to DJI to fix, which should be for free. Beware of interupting the upgrade process, especially if you are downloading it via your cell/mobile phone. Do yourself a favour, do it at home on a Mac/PC over wifi!
2017-8-30
Use props
Dread-Pirate-Ro
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Ben Ellis Posted at 2017-8-30 14:09
After this update completely bricked my 6 week old Mavic remote, I've had to fork out £329 (GBP) for a new controller. It's prompting me for the same firmware upgrade, there's not a hope in hell I'm going to do this again. At least not until I've sent my original remote (still under warrantee) back to DJI to fix, which should be for free. Beware of interupting the upgrade process, especially if you are downloading it via your cell/mobile phone. Do yourself a favour, do it at home on a Mac/PC over wifi!

I feel sorry for you dude! Yah me to I wouldn't want to upgrade the rc incase it happens again! Did you have all these problems because you tried to download via the app?
2017-8-31
Use props
LibRA
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1315823 ft
Ireland

Ben Ellis Posted at 2017-8-28 02:30

Hi, I had same problem with RC, so I needed to send it to DJI service closest to Ireland (Netherlands) and they sent me new one in about 10 days.
2017-9-6
Use props
LibRA
lvl.1
Ireland

If it is under warranty - send it to DJI. I did it already, they sent me mack another one.
2017-9-6
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Oscar782 Posted at 2017-8-28 02:58
DJI Thor: Code 0x000000
Thx

Sorry for the late reply, I suggest sending it in for repair. Please fill in some info on our online repair link of our official web and then send it back. Here is the link: https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area
We will do our best to help this out. Thank you.
2017-9-7
Use props
Ben Ellis
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-9-7 00:12
Sorry for the late reply, I suggest sending it in for repair. Please fill in some info on our online repair link of our official web and then send it back. Here is the link: https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area
We will do our best to help this out. Thank you.

Update: I have now raised a request for a repair to a Mavic Pro Controller, still under warranty. I live in the UK. I contacted Technical Support twice. The first representative told me to send the controller back to the Netherlands (Europe). The second representative told me to send it back to the USA, as all repairs are done in the USA. Do you think you can clarify as I am confused? Thanks.
2017-9-24
Use props
Ben Ellis
lvl.1
United Kingdom

LibRA Posted at 2017-9-6 07:25
Hi, I had same problem with RC, so I needed to send it to DJI service closest to Ireland (Netherlands) and they sent me new one in about 10 days.

Did you get the cost of the shipping refunded? Not sure how it works when controller is still under warranty etc.
2017-9-24
Use props
Ben Ellis
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Dread-Pirate-Ro Posted at 2017-8-31 02:15
I feel sorry for you dude! Yah me to I wouldn't want to upgrade the rc incase it happens again! Did you have all these problems because you tried to download via the app?

Yeah I think it was related to downloading via iOS App over Wifi. I would only consider updating again via USB on my Mac with DJI Assistant App.
2017-9-24
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ben Ellis Posted at 2017-9-24 04:22
Update: I have now raised a request for a repair to a Mavic Pro Controller, still under warranty. I live in the UK. I contacted Technical Support twice. The first representative told me to send the controller back to the Netherlands (Europe). The second representative told me to send it back to the USA, as all repairs are done in the USA. Do you think you can clarify as I am confused? Thanks.

I had a Mavic RC, just weeks old now, with a faulty display. It went back to their repair centre in the Netherlands where they then sent me a new unit.

They should email you a prepaid returns label, the whole process for me took about ten days from start to receiving new RC.
2017-9-24
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Ben Ellis Posted at 2017-9-24 04:22

Sorry for the late reply. Please send it back to the Netherlands repair center. Sorry for the confusion.
2017-9-27
Use props
LibRA
lvl.1
Ireland

Ben Ellis Posted at 2017-9-24 04:23
Did you get the cost of the shipping refunded? Not sure how it works when controller is still under warranty etc.

everything was for free
2018-4-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules