Failed Battery Firmware Update, drone unable to startup
3850 20 2017-8-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
shean
lvl.1
Australia

So even though i have successfully updated my first battery through the DJI go app, but when i inserted my second battery, it didn't work initially and after a few restart on both the drone, and phone app, it works.

it took awhile, and When it reaches 99%, the controller suddenly switches off by it self.
The drone keeps beeping faintly, but nothing have worked even when i restarted the controller.

Without any further solution, i have to switch off the drone and restarted everything on my phone and controller.

When it switch the drone back on, the battery does light up as usual, but the drone does not have any reaction! ( The fan does not switch on and no lights were beeping ).
i could only see a little internal orange light shining through when i peep through the usb and memory card compartment.

I thought this could be due to the failed to be updated battery, but it appears to be the same when i inserted the updated battery back onto the drone.

Tried The dji assistant 2, but due to the failure of the drone starting up, the system could not be able to detect anything.

I highly recommend updating your drone / battery through the computer instead of the controller!

does anyone have similar experiences?
2017-8-27
Use props
Spaners
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1542 ft
United Kingdom

Not seen a post like this before
I would ring support
I'm surprised a mod has not commented on this one yet
2017-8-27
Use props
TheCyberKnight
lvl.3
Canada

Sad. It looks like the aborted update bricked your Spark. I wonder if there's an undocumented way to reset the Spark externally. Did you try a very long power button press?
2017-8-27
Use props
shean
lvl.1
Australia

TheCyberKnight Posted at 2017-8-27 04:57
Sad. It looks like the aborted update bricked your Spark. I wonder if there's an undocumented way to reset the Spark externally. Did you try a very long power button press?

i have tried long pressing. nothing have work because the drone it self does not even start up regardless.
so no matter how much or how long i press is just the smart battery itself that reats.

sad.
2017-8-27
Use props
Spaners
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1542 ft
United Kingdom

Still no comment from a mod
Did you contact DJI suport
2017-8-27
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

In the DJI Assistant 2 , the drone needs to be turned on to connect to the app
2017-8-27
Use props
djiuser_2KWtpK5
New
Flight distance : 27559 ft
Poland

I have the same problem. After updating I have a working one battery. The rest can not be updated. The DJI Assistant does not connect to the device. The application also does not have the ability to change the firmware.
2017-8-27
Use props
shean
lvl.1
Australia

djiuser_2KWtpK5 Posted at 2017-8-27 07:26
I have the same problem. After updating I have a working one battery. The rest can not be updated. The DJI Assistant does not connect to the device. The application also does not have the ability to change the firmware.

good thing i'm not the only one!

i haven't contacted the support team as i have no idea how to yet.

2017-8-27
Use props
shean
lvl.1
Australia

Spaners Posted at 2017-8-27 05:35
Still no comment from a mod
Did you contact DJI suport

hopefully someone from DJI will provide some solution here.

i had a feeling that there is no way to fix the drone as the are no way to by pass into the drone since the drone it self is not starting up.

and physically there are no external button on the drone itself to perform a factory reset without the help of the battery.
2017-8-27
Use props
Clark W. Griswo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 728314 ft
United States

I had same problem, here's what I did to fix firmware and battery issues.

Turn Spark on
Turn on RC
once linked, start GO4 app
on top right(3 bars) of screen, hold down until firmware scren pops up
Reselect newest firmware(600) again.
When update is complete, restart Spark.... the "unable to takeoff" message will be gone.
Subsequent batteries should update normally
Go have fun

Good luck
2017-8-27
Use props
shean
lvl.1
Australia

Clark W. Griswo Posted at 2017-8-27 18:42
I had same problem, here's what I did to fix firmware and battery issues.

This solution wasn't possible for me as i could not start up the drone at all.
The battery will light up as usual upon the short press, then long press.
However, the drone it self remains silent, with only one internal orange light illuminating.

Even if DJI have not come up with a solution yet, hoping that the admin will at least acknowledge this post.
2017-8-28
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Have you tried other batteries? Are you able to power the drone on with other batteries? If not, please refer to the link below to contact the Support, send it in for diagnosis. http://www.dji.com/cn/support
2017-8-28
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser_2KWtpK5 Posted at 2017-8-27 07:26

When you insert the reset battery into aircraft, the drone can be powered on properly or not?
If yes, please restart aircraft and app, then open the app and keep it in homepage (do not enter to camera page) for about 1 minute to see whether a notification popping up to ask you upgrade it.
If nothing appears, please connect the aircraft to PC, run assistant 2 to export the data from black box, and upload it to Dropbox.
The tutorial below is for your reference.
Besides, please upload us a screenshot for version number on "About" page through APP when all are connected.

2017-8-28
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

shean Posted at 2017-8-28 00:45
This solution wasn't possible for me as i could not start up the drone at all.
The battery will light up as usual upon the short press, then long press.
However, the drone it self remains silent, with only one internal orange light illuminating.

Hi Shean, thanks for the details, we'd love to analyze the upgrading log for you firstly.
If you upgraded it via iOS device, you can get the file from log/upgrade0.
If you did that via Android device, please find the file here: /sdcard/DJI/dji.go.v4/LOG/CACHE/UP_NEW_ALL
Then upload the file to Dropbox and provide me the link, thanks.
2017-8-28
Use props
shean
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-8-28 21:24
Hi Shean, thanks for the details, we'd love to analyze the upgrading log for you firstly.
If you upgraded it via iOS device, you can get the file from log/upgrade0.
If you did that via Android device, please find the file here: /sdcard/DJI/dji.go.v4/LOG/CACHE/UP_NEW_ALL

not sure if this is the right one but thats the only logs i can find in my iphone.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/b51kk ... QGlncmIGDi_wFa?dl=0
2017-8-29
Use props
Soltys
New
Poland

On the DJI GO, when the menu is pressed (three bars) the application stops. At DJI Assistant I managed to connect Spark but did not update. After pressing the upgrade, it uploads to 100% and so it stops - I waited more than an hour and nothing else happens.
2017-8-31
Use props
Soltys
New
Poland

Problem solved. I uploaded the firmware via DUMLdron, which I read soft on the battery good and I downloaded to the other that did not work.
https://github.com/jezzab/
2017-9-1
Use props
shean 4
lvl.1
Australia

Still no solution T_T
2017-9-4
Use props
BillSpark
New
United States

Well this is frustrating.  I just got my spark today and got the same issue with the first battery...two solid green lights, doesn't power up the spark now.  The power button on the battery is not responsive.  I put it on the 3 hub charger that came with the fly more set and I get an error (red) light on the charger.  The two lights won't shut off.  I have a third battery coming tomorrow.  I won't call for a new one till I confirm that the 3rd battery takes the firmware update.  Fingers crossed its just one bad battery.  I have read through the forums but haven't found a solution that didn't involve sending the battery back...bummed!
2018-11-25
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

BillSpark Posted at 11-25 19:44
Well this is frustrating.  I just got my spark today and got the same issue with the first battery...two solid green lights, doesn't power up the spark now.  The power button on the battery is not responsive.  I put it on the 3 hub charger that came with the fly more set and I get an error (red) light on the charger.  The two lights won't shut off.  I have a third battery coming tomorrow.  I won't call for a new one till I confirm that the 3rd battery takes the firmware update.  Fingers crossed its just one bad battery.  I have read through the forums but haven't found a solution that didn't involve sending the battery back...bummed!

Hi, we would like to apologize for the inconvenience that it caused. May I know where did you purchase the battery? May we have the photo of this kind of issue on your battery? Please keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you for the support.
2018-11-26
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

BillSpark Posted at 11-25 19:44
Well this is frustrating.  I just got my spark today and got the same issue with the first battery...two solid green lights, doesn't power up the spark now.  The power button on the battery is not responsive.  I put it on the 3 hub charger that came with the fly more set and I get an error (red) light on the charger.  The two lights won't shut off.  I have a third battery coming tomorrow.  I won't call for a new one till I confirm that the 3rd battery takes the firmware update.  Fingers crossed its just one bad battery.  I have read through the forums but haven't found a solution that didn't involve sending the battery back...bummed!

Hi, we would like to apologize for the inconvenience that it caused. May I know where did you purchase the battery? May we have the photo of this kind of issue on your battery? Please keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you for the support.
2018-11-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules