Unbalanced battery after 01.00.0600 update
1753 8 2017-8-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Zirconn
lvl.2
Flight distance : 242920 ft
Romania

Update all my five batteries Monday but flied only two of them. Friday went out to fly again and battery no. 3 was a no go. Red "Cannot take off band" and "Cannot take off due to large battery voltage difference among battery cells." warning. The battery wasn't charged after update so I went home, fully charged it and got the same. Fully discharged it (that took a while) and fully charged it and still stuck with a unbalanced battery.

This battery was not part of the original Fly More pack but it was bought from DJI Store.

Opinions & options ?

Thx
Screenshot_20170827-175007.png
Screenshot_20170827-175019.png
2017-8-27
Use props
Matioupi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 922569 ft
France

I had the same right after updating to 1.00.600 on one of my 4 batteries :

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... 1831&fromuid=886782
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... 1858&fromuid=886782

I  dont know if this is related to new firmware (my guess is yes : they probably have set stricter thresholds... and some batteries just get deprecated from the fact)

I oppenned a case to support. They told me to try to first drain completely the batterie by letting the Spark powered On with this battery, and then recharge it , doing this twice in a row and see if that would solve the issue (hint : it did not).

Now they gave me a UPS return sticker and battery is on it's way. I hope they will exchange it (unless they have special better chargers that could solve this, I know it exists for some non DJI drones and batteries)

at least you not alone :-)
2017-8-27
Use props
Zirconn
lvl.2
Flight distance : 242920 ft
Romania

Already did the full discharge once and yes, it didn't help. I'll contact support too.

I think the batteries showing this kind of behavior would have caused a power-down and crash before the update. Lucky us.
2017-8-27
Use props
Matioupi
lvl.4
France

Zirconn Posted at 2017-8-27 07:38
Already did the full discharge once and yes, it didn't help. I'll contact support too.

I think the batteries showing this kind of behavior would have caused a power-down and crash before the update. Lucky us.

I rather believe that the crashs before update were due to some kind of overheating where the CPU/OS stack triggered a thermal safety shutdown.

If there is indeed a new stricter threshold, it's just that they are taking all safety measures they can think about...
2017-8-27
Use props
Kyokushin
Second Officer
Flight distance : 296381 ft
Poland

It seems it was the hardware defect of some batteries. Now instead of falling a spark cannot take off and DJI replace battery. Good.
2017-8-27
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Please try to restart the drone for several times, if it persists, please contact the Support to send the battery in for diagnosis. http://www.dji.com/support
2017-8-28
Use props
Matioupi
lvl.4
France

update to my similar case of unbalanced batteries :

I just received the confirmation that the battery will be swapped under warranty !
I must say that for once, I've been pleased by DJI support speed and efficiency. Thanks for that DJI !

In order not to let support team rest on it's laurels, I must add this kind of case is pretty simple...

2017-8-30
Use props
TXspark512
lvl.1
United States

Matioupi Posted at 2017-8-30 22:53
update to my similar case of unbalanced batteries :

I just received the confirmation that the battery will be swapped under warranty !

I just experienced the same after the upgrade.  Followed the instructions here to drain the battery completely and recharge.  Did that and got the same message "Cannot takeoff..."  Have a support ticket open hopefully will hear from them soon.
2017-11-26
Use props
TexasAerials
Second Officer
Flight distance : 566952 ft
United States

I'm curious if people experiencing these unbalanced batteries are charging through the plug on the spark, or with the charge board that comes with the fly more combo.  
2017-11-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules